Page 420 of 878 FirstFirst ... 418419420421422 ... LastLast
Results 5,029 to 5,040 of 10535
    Blog Entries

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    This is how I think about it. Ill catch shit for this, but Blair aeitch has always creeper me out. I don't view it as a witch but just as someone terrozing others in the woods.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    First time I saw Blair Witch when I was a kid it spooked me big time. You didn't have the found footage genre as we know it now back then so to me...it came out in 1999 right? I was 13. There was nothing "unreal" about it to me then, nothing in your face fake (other than the part with the hands all over the tent - that happened in the 1st one, right?) like the Paranormal Activity movies or other found footage stuff, so I thought that shit was real.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Observe and Report is funny. Definitely underrated.

Scary Movie I love the original movies. They were all funny and always enjoy watching them.

Poltergeist the original was good for its time. I watched it quite few years back and thought at the time its effects were not all that great and it was kind of dumb but it was good for its era.

Regarding Halloweeen getting pushed back, that sucks, I would definitely shell out $20 on Demand to watch that. I thought the 2018 movie was decent, but it had some pretty blatantly dumb parts.
    Yeah, I enjoyed the recent Halloween a lot. Had some issues but it was much better than any other Halloween movie since the 2nd one. I would have paid the $20 for VOD too, absolutely.

I have decided I'm not going to be going to the theater again until there's a vaccine, even if this levels off. Just not really interested anymore, people are too fucking gross. So it's going to be VOD for me going forward the rest of this year and into next year...hope some studios release more stuff on there.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    First time I saw Blair Witch when I was a kid it spooked me big time. You didn't have the found footage genre as we know it now back then so to me...it came out in 1999 right? I was 13. There was nothing "unreal" about it to me then, nothing in your face fake (other than the part with the hands all over the tent - that happened in the 1st one, right?) like the Paranormal Activity movies or other found footage stuff, so I thought that shit was real.

Yeah, I enjoyed the recent Halloween a lot. Had some issues but it was much better than any other Halloween movie since the 2nd one. I would have paid the $20 for VOD too, absolutely.

I have decided I'm not going to be going to the theater again until there's a vaccine, even if this levels off. Just not really interested anymore, people are too fucking gross. So it's going to be VOD for me going forward the rest of this year and into next year...hope some studios release more stuff on there.

I have some friends in town visiting from out of state (No corona cases) and today we are bored and I thought it would be great day to introduce them to Benji outdoor drive in movie theater. They are literally our only option right now and what is this weeks line up ( Field of Dreams and A league of their own). Snooze fest.

Do not get me wrong, I like both of those movies for what they are, but this is serioulsy during a pandemin when people are starving for any type of entertainment and this is the best option for its what 3rd week being opened??? Seriously disappointed in this place.

Why not show some good comedies, cartoons, action, or even horror but nope, two 20-30 year old baseball dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I have some friends in town visiting from out of state (No corona cases) and today we are bored and I thought it would be great day to introduce them to Benji outdoor drive in movie theater. They are literally our only option right now and what is this weeks line up ( Field of Dreams and A league of their own). Snooze fest.

Do not get me wrong, I like both of those movies for what they are, but this is serioulsy during a pandemin when people are starving for any type of entertainment and this is the best option for its what 3rd week being opened??? Seriously disappointed in this place.

Why not show some good comedies, cartoons, action, or even horror but nope, two 20-30 year old baseball dramas.
    For the nostalgic reason. Brings us back to good times and sports

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

That's a bummer that those are the only options. I wouldn't have any interest either. Doesn't help for this weekend, but next Saturday the vineyard that does drive in movies right near me is showing Spaceballs. Definitely thinking about going to that one.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

That's a bummer that those are the only options. I wouldn't have any interest either. Doesn't help for this weekend, but next Saturday the vineyard that does drive in movies right near me is showing Spaceballs. Definitely thinking about going to that one.
    Yea but isn't it like.... Don't go...?

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Just watched Always be my Maybe with Ali Wong and Randall Park. I just love that movie. It is loaded with so many great little one liners that every time I watch it I pick something else up. Karan Soni, who plays Dopinder in the Dead Pool movies, is in it as well and makes the most of every minute he's on the screen. Lot's of strong performances in that movie. The actor who plays Parks dad is amazing as well. Just plays a great "every dad".

And of course Keanu Reeves displays his comedic chops nicely in probably the funniest sequence in the entire movie.

If you have not seen it I highly recommend it along with Ali Wong's Netflix comedy specials. She will make you laugh so hard no sound comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Just watched Always be my Maybe with Ali Wong and Randall Park. I just love that movie. It is loaded with so many great little one liners that every time I watch it I pick something else up. Karan Soni, who plays Dopinder in the Dead Pool movies, is in it as well and makes the most of every minute he's on the screen. Lot's of strong performances in that movie. The actor who plays Parks dad is amazing as well. Just plays a great "every dad".

And of course Keanu Reeves displays his comedic chops nicely in probably the funniest sequence in the entire movie.

If you have not seen it I highly recommend it along with Ali Wong's Netflix comedy specials. She will make you laugh so hard no sound comes out.
    I liked that too. Fun easy watch!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    For the nostalgic reason. Brings us back to good times and sports

I dont know man, its a pretty shitty lineup considering its mid summer and there is literally no other option around to see a movie especially outdoors.

Blog Entries

IMO if you are going to show a movie in this environment, whether a traditional cinema or drive in theater, it should be something that is amplified by the big screen and sound system. So action, horror, adventure. There's just no value added for me to see Field of Dreams on a big screen lol.
    back on twitter

IMO if you are going to show a movie in this environment, whether a traditional cinema or drive in theater, it should be something that is amplified by the big screen and sound system. So action, horror, adventure. There's just no value added for me to see Field of Dreams on a big screen lol.
    Oh I agree. A movie theater near me is going to show Back to the Future soon, might be the most perfect movie ever made. Can't wait

Just watched "Fighting with my Family" on Hulu.

It stars The Rock, Vince Vaughn, Lena Hedly, and the actress Florence Pugh who is going to be in the black widow movie with Scarlett Johansen. It's the story of the WWE wrestler "Paige" and how she grew up in a wrestling family was was discovered and brought to the US and became a star in the league. It's a charming little movie that is a little slow in spots but entertaining. I did not know until it was over it was based on the life of a real wrestler. I just thought it was some crazy story someone made up. Anyway, some big names, and worth checking out.

Watched an old childhood favorite last night and that Title is Willow. Watching it today, I cant help but feel as if George Lucas somewhat ripped off Lord of the Rings as it has that feel to it but it was still original.

I cannot recall her name but the Red Head Actress in it is a hottie. Its back from Val Kilmers early days.

Shocked there was not a sequel to it being it was George Lucas/ Ron Howard film back in the day.