Page 422 of 880 FirstFirst ... 420421422423424 ... LastLast
Results 5,053 to 5,064 of 10552

Re: The Movies/TV thread

How can I watch appletv on just a normal laptop?

Nevermind. Been wanting to watch some stuff on here, got a free week trial so I'll give it a go

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmccharles; 07-14-2020 at 10:12 PM.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    How can I watch appletv on just a normal laptop?

Nevermind. Been wanting to watch some stuff on here, got a free week trial so I'll give it a go

Not sure on this but if you haven't seen Sweetheart I'd recommend it for you. I actually thought of you specifically while we watched it lol. It seemed to me to be the kind of movie you ask for, adventure/exploration/survival with a creature thrown in for good measure.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Just watched The Outpost on Amazon. Pretty good.

I thought they condensed the amount of the attack from hours to like 1 hour but kept the amount of attack the same.

Other than that, but overall. Pretty good.
    I saw a documentary on that attack. It was part dramatic re-enactment but not an actual drama. Those guys should be dead. Training and grit. They came within a hair of being overrun and completely wiped out.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    You might still look like a model, but maybe just a different kind buddy

Model T

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Not sure on this but if you haven't seen Sweetheart I'd recommend it for you. I actually thought of you specifically while we watched it lol. It seemed to me to be the kind of movie you ask for, adventure/exploration/survival with a creature thrown in for good measure.
    Gonna finish Defending Jacob then I'll give it a go

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I saw a documentary on that attack. It was part dramatic re-enactment but not an actual drama. Those guys should be dead. Training and grit. They came within a hair of being overrun and completely wiped out.
    I'd like to see that. Do you remember where you saw it?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'd like to see that. Do you remember where you saw it?
    I think it was an Amazon or Netflix special about the Medal of Honor.

The stories were amazing. It spans several wars and of course because the Medal of Honor is involved it's the type of stuff where you look at the guy it's about and are like holy shit.

One I remember in particular, which Bandc will dig, was about Edward Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    We watched a movie on Netflix tonight called Sweetheart. I had no expectations going in and I thought it was really pretty good. There is a bit of a hiccup 2/3 of the way through with the unnecessary introduction of additional characters in a plot thread that goes nowhere, but otherwise quite good.
    I just watched lila& eve on netflix. It was decent. Not the best movie but it was pretty good, story was good, acting was good and it had a really cool twist to it that I caught on to half way into the movie that makes it even better. Do not want to spoil it.

Finally got around to watching terminator Dark Fate.
    Here is my review.

The movie was not anywhere near as bad as I expected given how poorly it performed and how lousy the reviews were. Overall 80% of the movie is watchable, about up until the airplane scene and then its just lousy.

The acting is decent except for good old Arnie Schwartzaneger. He must have forgotten his acting in his old age because his dumb grins and smiles just were beyond dumb and did not fit the movie at all. They tried entirely too hard to throw in some funny quips with Linda Hamilton and Arnold.
    Who ever directed and wrote this movie must have forgotten that you know Robots do not grow facial hair, or age or develop an old age limp that Arnie has in a bunch of scenes. Its a good thing he is only in the movie for the last act because they royally screwed up his character this movie.

Linda Hamilton was decent. I think the entire new story was beyond dumb and the choice or shall I say "All Female" power role in the movie was just dumb and felt forced. There is even a line in the movie where the future female super soldier says something like (You're not the Mother of some Man who saves mankind) its YOU. If they wanted it to be Terminator/ Charlies Angels why didn't they just make the Bad Terminator Female like in Part 3???
    I think the whole 5' barely out of her teens girl being the next savior of Mankind was an incredible stretch and honestly no sense at all. Atleast the John Connor story has premise, he is this trained soldier not some warehouse factory worker who doesnt even know how to shoot a gun.

I would say its better than Terminator 3 & possibly better than Terminator Genysis but that is not saying much.

The Franchise deserved better for a so called Reboot so I would expect this to be the end of the line for Linda and Arnie but who knows maybe they will make another.

Blog Entries

I never saw Dark Fate. The last Terminator movie turned me off of future entries to the series, not even Emilia Clarke could make me watch that again.

Some more stuff we've watched lately, mostly stuff we've already seen:

Super Troopers 2 - nothing to say about this I haven't already said a couple years ago. It is honest to God one of my favorite comedy films of all time.
    Halloween 2 - the original Halloween 2, not the Zombie one. As with ST2, not a lot to say, nowhere near as strong as the original, but it was the last good Halloween movie until the 2018 one.
    Spaceballs - again, not much to say. It's great and still holds up today.

We also started watching NOS4A2 which I've seen 7716 mention before, haven't been overly impressed with it through two episodes. There seems to be a lot of focus on this girl and her crumbling family and the bridge and I just want to see more of Zach Quinto and the kid. My wife seems to like it so we will keep watching.

I also watched the entire series of Wolf Creek on Shudder, that was really enjoyable. I was a big fan of the 05/06 Wolf Creek movie and the series stars the same guy as Mick Taylor. It's quite gory at times so YMMV but I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Anyone subscribe to Shudder TV?

There was this really trippy trailer for a movie called "Blood Machines". Looked like a Robert Rodriquez/Frank Miller movie crossed with Star Wars. Had a very retro highly stylized vibe to it.

That movie is exclusive to Shudder TV.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Anyone subscribe to Shudder TV?

There was this really trippy trailer for a movie called "Blood Machines". Looked like a Robert Rodriquez/Frank Miller movie crossed with Star Wars. Had a very retro highly stylized vibe to it.

That movie is exclusive to Shudder TV.
    Yeah, I do. I haven't watched that though. You can get the free 7 day trial, watch that, and see if there's anything else you want to watch. It's only like $6 a month after that, too. Make sure you do it through Shudder though and not as an add-on to Amazon Prime, for some reason the Prime add-on doesn't include everything the Shudder website does.

I looked this up on it and it's actually a series? 3 episodes about 20 minutes each.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

Watched the movie Palm Springs tonight. Good little romantic comedy to watch with your significant other. Stars Andy Samberg who I love and the plot is sort of a Groundhog Day type of thing. I liked it, some laugh out loud parts for me.