Page 242 of 880 FirstFirst ... 240241242243244 ... LastLast
Results 2,893 to 2,904 of 10552
    Blog Entries

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I believe Spiderman is setting up to have a Sinister Six vs Spiderman movie. Pretty sure Keaton is supposed to return for that one. At least that was the plan at one time...they may have changed things up by now.
    I had read the post credits were supposed to set that up but it ended up being different. If it were me, I think Spider Man has too many villains, like Batman, to re-use ones that have already been featured in standalone MCU Spider-Man movies. The only exception would be if a Sinister Six movie ended up being an ensemble movie featuring many heroes and not just Spider-Man, like the Avengers.

Possibly seeing Midsommar tonight after a crab feast at a friend's house. I had planned on going with my wife but apparently it's super violent so that's tentative.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Did not see Midsommar yet. Perhaps sometime this weekend.

First 3 episodes of Stranger Things are excellent. I want to binge right on through the night, but have to work tomorrow. At least I work from home, so hopefully can get through a couple more.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I would just like to say it's 100% bullshit that we have to wait 2 years for a new season of ST and only get 8 episodes. Not fair, it's too good to be drip fed like that lol.
    back on twitter

Saw Spider Man last night.

Overall, I didn't much care for the movie. They wasted so much time with the school stuff and Peter's anxiety over a girl. I wanted it to raelly show him taking over for Stark and taking the reigns. It kind of did at the end, but it didn't meet my expectations.

Overall, meh. I do like the future storyline. Looks like they're going the Secret Wars route.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I would just like to say it's 100% bullshit that we have to wait 2 years for a new season of ST and only get 8 episodes. Not fair, it's too good to be drip fed like that lol.
    Saw the first line and thought it was going to be about Netflix editing smoking out of movies. Lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ST3 was good. Pretty damn imo.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

After ST3 I am comfortable saying that the show is the best television show actively in production and among the best of all time. Just a masterpiece of filmmaking.
    back on twitter

Put on HBO an hour before Big Little Lies and it's Bohemian Rhapsody! Yes I think I shall rewatch

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Loud voice or whatever with Russell crowe in a fat suit playing Roger ailes is great so far

Also, but to binge watch all of altered carbon tonight. One of the best shows I've ever watched
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I had read the post credits were supposed to set that up but it ended up being different. If it were me, I think Spider Man has too many villains, like Batman, to re-use ones that have already been featured in standalone MCU Spider-Man movies. The only exception would be if a Sinister Six movie ended up being an ensemble movie featuring many heroes and not just Spider-Man, like the Avengers.

Possibly seeing Midsommar tonight after a crab feast at a friend's house. I had planned on going with my wife but apparently it's super violent so that's tentative.
    Yeah I read a synopsis of Spiderman before seeing it and it mentioned the end credits completely wrong, what was so stupid is someone had almost the entire movie correct, even certain lines from it, and then added completely made up shit like adding Dr Strange to it. Why people sit around and go on the internet and just make up fake stories to see if people react to it is beyond me.

I took my son to see Spiderman. It was a decent movie, Jake Gylenhall was great, I really think they wasted his character though and the story being in multiple different countries, and they never gave any decent back story behind the movies villian was pretty bad for a Marvel movie.
    Overall little disappointed but it was still a decent movie. Far too much screen time wasted on the teen crush angle.

Binged watched all (8 episodes) of Stranger Things season 3 and I say that with immense sarcasm because 8 episodes is a complete joke for waiting 2 years to see it. Who ever is responsible for that especially given the entire cast are teens who age like overnight deserves a kick in the throat. They should be rushing to get all these episodes made and back to screen.

Season 3 was great, had some bad parts like the immense build up to the Russian angle and never gave much of a conclusion to it. I swear I think it was like Episode 5-6, the kid Will Byers, in Episode 5 he looks like hes about 12, and in Episode 6 he looks like he is about 16 and has grew like a foot taller. Once the episode started I was like (damn he looks completely different).

One aspect I did not like was the group of the 4 original boys was minus a member about 90% of the episodes. I did not like that but I understand why they did it.

This show needs to be longer, it has to be renewed for another season and they need to get on it ASAP before the kids look like 30 year olds

After ST3 I am comfortable saying that the show is the best television show actively in production and among the best of all time. Just a masterpiece of filmmaking.
    You are probably correct on being it being the best for (Now) and as of yesterday I had not yet read where Season 4 was renewed. I know the writers have already said (The show will not be on long) it has an end its not like Walking dead which has taken a massive nose dive from a writing perspective.

The nostalgic 80's feel to it is amazing. My son who is 10 just loves the theme song, he loves the beginning of every episode.

I loved the movie and TV Show references this time (Back to the future, fast times at ridgemont high, Magnum PI etc...) The (New Coke) recipe and the massive hate for it was pretty funny, the old colored Dorito bags just brought back so many memories as a kid.

Loved the 1st episode, especially the pool scene with all the older hot moms. I never realized how hot Mikes Mom was before.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    You are probably correct on being it being the best for (Now) and as of yesterday I had not yet read where Season 4 was renewed. I know the writers have already said (The show will not be on long) it has an end its not like Walking dead which has taken a massive nose dive from a writing perspective.

The nostalgic 80's feel to it is amazing. My son who is 10 just loves the theme song, he loves the beginning of every episode.

I loved the movie and TV Show references this time (Back to the future, fast times at ridgemont high, Magnum PI etc...) The (New Coke) recipe and the massive hate for it was pretty funny, the old colored Dorito bags just brought back so many memories as a kid.

Loved the 1st episode, especially the pool scene with all the older hot moms. I never realized how hot Mikes Mom was before.
    Back to the Future is possibly my favorite movie ever and I nerded out during those scenes.

Also, prolly the only show I've always watched the full intro because that song is so damn awesome.