Page 405 of 880 FirstFirst ... 403404405406407 ... LastLast
Results 4,849 to 4,860 of 10552

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Speaking of JLH, just popping in to say Can't Hardly Wait is a great movie

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Was that the one with Seth Green as one of the side characters?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Was that the one with Seth Green as one of the side characters?

Lol yes Kenny! Such a tool. Great cast

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Speaking of late 90's movies, I rented House on Haunted Hill last night. I was bored and playing around on guitar and ended up playing bits and pieces of the Manson cover of Sweet Dreams that was in this movie. Made me want to watch it.

I've seen it before, but not in many years. It's really bad and some parts thematically are excessively dated, mainly because of the horrible dialogue. I will say the special effects are pretty good especially for the time period, but that's about it. I forgot that it had Chris Kattan in it and now I want to watch Night at the Roxbury or Corky Romano.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Lol yes Kenny! Such a tool. Great cast

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Speaking of late 90's movies, I rented House on Haunted Hill last night. I was bored and playing around on guitar and ended up playing bits and pieces of the Manson cover of Sweet Dreams that was in this movie. Made me want to watch it.

I've seen it before, but not in many years. It's really bad and some parts thematically are excessively dated, mainly because of the horrible dialogue. I will say the special effects are pretty good especially for the time period, but that's about it. I forgot that it had Chris Kattan in it and now I want to watch Night at the Roxbury or Corky Romano.

Blog Entries

^ lmao. I have no idea if I'm going to find it as funny as I did when it first came out, but it's on HBO Max, so gonna free trial that and watch it later.

A lot of those 99-01/02 comedy films that I found hilarious as a teen definitely haven't held up, or my tastes have just changed which is understandable either way. Pretty much only much the Jason Biggs led American Pie movies hold up for me (and even those couldn't be made today lol).

I watched a couple episodes of Space Force last night. There are some funny bits here and there, but overall I'm not that impressed. The political jokes are too forced, and considering the current state of the country on several levels, a show which the main theme is American idiocy probably should have been held for later release.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Maybe I’m juvenile, but I still find the Adam Sandler and Iim Carrey movies of the time funny, plus of course Idiocraxy... that still holds up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    ^ lmao. I have no idea if I'm going to find it as funny as I did when it first came out, but it's on HBO Max, so gonna free trial that and watch it later.

A lot of those 99-01/02 comedy films that I found hilarious as a teen definitely haven't held up, or my tastes have just changed which is understandable either way. Pretty much only much the Jason Biggs led American Pie movies hold up for me (and even those couldn't be made today lol).

I watched a couple episodes of Space Force last night. There are some funny bits here and there, but overall I'm not that impressed. The political jokes are too forced, and considering the current state of the country on several levels, a show which the main theme is American idiocy probably should have been held for later release.
    I'll still watch an American Pie movie from time to time if they're on TV. Some of the others from that era didn't age so well

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Maybe I’m juvenile, but I still find the Adam Sandler and Iim Carrey movies of the time funny, plus of course Idiocraxy... that still holds up.

I was always a big fan of happy Gilmore, wedding singer, and big daddy

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Opposite for me. I used to love Adam Sandler movies and now I can't stand to see him in anything. I wore out Waterboy back in the day and now I don't even care to watch that.

I think I'm becoming one of the old guys that yell at clouds. Lol

I'll always love 50 first dates

Things started to go south for ADam Sandler around the time of Punch Drunk Love and Spanglish...
    I can watch anything before that over and over. Since then? Grown ups was funny, jack and Jill was ok, but most? Started to fall flat.