Page 329 of 880 FirstFirst ... 327328329330331 ... LastLast
Results 3,937 to 3,948 of 10552
    Blog Entries

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Really good episode of This Is Us on Tuesday, one of the better portrayals of mental illness/anxiety that I have seen in film.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Really good episode of This Is Us on Tuesday, one of the better portrayals of mental illness/anxiety that I have seen in film.
    Ah, a rare mention of a broadcast show. Not really a fan of this one but want to use it as a jumping off point for comments on new broadcast shows that some think are good. (With the new ways that show start at transom times during the year, it’s harder to catch some that may be good)
    So the new shows this year that I tho k are pretty good are
    Stumptown
    Emergence (did seem like a lamish reveal early, but it was only a tiny portion of it)
    Evil, this show is creepy in all the right ways
    Bob (loves) Abishola. This show is damn funny

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I don't even remember the movie Watchmen, I'm sure I seen it but when I watched the series I had no idea of anything so maybe that's why I found it so interesting.

To each their own on the politics stuff being involved in movies. I just don't let it bother me. Like I don't support the Kkk but American History X is my favorite movie.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    America History X is a great movie. I have not seen it in years. True story, my brothers wife knows the big skin head guy that made Ed Norton regret not having soap on a rope in the prison shower scene. I think she knew him from when she was at Holy Cross in Kensington years ago.

As for politics, I know our history is littered with horrible racism but sometimes I get angry when we choose to create fantasy that perpetuates the idea that there we are basically still in a world that is the 1800s crossed with Nazi Germany.

I made it through 3 more episodes and the Watchmen has reached levels of weirdness that I could never have imagined. The 7th Cavalry are secondary at this point to all the weirdness going on. Anyway, I'm glad I heeded your review and powered through another few episodes. Good original content where you can't predict what's coming around every corner is hard to find and this thing is anything but predictable.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-23-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Ah, a rare mention of a broadcast show. Not really a fan of this one but want to use it as a jumping off point for comments on new broadcast shows that some think are good. (With the new ways that show start at transom times during the year, it’s harder to catch some that may be good)
    Stumptown
    Emergence (did seem like a lamish reveal early, but it was only a tiny portion of it)
    I will check these out. The only non cable show I've watched recently other than This Is Us was 911 on Fox, but procedurals (other than Law and Order) are kind of meh to me, and some of the accidents/disasters/incidents they portrayed in it were so unrealistic that I just eventually lost interest.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I definitely get you guys. I guess I just have never been bothered by it or just can't remember a situation that annoyed me.

I stopped watching Orange because it just got so boring and repetitive (like walking dead), did it get any better?

No. Orange is the New black ended terribly. The last 2 seasons were god awful. Who ever wrote that series should not get a job for a long time in hollywood.

Never have I seen a show start out as a comedy and end the series like a Drama. I finished it with the wife because it was one show we both watched.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Stumptown

I have been watching Evil. Its pretty good. I like the cast especially the bad guy from Person of INterest.

They had some really good horror shows on the last few years and all were canceled. Definitely a Genre that is massively lacking on regular Cable TV.

I will check these out. The only non cable show I've watched recently other than This Is Us was 911 on Fox, but procedurals (other than Law and Order) are kind of meh to me, and some of the accidents/disasters/incidents they portrayed in it were so unrealistic that I just eventually lost interest.
    Procedurals are hit an miss with me. They need to get the right mix. For example I loved bones, hated NCIS ( I thought part of that was not liking Harmon, but then I couldn’t do ncis la either.
    I can’t do some of the newer types like 911, they seem a little over the top for me.

I'm still in the middle of watching Evil. Next episode up is the Halloween one. I enjoy it enough to keep watching it, but it doesn't have me hooked enough to binge it so far.

I really like where each case has a scientific explanation as well as a religious one. Obviously the scientific side actually shows a plausible explanation where the religious side is open to interpretation. Neither side is shitting on the other but both are plausible. Just depends on which side you are on I suppose, but they have it where 1 side doesn't take away from the other.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I couldn't finish The Witcher. Started Thieves In the Wood. On 2nd episode now. Not sure I will finish this one either. 1st episodes have to grab my attention and this one was rather boring for me

Finished season 3 of Mr Mercedes, such a fantastic show, highly recommend.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I couldn't finish The Witcher. Started Thieves In the Wood. On 2nd episode now. Not sure I will finish this one either. 1st episodes have to grab my attention and this one was rather boring for me

I was shocked at how bad I found Witcher to be after so many people said it was great and even compared to Game of Thrones. Maybe comparable to the last season of Game of Thrones...
    back on twitter

I was shocked at how bad I found Witcher to be after so many people said it was great and even compared to Game of Thrones. Maybe comparable to the last season of Game of Thrones...
    Not even close to Game of Thrones, and even the last season was still better than Witcher, at least from what I saw of it. I'm not gonna sit through the rest to find out though.