Page 335 of 880 FirstFirst ... 333334335336337 ... LastLast
Results 4,009 to 4,020 of 10552
    Blog Entries

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Help me out, FilmRSR, should I go see this tomorrow night or not?

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

Is that Alice Krieg? If you want to see a scary move with Alice Krieg in it rent Ghost Story. Old flick. Good flick from 1981. Got Fred Astaire in it believe it or not. I think James Mason and a few other famous old actors as well. That was a last call type of move for lot of em.

I watched the trailer for this and was not sure what to make of it. That will be a streaming option for me down the line unless it gets phenomenal reviews.

I would want to say yes, soley because of the director and female cast lead from IT but I doubt it will be a good movie.

I am a huge fan of Grimm Fairy tale stories. Grimm is one of my all time favorite shows. They have yet to make a good Hansel and Gretel movie.
    The one with Jeremy Renner was beyond horrible. Words cant describe how lousy and stupid it was. Yeah, lets make a movie about Hansel and Gretel with a 40 year old Renner and futuristic weapons. Who writes, reads, approves, gets funding for a piece of shit movie like that???

This movie atleast has the right look but the title, just swapping the names just has a lazy feel to it in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Is that Alice Krieg? If you want to see a scary move with Alice Krieg in it rent Ghost Story. Old flick. Good flick from 1981. Got Fred Astaire in it believe it or not. I think James Mason and a few other famous old actors as well. That was a last call type of move for lot of em.

I watched the trailer for this and was not sure what to make of it. That will be a streaming option for me down the line unless it gets phenomenal reviews.
    I will check that out. Haven't seen it. As far as this trailer, I think it looks unique and could be interesting if not too scary...it is PG13 though...and PG13 horror movies typically do not do anything for me. I was super hyped for Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, also PG13, and that just ended up being a total dud.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I would want to say yes, soley because of the director and female cast lead from IT but I doubt it will be a good movie.

I am a huge fan of Grimm Fairy tale stories. Grimm is one of my all time favorite shows. They have yet to make a good Hansel and Gretel movie.
    The one with Jeremy Renner was beyond horrible. Words cant describe how lousy and stupid it was. Yeah, lets make a movie about Hansel and Gretel with a 40 year old Renner and futuristic weapons. Who writes, reads, approves, gets funding for a piece of shit movie like that???

This movie atleast has the right look but the title, just swapping the names just has a lazy feel to it in my opinion.
    Yeah, the Renner Hansel and Gretel movie was terrible. Couldn't pay me to ever watch that again. It's not often I question why a movie was greenlit but that one had me asking who thought it was a good idea lol.

I like the folksy look to it, reminds me of The VVitch which was one of my favorite horror films of the last decade. My wife wants to see it so we'll probably go...hopefully I can catch a review or two before we decide tomorrow.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I will check that out. Haven't seen it. As far as this trailer, I think it looks unique and could be interesting if not too scary...it is PG13 though...and PG13 horror movies typically do not do anything for me. I was super hyped for Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, also PG13, and that just ended up being a total dud.

Yeah, the Renner Hansel and Gretel movie was terrible. Couldn't pay me to ever watch that again. It's not often I question why a movie was greenlit but that one had me asking who thought it was a good idea lol.

I like the folksy look to it, reminds me of The VVitch which was one of my favorite horror films of the last decade. My wife wants to see it so we'll probably go...hopefully I can catch a review or two before we decide tomorrow.

The sorry jackass who wrote the 2013 Hansel and Gretel was Tommy Wirkola who's claim to fame is (Dead Snow and Dead Snow 2) which I have never even heard of. Some guy from Norway?

How does some Norweigan unknown come to Hollywood and get millions of dollars to make a Shit movie like that??? Please somebody tell me because I know I could write and make a better movie than that horrible shit.

I think with atleast the new one it will have a decent story. It will most likely be an under acheiver especially being released in January but it looks worth a watch

I need to watch The Witch you keep talking about. I should hopefully have some free time friday evening I might have to check it out

The sorry jackass who wrote the 2013 Hansel and Gretel was Tommy Wirkola who's claim to fame is (Dead Snow and Dead Snow 2) which I have never even heard of. Some guy from Norway?

How does some Norweigan unknown come to Hollywood and get millions of dollars to make a Shit movie like that??? Please somebody tell me because I know I could write and make a better movie than that horrible shit.

I think with atleast the new one it will have a decent story. It will most likely be an under acheiver especially being released in January but it looks worth a watch

I need to watch The Witch you keep talking about. I should hopefully have some free time friday evening I might have to check it out
    The Witch was creepy. Good flick.

Jesus Christ. I'm just realizing 1981, when Alice Krige was in Ghost Story, was almost 40 years ago. GD that's a lot of water under the bridge. Alice Krige was pretty hot then and she must be in her mid 60's now. The inevitable march of time is relentless. I think Ghost Story is based on a Dean Koontz book. Steven King lite.

I don't think I watched Ghost Story until the mid 80s though on VCR. We were the last family to get a VCR and microwave etc.. which is funny because we were not poor but my Dad was just lame that way. I think he splurged on a Pong console when everyone else was graduating to Atari as well, lol.

Anyway it was a good movie. The subject matter was kind of adult and interesting and it was a good scary story.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-29-2020 at 01:09 PM.

Jesus Christ. I'm just realizing 1981, when Alice Krige was in Ghost Story, was almost 40 years ago. GD that's a lot of water under the bridge. Alice Krige was pretty hot then and she must be in her mid 60's now. The inevitable march of time is relentless. I think Ghost Story is based on a Dean Koontz book. Steven King lite.

I don't think I watched Ghost Story until the mid 80s though on VCR. We were the last family to get a VCR and microwave etc.. which is funny because we were not poor but my Dad was just lame that way. I think he splurged on a Pong console when everyone else was graduating to Atari as well, lol.

Anyway it was a good movie. The subject matter was kind of adult and interesting and it was a good scary story.
    Never heard of Ghost Story 1981 before. Definitely an old movie.

Not sure where you could watch that today. Might have to track down an old VHS tape to view that one

Blog Entries

I could be wrong, but knowing your tastes, I really don't think you'll like The Witch to be honest.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

I watched the trailer and it's pretty accurate to the film, doesn't give off the impression that it's something it isn't. It's definitely one of those artsy kind of horror films, a slow burn, not a lot of violence, great atmosphere. Not really scary, but a creepy vibe to it throughout. I hated it the first time I watched it, but I gave it a second viewing once it hit streaming and I loved it.

back on twitter

Never heard of Ghost Story 1981 before. Definitely an old movie.

Not sure where you could watch that today. Might have to track down an old VHS tape to view that one
    I'm sure it's on Amazon. Might even be on Netflix.

I'm sure it's on Amazon. Might even be on Netflix.
    This is a website I use that tells you where you can watch titles.

https://www.justwatch.com/us

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart