Page 291 of 879 FirstFirst ... 289290291292293 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,492 of 10547

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, I’ve been watching Hip Hop evolution on Netflix. Really good series. Really enjoyed learning about some of the origins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ill prolly watch it soon. There is a show on Netflix called Unsolved: murderof Tupac and Big. Definitely worth the watch.

Glad you finally made it here

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

In case anyone has been living under a rock, The Rise of Skywalker tickets went on sale about an hour ago. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    In case anyone has been living under a rock, The Rise of Skywalker tickets went on sale about an hour ago. Good luck.
    I don't even know what that is, I'm guessing Lucas Skywalker

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

American Horror Story has officially lost me. Apparently everyone on the show are ghosts???

Super excited for the new Star Wars but the way they screwed up the Skywalker Saga with the last two movies I do not have faith this one will correct the last two movies.

Most Star Wars fans always wanted a follow up to Lukes story and so far this has not been what fans wanted. Now that they have killed off Han Solo, Leiah is dead in real life and killed off Luke in the lamest way possible I just have little faith this movie will be good.

Blog Entries

I'll be there to see Rise of Skywalker on opening night, but I dunno what to expect. Abrams is going to have to work some real magic to come to a satisfying end without retconning everything that happened in TLJ. Still a mystery to me why Disney decided to go with different directors to begin with and not just let JJ Abrams direct all three. It was always going to be weird because of that.

I have finally caught up on the currently running shows I'm watching:

AHS: still have no idea what is going on. I'm guessing it's one of those if you die here you stay here things but that doesn't explain why none of the other counselors have shown up, or how/why the Night Stalker guy and Mr Jingles were able to leave. Later seasons have leaned too heavily into WTF stuff and this seems no exception.

This Is Us: continues to be one of the best shows on TV. Don't really have much else to say because I don't think anyone else here watches it. But it's a great show and I will continue to recommend it. A lot of high quality actors and actresses in this that do a phenomenal job.

Mayans: I saw where Kurt Sutter was fired so not sure what the future holds for it, but it's been a solid season. The pieces are starting to fall into place for an interesting run to the end. Hopefully it gets another season because there are too many plot threads to tie up in what is left of this one.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'll be there to see Rise of Skywalker on opening night, but I dunno what to expect. Abrams is going to have to work some real magic to come to a satisfying end without retconning everything that happened in TLJ. Still a mystery to me why Disney decided to go with different directors to begin with and not just let JJ Abrams direct all three. It was always going to be weird because of that.

I have finally caught up on the currently running shows I'm watching:

AHS: still have no idea what is going on. I'm guessing it's one of those if you die here you stay here things but that doesn't explain why none of the other counselors have shown up, or how/why the Night Stalker guy and Mr Jingles were able to leave. Later seasons have leaned too heavily into WTF stuff and this seems no exception.

This Is Us: continues to be one of the best shows on TV. Don't really have much else to say because I don't think anyone else here watches it. But it's a great show and I will continue to recommend it. A lot of high quality actors and actresses in this that do a phenomenal job.

Mayans: I saw where Kurt Sutter was fired so not sure what the future holds for it, but it's been a solid season. The pieces are starting to fall into place for an interesting run to the end. Hopefully it gets another season because there are too many plot threads to tie up in what is left of this one.

On the Mayans topic. I stopped watching last season just does not interest me. Its like a lame reboot of SOA. How does the show creator get fired? lol, that sounds like the show will be torpedoed fast. It was his vision now he is gone? Sounds like another Hollywood moron who doesnt listen to its fan base.

On Star Wars. Yeah I was massively pissed with the Last Jedi, so much that I have only watched the movie once. It is the only star wars movie I I have never re watched except Solo. We waited 30 years to get more Luke Skywalker only to be handed that pile of dog shit that movie was just unacceptable. If Disney cared about their fans they would wipe that movie from existence and remake it like it never happened with a proper story line.

Blog Entries

Never really read the full story on why he got fired. He put out a statement afterward saying he was fired because he was a dick, but who knows what exactly he did. It's still one of FX's most watched shows so I don't know if they'll cancel it. Someone else was supposed to take over as lead showrunner next year anyway.

I've only watched TLJ once also. I do agree that after the reception was what it was, they should have made it non-canon and let Abrams do movie 2 and 3. The trilogy is essentially going to be unwatchable in the future because of all the retconning he's going to do in the new one. Rey's parents are nobody - oh wait, actually they are. Kylo destroyed his helmet - oh wait, he put it back together. Luke is gone - oh wait, no he's not. Etc. The Force Awakens was good and I'm sure this one will be at the very least better than TLJ (nothing JJ Abrams has made has been bad imo), but as a 9 movie story it's just not going to work because of how badly the botched TLJ.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Don't laugh but I finally got around to episode 1 of Chernobyl. Can tell I'm really gonna like it. Also started Room 104. Did not expect the twist of the first episode but I enjoyed it

Maybe shawshank is next!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Don't laugh but I finally got around to episode 1 of Chernobyl. Can tell I'm really gonna like it. Also started Room 104. Did not expect the twist of the first episode but I enjoyed it

Maybe shawshank is next!

Chernobyl is absolutely terrifying when you sit back and think that this shit actually happened and how they knew nothing at the time on how to fix it.

Can't even remember Room 104 first episode. Definitely a weird show.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Chernobyl is absolutely terrifying when you sit back and think that this shit actually happened and how they knew nothing at the time on how to fix it.

Can't even remember Room 104 first episode. Definitely a weird show.

It was the one with the babysitter?

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    It was the one with the babysitter?

Ah yea. Some are pretty straight forward and others.... Nope. Good thing is you can just look for ones that sound interesting.

Blog Entries

Chernobyl is a tremendous show. The 4th episode is literally the most depressing hour of television I've ever watched. It also has the most anxiety inducing and terrifying scene of the show. Like Charles said keep in mind while you watch that everything in the show actually happened in real life...not going to spoil anything but you will see what I mean. One of the best shows ever. I want to watch it again, but at the same time I don't.
    back on twitter