Page 262 of 880 FirstFirst ... 260261262263264 ... LastLast
Results 3,133 to 3,144 of 10551

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Matrix 4 is a bad idea - the story ended, Neo died, and there was a newly minted peace agreement. Why bring this up again?

Sony is making a mistake. They can't re-use anything that happened within the MCU, they will have to recast and reboot Spider-Man AGAIN if they want to make more movies, and they're going to tank at the box office because nobody wants to see a standalone Spider-Man now that we've all seen him with the rest of Marvel where he belongs. Disney may have been a bit greedy, but Sony really only has two choices now: come back to the table, or waste money figuring out that what I just wrote is true, then sell the whole property to Disney. I truly hope they come back to the table before Disney kills him off in-universe.
    Sony May have problems but I disagree about having Spider-Man alone. I didn’t care for Spider-Man with the rest of the avengers. I’d prefer he be the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Sony May have problems but I disagree about having Spider-Man alone. I didn’t care for Spider-Man with the rest of the avengers. I’d prefer he be the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man
    The issue is that there's a lot of MCU Stans and they basically made Holland's character arc at the end of FFH being that he'd be the next leader. That was the purpose of the movie ending along with him developing his Spider sense.

I get what you're saying, but the next movie with Holland's Spider Man is going to feel weird if it's not in line with that storyline.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Dark Phoenix lost money. Sony will not make money on future Spider-Man films because a significant portion of MCU fans (the source of 90% of the revenue) will actively avoid it BECAUSE of this news (assuming they don't backpedal right now).

This is how the cautionary tale of "Don't kill the goose that lays the golden egg" plays out in reality.
    If Sony puts Tom Holland and Tom Hardy in a movie together whether the movie is good or bad there is zero chance it loses money. Absolutely none. Thinking otherwise is not based in reality. Even if some MCU fans boycott it, and lets be real, most of the people crying about this on social media right now will be in the theater to see it, that's not going to stop it from making money.

Maybe I feel different about this than other MCU fans because frankly I don't even really like Spider-Man that much. The movies were fine, Tom Holland as the character is fine, his appearances in the Avengers movies, all fine, but the character just doesn't resonate with me so I could give a shit whether he's in the MCU or not.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If Sony puts Tom Holland and Tom Hardy in a movie together whether the movie is good or bad there is zero chance it loses money. Absolutely none. Thinking otherwise is not based in reality. Even if some MCU fans boycott it, and lets be real, most of the people crying about this on social media right now will be in the theater to see it, that's not going to stop it from making money.

Maybe I feel different about this than other MCU fans because frankly I don't even really like Spider-Man that much. The movies were fine, Tom Holland as the character is fine, his appearances in the Avengers movies, all fine, but the character just doesn't resonate with me so I could give a shit whether he's in the MCU or not.
    I would agree the movie would make money. But Venom I would not even put closely as a comparison to Majority of Marvel movies from Kevin Feige.
    The movie just seemed to lack something character wise and story but overall I enjoyed it. I like Tom Hardy in most of his movies.
    I am not huge spiderman fan either, kids love him, he is my sons favorite character. I am not crazy about Tom Hollands portrayal. I still am partial to Tobey Mcguires version.

I think a Spiderman .vs Venom movie would be great so they need to figure the shit out. We have already seen 3 different actors play Spiderman in the last 15 years. Studios seemed to be in love with the Character as its being continuously pushed.

For me it's the continuity.

It's just going to be a weird pivot to not have him in the movies after spending the last movie branding him as the next Stark. And I mean the next Stark in terms of being a leader, not in terms of how good RDJ was at the role or the personality of the character.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Oh yeah, by no means do I think Venom or any future Spider Man (other than an animated Spider-Verse movie, as the first one was really good) from Sony is going to stand up to the MCU stuff, but I just take issue with this stuff online of people thinking it's going to bomb...it won't, especially if they can keep Holland in it, but even if they can't, it'll do 850M easy IMO. Gotta remember if this holds up, it's prob 2~ years out at least. The furor will die down. It's not like a new Spidey film is coming out in 6 months.

Totally agree with the continuity aspect. I'm surprised Disney wasn't willing to budge based on that alone. I do trust Feige though, they'll come up with something. It'll be jarring for a few films and then be normal, other than re-watches lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Disney announcing a few things for Disney+...

The World According to Jeff Goldblum - lol wat
    live action Lady and the Tramp - my wife will like this
    The Mandalorian - Star Wars series, poster looks pretty cool
    Noelle - some Christmas movie with Anna Kendrick which means I'll watch it for sure. Also has Bill Hader and Billy Eichner.
    back on twitter

Disney announcing a few things for Disney+...

The World According to Jeff Goldblum - lol wat
    live action Lady and the Tramp - my wife will like this
    The Mandalorian - Star Wars series, poster looks pretty cool
    Noelle - some Christmas movie with Anna Kendrick which means I'll watch it for sure. Also has Bill Hader and Billy Eichner.
    Trailer for The Mandalorian is out. Looks decent. I will give it a chance.

Also, Ewan McGregor has signed on to reprise his role in an Obi Wan series on Disney+

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Just watched Escape Room. Wish I didn't. Lol. That's about 2 hours of my life I wasted. It was horrible

Blog Entries

Disney is absolutely out for blood. They announced even more Marvel shows coming too. Netflix is going to have to step it up. A lot of Netflix's stuff is trash IMO and I highly doubt the Disney+ productions are going to be bad. $12.99 for Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu means Netflix is going to be a situational sub for me going forward.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Trailer for The Mandalorian is out. Looks decent. I will give it a chance.

Also, Ewan McGregor has signed on to reprise his role in an Obi Wan series on Disney+

Watching the second scene from The Mandalorian trailer - is that a Firefly class ship? It's definitely inspired by one, that's for sure.

Also - opening shot, stormtrooper helmets on the ground, establishing approximate era within Star Wars. Cut to helmets on spikes - oh, it's going to be THAT kind of show...

the new rambo is LIT