Page 330 of 880 FirstFirst ... 328329330331332 ... LastLast
Results 3,949 to 3,960 of 10551

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I couldn't finish The Witcher. Started Thieves In the Wood. On 2nd episode now. Not sure I will finish this one either. 1st episodes have to grab my attention and this one was rather boring for me

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just read some laughable article on Yahoo yesterday stating that Netflix is saying The Witcher is one of their highest viewed shows but in the same article it threw jabs at the stats because before they counted how long a show was viewed and now they are counting it as viewed even if someone turned it off after like 2 minutes which pretty much seems like everybody so far.

The show just 30 min into 1 episode was lousy. Cant see myself finishing it

Blog Entries

The only good thing about Witcher is the woman who plays Yennefer is smoking hot (if you haven't got past episode 3 you are probably wondering why I say this, she gets transformed into a "normal" looking person in that episode and gets rid of the deformities). But that alone isn't worth continuing to watch for lol just Google it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The only good thing about Witcher is the woman who plays Yennefer is smoking hot (if you haven't got past episode 3 you are probably wondering why I say this, she gets transformed into a "normal" looking person in that episode and gets rid of the deformities). But that alone isn't worth continuing to watch for lol just Google it.
    So the hunchback mage is a hottie? Hmmmmm

Nope, still not gonna finish it.... lol

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I just read some laughable article on Yahoo yesterday stating that Netflix is saying The Witcher is one of their highest viewed shows but in the same article it threw jabs at the stats because before they counted how long a show was viewed and now they are counting it as viewed even if someone turned it off after like 2 minutes which pretty much seems like everybody so far.

The show just 30 min into 1 episode was lousy. Cant see myself finishing it
    So just clicking view on 1st episode counts towards the entire season views?

So just clicking view on 1st episode counts towards the entire season views?

Seems so

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wir...wo-minutes/amp

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

So the hunchback mage is a hottie? Hmmmmm

Nope, still not gonna finish it.... lol

I think so.

Blog Entries

Yennefer also does a lot of cool magic shit, and of the five episodes I watched is unquestionably the coolest part of the show. But still not enough for me to keep watching.

Watched The Informer, I really liked it. About a dude who is an informer (shocking) trying to get out of a corrupt situation. Has the guy from Altered Carbon which I absolutely loved, such an underrated show on Netflix. Season 2 next month.

Also, not sure if I'm allowed to do this but I watched the movie and some shows on a website called vumoo.to :no downloading necessary, it's just streaming.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Finally watched the Joker. Thought it was fantastic. Hard to think Phoenix wont get the Oscar imo. It was over super quick for me as i didnt feel there was any boring moments or down time. One thing i dont get is the time line, the movie era is circa around 1981 and it showed Bruce Wayne as what, ten years old? So what does that do to the time line or is there not one, is this just a movie in a different universe than the rest? Definitely would have made my top 5 of last years movies

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Finally watched the Joker. Thought it was fantastic. Hard to think Phoenix wont get the Oscar imo. It was over super quick for me as i didnt feel there was any boring moments or down time. One thing i dont get is the time line, the movie era is circa around 1981 and it showed Bruce Wayne as what, ten years old? So what does that do to the time line or is there not one, is this just a movie in a different universe than the rest? Definitely would have made my top 5 of last years movies
    Yeah I think the timeline was messed up. I think instead of focusing on the age Bruce Wayne would have to been born in the early 70's they I guess focused on the date and age gap of where hed be as Batman Battling Joker maybe??? I dont know.

The movie was great. Seen it twice now. Not something I would watch over and over but its a great movie.

I am still partial to Heath LEdgers version. He just seemed more bad ass menacing than actually mentally insane which I just enjoyed better.
    Such a shame he died before I could even receive the credit he deserved

Blog Entries

I took Joker as a stand-alone movie not connected to any other DC media. And I agree with you, it was fantastic and one of my favorite films last year. I truly hope they don’t ruin it with a sequel.

Not to be different or contrary but I did not like Joker. I am a fan of the M Night Shyamalan universe of Unbreakable, Split, Glass so I thought a more reality based, gritty super hero/villain origin story would be right up my alley.

I thought it was depressing, cringy and kind of boring. It was like Joaquin Phoenix playing Deniro playing Joker (i.e. channeling a little Taxi driver and a little Max Cady in Cape Fear). He was more pathetic than sympathetic and his arc into empowered bad guy from put upon schmuck was not that enjoyable. I think it had the potential to be though so in that sense it was disappointing.

I will say having given the HBO Watchmen series another whirl as a result of USMC's thoughts on it I'm really enjoying that and very glad I did.

I may watch Joker again but the movie makes me feel like I just woke up after a night of doing shots and smoking a pack of cigarettes. Just gross.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-24-2020 at 12:11 PM.