Page 172 of 880 FirstFirst ... 170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 2,053 to 2,064 of 10552

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Watched Abducted In Plain Sight. Rather boring and hard to believe people are that gullible. Sad story overall. Jackass Bob deserves pretty much all of the blame, but the parents deserve just a smidgen for being that gullible and for ignoring the multiple red flags. Don't care how well they "knew" the guy.

Trust your guts folks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rented Bohemian Rhapsody tonight. Saw the film at the theater and it was great. Watching at home the movie was soo much better. I personally LOVE Queen and I think they did a fantastic job with this film. They didn’t make it about Freddie’s Sexuality or his having AIDS. It was about his and the bands journey. Music was great and they nailed the characters. I’ll be adding this to my music movie collection.

“You gonna do something .....or just stand there and bleed” Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Rented Bohemian Rhapsody tonight. Saw the film at the theater and it was great. Watching at home the movie was soo much better. I personally LOVE Queen and I think they did a fantastic job with this film. They didn’t make it about Freddie’s Sexuality or his having AIDS. It was about his and the bands journey. Music was great and they nailed the characters. I’ll be adding this to my music movie collection.

It was good, but added a bunch of false Hollywood crap to it as always for the sake of making a movie and adding drama to the story. I hate shit like that. Just tell the story like it's supposed to be told and leave the fake shit out of it. Now, people will go around thinking they actually split up (they only took 2 months off and that was a band decision, not from an argument) due to Freddy getting offered a shit ton of $ for a solo album and hid it from the band. The drummer actually had 2 solo albums before Freddy did his. He didn't find out he had AIDS until 2 years after the Live Aid concert, but noooo, they had to go and make it look like he knew before and went out to give the best performance of his life because he knew it was about over. Fucking added drama bullshit that didn't happen but a bunch of people will believe it actually happened that way all because Hollywood wanted to say it did in a movie.

With that said, it was still a great movie. Just take all the lies out of it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    It was good, but added a bunch of false Hollywood crap to it as always for the sake of making a movie and adding drama to the story. I hate shit like that. Just tell the story like it's supposed to be told and leave the fake shit out of it. Now, people will go around thinking they actually split up (they only took 2 months off and that was a band decision, not from an argument) due to Freddy getting offered a shit ton of $ for a solo album and hid it from the band. The drummer actually had 2 solo albums before Freddy did his. He didn't find out he had AIDS until 2 years after the Live Aid concert, but noooo, they had to go and make it look like he knew before and went out to give the best performance of his life because he knew it was about over. Fucking added drama bullshit that didn't happen but a bunch of people will believe it actually happened that way all because Hollywood wanted to say it did in a movie.

With that said, it was still a great movie. Just take all the lies out of it. :)

Hollywood has to make every story “more entertaining “. Lol. Especially when it comes to Rock Stars or Musicians. The Doors was like that. Soo much fake shit. I’m not positive but I’m sure Ray was like that too. It sucks but it doesn’t take away from hopefully exposing more people to great music.
    Cadillac Records comes to mind when it comes to “taking Liberties with the truth”. Lol. Still a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Hollywood has to make every story “more entertaining “. Lol. Especially when it comes to Rock Stars or Musicians. The Doors was like that. Soo much fake shit. I’m not positive but I’m sure Ray was like that too. It sucks but it doesn’t take away from hopefully exposing more people to great music.
    Cadillac Records comes to mind when it comes to “taking Liberties with the truth”. Lol. Still a great movie.

It's not needed when making a movie about someone or a band. No need to add a bunch of shit that just wasn't true for the sake of making a movie. I guess the Hollywood style has spilled over to the media and news as the norm. Lol

Anyone watching the Ted Bundy tapes?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post

Yeah, it really bothers me when filmmakers take an inherently good, real life story, and add predictable melodrama to it. It takes away from the authenticity. Bohemain Rhapsody was to by-the-number Hollywoood for a biopic on a band that never did anything the standard way.

I have a tough time seeing anything Bryan Singer does right now, and enjoying it. The long-standing rumors and accusations against him are sickening. That made Bohemian Rhapsody an enjoyable, but tough watch for me.

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Yeah, it really bothers me when filmmakers take an inherently good, real life story, and add predictable melodrama to it. It takes away from the authenticity.
    I felt that way when ESPN was hyping the "Greatest Game Ever Played" anniversary broadcast few years ago. I'm too young to have seen that game, so I was really looking forward to it. It wasn't a re-broadcast, it was more like watching an episode of SportCenter completely dedicated to one game. Everybody's opinions, what they were doing back then, blah blah blah. If it's the "Greatest Game Ever Played" shouldn't it be able to stand on it's own as a replay?

Watched Widows yesterday. Not bad. Good action flick. Good cast. Not great but a very good watch.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Anyone watching the Ted Bundy tapes?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Not yet but I plan on it soon

Netflix announced it is canceling Punisher

Come on Hulu rumors, please be true. :)

Blog Entries

i wanted to watch the new true detective, but i realized i never watched the second season. everybody told me how bad it was so i just ignored it. not wanting to skip, i started at season 2.

first episode in, i didnt think it was that bad actually. Its not the first one, but the first one was exceptional imo, so thats a hard barometer to compare anything to. where does this one fall really fall short for all the negativity towards it?
    -JAB