Page 301 of 880 FirstFirst ... 299300301302303 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,612 of 10552
    Blog Entries

Re: The Movies/TV thread

I liked the end to AHS1984. It wrapped up nicely, which some of the seasons have not done. The story was coherent for the most part. I am usually not a huge fan of random big time jumps especially when a season is about to come to a close, but I thought it worked. Not the best season, but not nearly the worst either.

I thought Joker was a great movie, my wife who works in mental health and sees people similar to the titular character daily was less enthused with it. I will see the sequel, but I wish they'd just let it be a single movie. Plenty of DC characters out there that you can do this kind of deep dive on.

I saw Elizabeth Banks complaining about Charlie's Angles bombing (did like 8M over opening weekend) because males won't go see female directed/led action movies, and saying that Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel only did well because they were superhero movies...I hate that I have to rip an actress I like but I think the bigger issue here is that absolutely nobody on the planet was asking for a Charlie's Angels reboot and the biggest star in the film (Kristin Stewart) hasn't been a major player in Hollywood since Twilight ended. The trailers were also generic as hell.

I heard they wanted Jennifer Lawrence in the lead role and she turned it down, maybe would have done a little bit better with her, but still, Charlie's Angels isn't relevant in 2019. A female led action film was more unique in 2000 when the Cameron Diaz version came out, and Diaz, Lucy Liu, and Drew Barrymore were also big stars at the time.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I liked the end to AHS1984. It wrapped up nicely, which some of the seasons have not done. The story was coherent for the most part. I am usually not a huge fan of random big time jumps especially when a season is about to come to a close, but I thought it worked. Not the best season, but not nearly the worst either.

I thought Joker was a great movie, my wife who works in mental health and sees people similar to the titular character daily was less enthused with it. I will see the sequel, but I wish they'd just let it be a single movie. Plenty of DC characters out there that you can do this kind of deep dive on.

I saw Elizabeth Banks complaining about Charlie's Angles bombing (did like 8M over opening weekend) because males won't go see female directed/led action movies, and saying that Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel only did well because they were superhero movies...I hate that I have to rip an actress I like but I think the bigger issue here is that absolutely nobody on the planet was asking for a Charlie's Angels reboot and the biggest star in the film (Kristin Stewart) hasn't been a major player in Hollywood since Twilight ended. The trailers were also generic as hell.

I heard they wanted Jennifer Lawrence in the lead role and she turned it down, maybe would have done a little bit better with her, but still, Charlie's Angels isn't relevant in 2019. A female led action film was more unique in 2000 when the Cameron Diaz version came out, and Diaz, Lucy Liu, and Drew Barrymore were also big stars at the time.
    I'm a woman and I have no desire to see Charlie's Angels. I also love Elizabeth Banks. I'm sick of all these remakes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Its kind of mind boggling that any Hollywood movie studio would give anyone funding to make yet another (Charlies Angels movie) but I digress. Charlies Angels was barely relevant in the 70's-80's. I think unfortunately some big wig in Hollywood thought it would be a smart idea to jump on to the #metoo Womens movement with a Womens action movie and it was just a bad idea from the start. I also think Kristen Stewart is an actress that Hollywood just continues to push out there and want her to be the new face of hollywood like a Jennifer Lawrence but I just do not see her as that good. She has another SCIFI Movie coming out soon. I do not think even Jennifer Lawrence would have saved that flop of a movie. Shows Jennifer Lawrence was smart to avoid it. Even the 2000 version with Cameron Diaz was terrible. I think the Scary Movie version making fun of it was better.

There has been a ton of really poor remake movies (Charlies Angels, Starsky Hutch, 21JUMP street, etc...)

My favorite Elizabeth Banks movie is 40 year old version. Outside of that I have never been crazy about her. I remember her recently complaining she was told she was too old to play Mary Jane in Spiderman. At the time Kiersten Dunst was a pretty hot upcoming actress there was no chance she was getting the role over her.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post

There has been a ton of really poor remake movies (Charlies Angels, Starsky Hutch, 21JUMP street, etc...)
    Let’s not lump everything togetherness. Starsky and hutch was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Let’s not lump everything togetherness. Starsky and hutch was very good.
    man I am sorry that movie flat out just awful. I would honestly say Charlies Angels 2000 was a better movie.

Ben Still and The Nose Owen Daniels was awful. They made that movie a comedy farce. Ben Stiller and his 5' 4" ass could never be mistaken for a tough guy cop. Sadly It was not even funny. I would rather watch 21 Jump Street again and I hated that movie but honestly Starsky and Hutch was probably the worst of the three I listed.

Ben Still should stick to Comedy and has not made a good movie Since Dodge Ball in my opinion.
    Owen Daniels I have never liked in any movie outside of Armageddon which was a bit part

man I am sorry that movie flat out just awful. I would honestly say Charlies Angels 2000 was a better movie.

Ben Still and The Nose Owen Daniels was awful. They made that movie a comedy farce. Ben Stiller and his 5' 4" ass could never be mistaken for a tough guy cop. Sadly It was not even funny. I would rather watch 21 Jump Street again and I hated that movie but honestly Starsky and Hutch was probably the worst of the three I listed.

Ben Still should stick to Comedy and has not made a good movie Since Dodge Ball in my opinion.
    Owen Daniels I have never liked in any movie outside of Armageddon which was a bit part
    Granted they made it a comedy and not a gritty cop show, but it was damn funny.
    They made 21 jump street a comedy too, it just wasn’t funny.
    Now you want to talk about awful movies made from tv shows you need to look at stuff like land of the lost.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Granted they made it a comedy and not a gritty cop show, but it was damn funny.
    They made 21 jump street a comedy too, it just wasn’t funny.
    Now you want to talk about awful movies made from tv shows you need to look at stuff like land of the lost.
    I have never seen the 70's land of the lost so I cannot compare but the Will Ferrel movie was down right awful too I agree.
    I love Will Ferrell and Danny Mcbride most of the time but it was lousy.

The only serious Ben Stiller acting role he has ever pulled off well was the 80's movie Hot Pursuit where he played a bad guy. That was actually a cool movie, loved that as a Kid.

I hated 21 jump street remake. Not a Channing Tatum fan or Jonah Hill either outside of (Superbad and Wolf of Wall Street).

Not old in my opinion. Bought it maybe 4 years ago.

Apparently there are Sony Android TVS which have google play store and then there are just SONY Smart TVS with pre loaded APPS that comes factory installed.

I had no idea there was a difference or I would have chosen a different model. Its been kind of a piece of junk, when I first bought it within 2-3 weeks the sound would intermittently work and not work. I almost returned it but the box was gone by that time.

It has worked fine lately but I dont know its not been as good as I expected.
    I just bought a Sony 850g 55" specifically because it runs Android. $750 for a 4k HDR TV to replace my 2008 37" 720p Sony is a hell of a deal, and The Mandalorian looks gorgeous on it. I unfortunately have not had a chance to properly calibrate it yet (I had to factory reset the thing too, since all streaming video was stuttering, but the reset solved it).

My setup is a TV and a home built tower running Kodi, NextPVR, and Steam. Kodi can now run natively on my TV (because it runs Android TV), and I only need to have the PC on if I want to watch broadcast TV (antenna is connected to the TV tuner card so I have DVR capability) or play games. I don't even need to switch to the TV HDMI port - it just needs to have power running through it. I also went from using an old cell phone that happened to have an IR blaster on it as a TV remote/PC trackpad with mouse and keyboard as needed to a single dedicated TV remote since Kodi is running on the TV instead of just being an active application from the tower. It made interacting with the DVR features much easier.

As for proprietary smart TV platforms - you have some alternatives. Roku, AppleTV, Nvidia Shield, Chromecast, or something small running Android natively will all give you access to more recent apps. Nvidia Shield (if you're already entrenched in the Google sandbox) is not a bad choice - it runs Android TV (same as certain Sony TVs), so any service that provides a separate app and doesn't rely on your cable provider for a login ID will definitely work (Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, CBS All Access, HBO Now, Hulu, etc.) HBO Go might not - you'll have to do some research (HBO Go and HBO Now are not the same thing). Any media streaming app that exists in the Android environment exists for Android TV (at least any that I can think of). The ESPN app sucks though. It's the only app I have that can't provide smooth video playback. 30+ frames per second from everything, even with 4k content, but ESPN - 8fps at best...

Blog Entries

Mandalorian episode 3 - Star Wars crossed with John Wick. More, please!

Mandalorian episode 3 - Star Wars crossed with John Wick. More, please!
    Oh shit, Ep 3 is out! Know what im doin when i get home from HH, lol.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Oh shit, Ep 3 is out! Know what im doin when i get home from HH, lol.
    It's so good. I'm still puzzled how the latest movies can be so meh but this is so good. Give Jon Favreau his own trilogy of movies.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Not old in my opinion. Bought it maybe 4 years ago.

Apparently there are Sony Android TVS which have google play store and then there are just SONY Smart TVS with pre loaded APPS that comes factory installed.

I had no idea there was a difference or I would have chosen a different model. Its been kind of a piece of junk, when I first bought it within 2-3 weeks the sound would intermittently work and not work. I almost returned it but the box was gone by that time.

It has worked fine lately but I dont know its not been as good as I expected.
    Yeah. I noticed that when I was looking at getting a bedroom TV. Ended up picking up a hisense h9f, which is 4k hdr 120hz panel, runs Android tv, and was only 600 for the 55". So far so good.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk