Page 74 of 880 FirstFirst ... 7273747576 ... LastLast

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Checkout Electric Dreams, It's on Amazon. Basically a rip-off of Black Mirror which I know you like, I have only seen three but 2 were pretty good, nonetheless, worth the watch for the creativity and the visual affects
    you had me at black mirror

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    you had me at black mirror

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I figured...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Checkout Electric Dreams, It's on Amazon. Basically a rip-off of Black Mirror which I know you like, I have only seen three but 2 were pretty good, nonetheless, worth the watch for the creativity and the visual affects
    Too bad. Sounded like some kind of crazy Philip K Dick spin off

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I watched Black Panther again a couple nights ago for the first time since the theater, and my opinion is still the same. Good movie, but soooooo overrated. I do love me some Shuri though.

My final, definitive ranking of the first 10 years:

Winter Soldier (this is so far ahead of everything else on this list I have to leave a space - it's the second best comic book movie of all time to LOGAN)
    ----------------
    Infinity War
    Doctor Strange
    Guardians 1
    Civil War
    Ragnarok
    Homecoming
    Iron Man
    Avengers 1
    Black Panther
    Guardians 2
    Ant Man
    Iron Man 3
    Age of Ultron
    Hulk
    Thor 2
    Thor
    Iron Man 2
    Captain America 1
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

Winter Soldier (this is so far ahead of everything else on this list I have to leave a space - it's the second best comic book movie of all time to LOGAN)
    ----------------
    yeah, I'm not getting your love for Cap II. I thought both of the other Caps were better.

I watched Black Panther again a couple nights ago for the first time since the theater, and my opinion is still the same. Good movie, but soooooo overrated. I do love me some Shuri though.

My final, definitive ranking of the first 10 years:

----------------
    Infinity War
    Doctor Strange
    Guardians 1
    Civil War
    Ragnarok
    Homecoming
    Iron Man
    Avengers 1
    Black Panther
    Guardians 2
    Ant Man
    Iron Man 3
    Age of Ultron
    Hulk
    Thor 2
    Thor
    Iron Man 2
    Captain America 1
    I'm pretty much on board with this list. I'd drop Doctor Strange a bit (probably to below Guardians 2), but that's just my personal opinion. Overall, I agree though.

Black Panther the second team really left me disappointed. The best part of the movie IMO is Killmongerer. He's just such a good villain, but the story itself was meh to me.

One thing I love about the series is how they revived Thor's character. He was such a badass in Infinity War. Ragnarok was great for resetting his character.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    yeah, I'm not getting your love for Cap II. I thought both of the other Caps were better.
    Just personal opinion :) I just adore Winter Soldier and will sing it's praises forever. That and Logan to me are as perfect as this genre is going to get, but again as I said just my opinion.

I have watched Cap 1 twice, once in theater and once during my rewatch of all the movies leading up to Infinity War, and I think it's total garbage. It's so boring, even as an origin story. I don't know that I'll ever willingly watch it again.

Civil War I really like, but for me personally nothing in the MCU beats the story, the twists and turns that are in Winter Soldier. It's the only movie in the universe that I've ever actually liked Captain America's character (though he's ok in Infinity War too).

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I'm pretty much on board with this list. I'd drop Doctor Strange a bit (probably to below Guardians 2), but that's just my personal opinion. Overall, I agree though.

Black Panther the second team really left me disappointed. The best part of the movie IMO is Killmongerer. He's just such a good villain, but the story itself was meh to me.

One thing I love about the series is how they revived Thor's character. He was such a badass in Infinity War. Ragnarok was great for resetting his character.
    Yeah, I agree on Black Panther. Killmonger was a great villain. I expected something...I dunno, different? The way it was played up was that it was something new and unique within the MCU and so far as it being based around a black superhero, sure, but the story was pretty run of the mill just like most of the others.

Agree on Thor also. The first two Thor movies were...not good...Ragnarok was great though. And he was indeed a total badass in Infinity War, going from one of my least liked characters to one of the coolest.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

So, Solo.

An adequate movie that doesn't need to exist. Not really a fan of the milking of the franchise Disney is doing. Rogue One was really good and filled in important information relevant to the original trilogy, but this one is just...I dunno. The acting is solid, and God, I can never get enough of Emilia Clarke...it's not bad. But I'm not sure it's good either, and I'm not sure what the point of it was. A few years from now people will forget it even exists.

I guess this is just something I feel like I didn't need to know about. Han was fleshed out more than enough to keep the mystique too in the original trilogy. I have seen there is supposedly a Boba Fett movie coming and a Lando movie as well and I have a lot more interest in those than I did/do this one.

If you've seen Deadpool and Infinity War and are looking for something to see this holiday weekend, it's fine, but I wouldn't rush to see it over other quality films in theaters right now.
    back on twitter

So, Solo.

An adequate movie that doesn't need to exist. Not really a fan of the milking of the franchise Disney is doing. Rogue One was really good and filled in important information relevant to the original trilogy, but this one is just...I dunno. The acting is solid, and God, I can never get enough of Emilia Clarke...it's not bad. But I'm not sure it's good either, and I'm not sure what the point of it was. A few years from now people will forget it even exists.

I guess this is just something I feel like I didn't need to know about. Han was fleshed out more than enough to keep the mystique too in the original trilogy. I have seen there is supposedly a Boba Fett movie coming and a Lando movie as well and I have a lot more interest in those than I did/do this one.

If you've seen Deadpool and Infinity War and are looking for something to see this holiday weekend, it's fine, but I wouldn't rush to see it over other quality films in theaters right now.
    Solo was so boring. Pointless movie. But like you said, Disney will milk this cow dry.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

So....

Gringo- Just a funny movie that I put on to kill time, actually was surprised about how good it was. I would say its worth the watch for a good laugh

Fahrenheit 451- I enjoyed it, premise is based off of 1984 basically. Also, a lesser known movie it reminds me of but a great watch: Equilibrium

Am I the only one that watches Billions, WestWorld, The Americans? Three top notch shows
    Last edited by usmccharles; 05-29-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Solo was so boring. Pointless movie. But like you said, Disney will milk this cow dry.
    Really?

I saw it this weekend. The Kessell Run? The Train scene? The twist at the end?

I had a blast watching it. I thought it was great!

So....

Gringo- Just a funny movie that I put on to kill time, actually was surprised about how good it was. I would say its worth the watch for a good laugh

Fahrenheit 451- I enjoyed it, premise is based off of 1984 basically. Also, a lesser known movie it reminds me of but a great watch: Equilibrium

Am I the only one that watches Billions, WestWorld, The Americans? Three top notch shows
    Westworld is incredible. I'm almost done season 1.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB