Page 325 of 880 FirstFirst ... 323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 3,889 to 3,900 of 10552

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Thanks, i actually learned something from that link, ie the Steve Buscemi being a waiter for a second in Pulp Fiction.
    No problem. I'm not a big fan of his, but I do respect his passion for detail and continuity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    No problem. I'm not a big fan of his, but I do respect his passion for detail and continuity.

I just absolutely love the dialogue he creates and the humor he puts into serious movies. I was never big into the Deathproof stuff, Kill Bill was pushing it for me.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Had a chance to binge some stuff in Netflix

Dracula- 3 part series. It was interesting. I liked the style they did it at the beginning but then it kind of went too....trying to think of the word...cheesy i guess. Definitely could have been so much better as i love origin stories and think they really dropped the ball here

Messiah- Very well done and put together, good performances. Each episode has you wondering if your about to learn who this guy is then nothing. Definitely teases you through out the series. If there isnt a second season i will be disappointed as there wasnt really a conclusion other than your own.

Id say both are worth watching but nothing groundbreaking. Im watching the Aaron Hernandez Doc on netflix at the moment.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Had a chance to binge some stuff in Netflix

Dracula- 3 part series. It was interesting. I liked the style they did it at the beginning but then it kind of went too....trying to think of the word...cheesy i guess. Definitely could have been so much better as i love origin stories and think they really dropped the ball here.

I agree 100%! Finished it last night and man it went downhill fast after the 1st episode. :( 3rd episode was absolutely horrible and the 2nd at least felt like it was trying to fit in with the 1st episode. I get they were going from his beginning to modern day, but only having 3 episodes to do that with didn't really work out. It made it feel like nothing fit together. There wasn't anything at all about the 3rd episode that I liked. Complete waste for sure.

I want to mention some really bad/cheesy movies that are nonetheless fun to watch for sheer cheesiness.

The first is Alvin Ecarma's Lethal Force. Anyone seen that one? It's so bad but it's so cheesy and silly it's worth watching for laughs. It used to be on Netflix. It's not there anymore. I can't find it on Amazon either but you could probably find it on youtube.

Another one that I just watched during my flu weekend film fest is Officer Downe. It's a poor man's Robocop meets universal soldier meets duke nukem. Very cheesy/low budge. I turned my brain off and enjoyed the camp. It has two surprisingly recognizable actors in it->Kim Coates and Lauren Velez.

Anyone looking for silly fun those movies will do. Those are good movies to watch with buddies or in a situation where you want to do the Mystery Science Theater type of commentary throughout.

Updating this to say I see Lethal Force on Amazon Prime and think I'm going to give it a watch this weekend.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-16-2020 at 12:14 PM.

I liked Night Hunter. Nice little gem. Operation Finale was good as well with Kingsley

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    I was stuck home from work yesterday taking care of sick kids and decided to watch Night Hunter.

The movie was pretty bad even for a straight to netflix type. Considering the cast of (Ben Kingsley, Stanley Tucci, Cavil, and a few other fairly well known actors) it was pretty lousy especially Henry Cavil.

His character made no sense. He is a cop, yet he didnt act or dress like one the entire movie except for 1 scene where he is full swat??? They make the movie want to feel like this small town theme, yet the police office and force dressed and looked like it was something out of a GQ magazine.
    He must have signed on for this movie like Ok, Superman will act in it but I want to dress comfortably and not have to smile much like I did in Zach Snyders Superman films.

What was with Cavils accent? Just completely stood out and his character is this quiet, grouchy, brooding type Father who doesnt speak to his own child???

Just was absurdly dumb especially the final act where the bad guys get killed.

Ben Kingsley was the best part and he was rarely in it.

THe movie plot had a solid premise but it never gave any back story on the bad guy, it was just like What crazy twist can we think of to make you not understand what was going on

They are finally making National Treasure 3. Long overdue. Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I was stuck home from work yesterday taking care of sick kids and decided to watch Night Hunter.

The movie was pretty bad even for a straight to netflix type. Considering the cast of (Ben Kingsley, Stanley Tucci, Cavil, and a few other fairly well known actors) it was pretty lousy especially Henry Cavil.

His character made no sense. He is a cop, yet he didnt act or dress like one the entire movie except for 1 scene where he is full swat??? They make the movie want to feel like this small town theme, yet the police office and force dressed and looked like it was something out of a GQ magazine.
    He must have signed on for this movie like Ok, Superman will act in it but I want to dress comfortably and not have to smile much like I did in Zach Snyders Superman films.

What was with Cavils accent? Just completely stood out and his character is this quiet, grouchy, brooding type Father who doesnt speak to his own child???

Just was absurdly dumb especially the final act where the bad guys get killed.

Ben Kingsley was the best part and he was rarely in it.

THe movie plot had a solid premise but it never gave any back story on the bad guy, it was just like What crazy twist can we think of to make you not understand what was going on
    Your expectations were too high. 95% of what's on Netflix is not good. The most you can hope for is some novel plot device or a good performance or well done scene. I liked Kingsingly and the mentally deficient actor was not bad. He went "full retard" and was believable. Hard to do. Of course it was ridiculous. Of course it was.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-18-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Blog Entries

7716 is the toughest critic on this board. My dude doesn’t like hardly anything lol.

My wife has been watching the new season of Grace and Frankie all afternoon. I’ve casually followed along, not a bad show.

We watched all of season 2 of Zumbo’s Just Desserts. Much like the first season it’s pretty bland, Zumbo has no personality, and the contestants are all really weird, but it’s interesting enough to watch to see the skill level of some of them, and the insane Zumbo creations.

After seeing two movies in theater last weekend, nothing this weekend. Bad Boys for Life looked interesting and I am a fan of the series, but honestly I’m kind of over Will Smith films at this point. I’ve been watching him play himself in every movie since Independence Day and it’s just kind of old now.

Started a Netflix series this weekend. Harlan Coben's The Five. Pretty good, I've read several of his books and always enjoy them. Basically a little kid disappears after trying to tag along with his older brother and his friends. 20 years later his DNA shows up at a murder scene. The investigating detective is one of those friends. 4 or 5 episodes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    7716 is the toughest critic on this board. My dude doesn’t like hardly anything lol.
    Haha that was my first thought when I read what he posted. Like has he ever liked a movie haha

Had a very small, she probably couldn't give a shit less, interaction with Ashley Brooke (From MTV's The Challenge)

She is friends with my niece. I saw where my niece posted to her on FB about safe travels, so me being a fan, commented asking if she was headed off to film new Challenge season. (She's not, just a mini vacation) and my niece was surprised that I knew who she was. I said that I love watching the Challenge (I do) so of course I know. So my niece hits Ashley up and she responds to me. So of course I tried to keep it going. Lol.

I seriously fangirled a bit though....even if it is Ashley. Lol.