Page 276 of 880 FirstFirst ... 274275276277278 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,312 of 10552
    Blog Entries

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    That also describes first blood, which was the best of the franchise
    As a long time fan of the Rambo series since I was younger - which is the only reason I went to see it last night - I can assure you that, at least IMO, it's nowhere near as good as First Blood. Spoilers here - It's like an hour or so of Sly riding around on a horse, looking angst-y, brooding, and then they make you watch a girl who's age is never given but perhaps may be under 18 get kidnapped, put into sex slavery, drugged and raped repeatedly (similar to 2008 Rambo), before you get to that action. I am no stranger to exploitation and rape/revenge films, but this one doesn't even match the low standards of something like I Spit On Your Grave. It's garbage.

Anyone do the 31 for 31 in October? One movie per day, think I'm going to try to.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    As a long time fan of the Rambo series since I was younger - which is the only reason I went to see it last night - I can assure you that, at least IMO, it's nowhere near as good as First Blood. Spoilers here - It's like an hour or so of Sly riding around on a horse, looking angst-y, brooding, and then they make you watch a girl who's age is never given but perhaps may be under 18 get kidnapped, put into sex slavery, drugged and raped repeatedly (similar to 2008 Rambo), before you get to that action. I am no stranger to exploitation and rape/revenge films, but this one doesn't even match the low standards of something like I Spit On Your Grave. It's garbage.

Anyone do the 31 for 31 in October? One movie per day, think I'm going to try to.
    The original Rambo was great. Great movie story line and plot. I even enjoyed the two sequels.
    The Rambo 2008 was pretty lousy except for some decent action at the end.

The new one just sounds all around lousy.

Blog Entries

Watched the first episode of AHS 1984 tonight. Not bad. It's a promising start, I love the aesthetic and of course it appears Emma Roberts is the leading lady so that immediately makes it a must watch for me. Interested in seeing where it goes from here, seems like it's just going to be an episodic slasher movie.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Watched Ma tonight. It was ok. Nothing spectacular that I would seek out but if it’s on TV in the future it’s not a waste of an hour and half either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Watched the first episode of AHS 1984 tonight. Not bad. It's a promising start, I love the aesthetic and of course it appears Emma Roberts is the leading lady so that immediately makes it a must watch for me. Interested in seeing where it goes from here, seems like it's just going to be an episodic slasher movie.
    I love the aesthetic too. AHS always kills it in the music department. I must admit I miss Evan Peters and some of the other cast from previous seasons but I'm hoping for some cameos. I wonder, does it take place in one night? The previews showed no daytime scenes. Emma's character seems likable for once... her characters have been pretty bitchy (though very well played!) in previous seasons haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've never watched AHS

Sent from my QS5509A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I've never watched AHS

Must watch tv bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never watched AHS

I think you'd like it. Some seasons more than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Must watch tv bro.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I think you'd like it. Some seasons more than others.

I trust your guys opinion. I'll add it to the list...

Bout to KC bitchesssss

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I trust your guys opinion. I'll add it to the list...

Bout to KC bitchesssss

All a matter of opinion of course but my ranking of the seasons (BHC and Lax, interested in hearing your opinion):

2. Asylum
    1. Murder House
    4. Freak Show
    5. Hotel
    7. Cult
    8. Apocalypse
    3. Coven
    6. Roanoke

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    All a matter of opinion of course but my ranking of the seasons (BHC and Lax, interested in hearing your opinion):

2. Asylum
    1. Murder House
    4. Freak Show
    5. Hotel
    7. Cult
    8. Apocalypse
    3. Coven
    6. Roanoke

Um for me it’s
    Asylum
    Coven
    Freak show
    Murder house
    Hotel
    Cult
    Apocalypse
    Roanoke

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Um for me it’s
    Asylum
    Coven
    Freak show
    Murder house
    Hotel
    Cult
    Apocalypse
    Roanoke

Good taste. I may have to give coven a rewatch. I do love all things New Orleans ...