Page 304 of 312 FirstFirst ... 302303304305306 ... LastLast
Results 3,637 to 3,648 of 3735
  1. #3637
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,837

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Ahh I'd love to watch the old challenge seasons!!

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    It's a free app, which makes it awesome, but I'm starting to think it doesn't start with season 1. No way I've caught up to when I first started and it's already back to that point. Still cool though. Gonna give it more time to see if it plays all the seasons or not

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  2. #3638
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,837

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    2 episodes through man in the high castle final season. Really liking it so far. Polar opposite of insatiable season 2, which I just finished. Didn't hate it but very campy

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Forgot all about Insatiable second season. Thanks for the reminder. :)

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  3. #3639
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,837

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    They should pretty much just give Favreau the keys to the Star Wars-verse at this point.
    Agree!!

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  4. #3640
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    9,679
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Watched the new Hellboy tonight. I honestly didn't find it to be as terrible as I had heard. I certainly wouldn't call it good, but it was watchable.
    Twitter: @chemdawg410

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  5. Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Watched the new Hellboy tonight. I honestly didn't find it to be as terrible as I had heard. I certainly wouldn't call it good, but it was watchable.
    The New Hellboy my opinion was flat out awful. definitely the worst movie I have seen all year. I like David Harbour but it was bad, lousy script, bad CGI and just not good.

    Yes, every episode of the Mandolorian just continues to get better. My only problem is each episode is far too short. They need to be an hour





  6. Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    2 episodes through man in the high castle final season. Really liking it so far. Polar opposite of insatiable season 2, which I just finished. Didn't hate it but very campy

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Had no idea there was an insatiable season 2. I will definitely check that out, the first one was pretty funny





  7. #3643

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

    Yes, every episode of the Mandolorian just continues to get better. My only problem is each episode is far too short. They need to be an hour
    Ive seen it get a lot of praise for doing it that way. For most of our lives tv shows have had to fill time slots and schedules and there has been far too many filler episodes in seasons.

    I don't watch the show but I understand the concept.



    Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    Bad times don't last, but bad guys do. - Razor Ramon





  8. #3644
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    9,679
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Already had seen both of these, but we are actually watching the movies we bought on BF this year.

    Game Night - one of the better comedy films I've seen over the past few years, made me laugh out loud several times, which a lot of comedies this days don't do.

    John Wick 3 - it's my favorite John Wick movie, although the ending will never make sense to me. He's a great killer but he's still a human, so falling off the building how he does and not having him totally crippled if not dead requires a level of suspension of disbelief I'm just not capable of getting to. Having said that, I am ready for 4.
    Twitter: @chemdawg410

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  9. Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Already had seen both of these, but we are actually watching the movies we bought on BF this year.

    Game Night - one of the better comedy films I've seen over the past few years, made me laugh out loud several times, which a lot of comedies this days don't do.

    John Wick 3 - it's my favorite John Wick movie, although the ending will never make sense to me. He's a great killer but he's still a human, so falling off the building how he does and not having him totally crippled if not dead requires a level of suspension of disbelief I'm just not capable of getting to. Having said that, I am ready for 4.
    I wanted to venture out black friday to get some movies but this year I was just not feeling it. I feel like I am the only person I know who still owns and buys DVD movies. lol

    I ordered 2 video games online for my kid and stayed home all day.

    I have not yet seen John Wick 3 definitely going to watch that.

    I did waste $6 renting Good Boys to watch with the wife. That movie was just terrible, only a few funny parts overall not worth a Red box rental fee.


    SO far I have watched first 2 new episodes of Shameless and Ray Donnovan. Both pretty good so far.





  10. #3646
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,837

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Mandalorian question, as I'm not a huge Star Wars fan that knows all the lore and what not, but...

    In Episode 4, he said he hasn't been seen with his helmet off since he was a kid. He was asked when the last time he took it off, which he replied yesterday, then the lady asked and been seen?

    Also, Gina Carano's character asked him why he doesn't just take his gear off and live a normal life with previous lady and keep all his stuff around just in case?


    Now for my question...

    If no one has seen him with his helmet off, how does anyone know who he is? (I fully understand that that is the whole point of keeping it on) He could have easily taken that option and no one would know that it's him because no one has ever seen him with his helmet off. They wouldn't know...

    I guess eventually word would get out because of the others in that village or whatever, and that6the risk he can't take?

    Again, I get that it's the Mandolarian way and all, but if no one knows who's under the gear, then why not be able to live 2 lives while concealing their identities as Mandalorians at the same time? Seems rather plausible....


    Not a big deal and doesn't deter me from watching or enjoying it. Just popped in my head during the 4th episode as to why it can't be done...

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk





  11. #3647
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    311

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Mandalorian question, as I'm not a huge Star Wars fan that knows all the lore and what not, but...

    In Episode 4, he said he hasn't been seen with his helmet off since he was a kid. He was asked when the last time he took it off, which he replied yesterday, then the lady asked and been seen?

    Also, Gina Carano's character asked him why he doesn't just take his gear off and live a normal life with previous lady and keep all his stuff around just in case?


    Now for my question...

    If no one has seen him with his helmet off, how does anyone know who he is? (I fully understand that that is the whole point of keeping it on) He could have easily taken that option and no one would know that it's him because no one has ever seen him with his helmet off. They wouldn't know...

    I guess eventually word would get out because of the others in that village or whatever, and that6the risk he can't take?

    Again, I get that it's the Mandolarian way and all, but if no one knows who's under the gear, then why not be able to live 2 lives while concealing their identities as Mandalorians at the same time? Seems rather plausible....


    Not a big deal and doesn't deter me from watching or enjoying it. Just popped in my head during the 4th episode as to why it can't be done...

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Answers from a Star Wars geek ....

    Each Mandalorian warrior has their own unique armor (and signet, which we have not seen yet but the armorer mentioned in Chapter 2) and thatís how they know one another and strangers know him. His is now particularly unique now that he is head to toe in Beskar armor.

    People are now after both him and the original bounty (the baby). The later is the risk he canít take. He canít / wonít risk the baby getting hurt or captured.

    Also, he is obviously devout to his culture. Heís not going to compromise his values in that way. He wants to live like a Mandalorian.





  12. #3648
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    9,679
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I did waste $6 renting Good Boys to watch with the wife. That movie was just terrible, only a few funny parts overall not worth a Red box rental fee.

    SO far I have watched first 2 new episodes of Shameless and Ray Donnovan. Both pretty good so far.
    I thought Good Boys was hilarious but I have an immature sense of humor and basically love everything Seth Rogen is involved in. To each their own.

    Shameless is one of my favorite shows on TV but I haven't had Showtime in a couple years unfortunately. Everything about that show is top notch, it's a perfect blend of at times serious drama but great comedy too. Every storyline for Lip and Ian was always so good and they made it feel so real. Great actors. Carl's story throughout has been real good too. Never was a Fiona fan, they always tried to make her sympathetic figure but she was always just a bitch IMO lol. The last I watched of it was like halfway through last season, which I think is on Netflix now so maybe I'll finish that up.
    Twitter: @chemdawg410

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site