Page 181 of 185 FirstFirst ... 179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,172 of 2219
    Blog Entries

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Nevermind on that Nebula comment. I see now. Totally missed him the first time.
    Twitter: @3nd0worm

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

Interesting discussion, what movies actually creep you guys out?

I have two, and they both are movies that prey on real word possibilities (in a sense).

1) Blair Witch. I know I know. Shitty camera. Cheaply made. Etc. Growing up in Arkansas and always exploring the woods, alone at night, and then the part where they hear their friend screaming and being tortured is just insane.

2) Nocturnal Animals. Jake Gyllenhaal. Another real world, could happen to any of us style of movie. I don't want to say to much about it. Don't watch it with your wife and daughter though

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    Bad times don't last, but bad guys do. - Razor Ramon

Blog Entries

So one more comment on Endgame for GWNR, remember in the Infinity War trailer they had several clips that weren't in the actual film i.e. Hulk in Wakanda. I'm slightly suspicious that they would "spoil" Tony and Nebula getting back to earth in a trailer............

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I have two, and they both are movies that prey on real word possibilities (in a sense).

1) Blair Witch. I know I know. Shitty camera. Cheaply made. Etc. Growing up in Arkansas and always exploring the woods, alone at night, and then the part where they hear their friend screaming and being tortured is just insane.

2) Nocturnal Animals. Jake Gyllenhaal. Another real world, could happen to any of us style of movie. I don't want to say to much about it. Don't watch it with your wife and daughter though
    Blair Witch is a good one. That one spooked when I was younger the first time I saw it. That last scene of the guy staring at the corner and then the camera dropping was delightfully creepy. I haven't seen the other but will look into it.

A more recent one for me would be It Follows which came out a couple years ago. Something about the premise of the movie - it's not really based in reality but the idea of an unstoppable thing that just walked after you and only you and would kill you if it touched you, was creepy. And there is a scene about halfway through which is fucking nightmare inducing, I don't want to spoil if you haven't seen but if you have then you probably know what I'm talking about.

This one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnrT_zyumAM - might not be as creepy in short form but it's so unexpected as to that point it's been an old lady following them.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 03-15-2019 at 08:39 AM.

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the manís preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Personal preference. I'm a die hard so I eat it up and try to theorize how things are going to happen. There's rarely any actual spoilers in the trailers.
    This.

Especially in a series like Marvel where everythings connected. Creates way more questions.
    ďItís not whether you get knocked down; itís whether you get up.Ē
    Ė Vince Lombardi

http://russellstreetreport.com/author/cole_jackson/

Twitter: @ColeJacksonRSR

My take on trailers.... I won't watch a trailer to something I know I plan on watching. Trailers of something I'm not familiar with, I turn it off as soon as I'm sold on it.

Tripple Frontier on Netflix was a decent action flick. It wasn't The Town or anything. But worth the watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Bad times don't last, but bad guys do. - Razor Ramon

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    My take on trailers.... I won't watch a trailer to something I know I plan on watching. Trailers of something I'm not familiar with, I turn it off as soon as I'm sold on it.

Tripple Frontier on Netflix was a decent action flick. It wasn't The Town or anything. But worth the watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    I was just going to post about Triple Frontier. Talk about a movie not living up to its trailer.

I would have to disagree. The movie was highly disappointing. Talk about a waste of a bunch of decent actor (Affleck, Issacs and Charlie Hunam). Had a pretty good concept although one could say it was ripped from any number of Robbing drug cartel movies over the years.

The supposed (Ex military group displayed pretty much no ex military training throughout the movie).

Watched Fighting With My Family. The Rock's movie about WWE superstar Paige. It was honestly boring for me, but I think that's because I already knew the story of her and how she became a WWE star. lol It honestly added nothing that I didn't already know, and once again it was Hollywooded up with things that didn't exactly happen the way they did in the movie. For a movie that's getting rave reviews (at least all the ones I've seen) I have do disagree with them. I didn't feel that there was much of anything to it really.

Blog Entries

We finished Umbrella Academy and, as generally good as the show was for 9 episodes, I thought the ending was terrible. I have no idea of what the comic material is like, but I absolutely hate TV shows and movies that use the VAGUE SPOILER AHEAD "lol everything you just watched doesn't matter" trope. And maybe that's a bit unfair because clearly some lessons learned will be applied to where the story goes in the next season. But ultimately that way of storytelling especially on a TV show is very unfulfilling to me.

It's actually a concern I have for Endgame too.

Blog Entries

i thought they did a good job with captain marvel. definitely a woman empowerment angle, but i was a fan. looking forward to seeing her impact on End Game. definitely leaves little doubt as to her strength/power, and where she ranks among the ones we know.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Watched Fighting With My Family. The Rock's movie about WWE superstar Paige. It was honestly boring for me, but I think that's because I already knew the story of her and how she became a WWE star. lol It honestly added nothing that I didn't already know, and once again it was Hollywooded up with things that didn't exactly happen the way they did in the movie. For a movie that's getting rave reviews (at least all the ones I've seen) I have do disagree with them. I didn't feel that there was much of anything to it really.
    Saw the trailer and it looked pretty boring. I did have the pleasure of viewing her real life amateur film and she did not disappoint. You should definitely look that one up its free all over the place.

Blog Entries

I've mentioned how good Walking Dead is this year and last night was great as well. Darkest episode in the series history and a damn good one. As I did last week, I highly, highly recommend anyone who has lapsed on the series to give it another try. My suggestion is don't even watch/finish watching the past season or two if you stopped during them, just read the cliffs and start with the first episode of this season. I really think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I've mentioned how good Walking Dead is this year and last night was great as well. Darkest episode in the series history and a damn good one. As I did last week, I highly, highly recommend anyone who has lapsed on the series to give it another try. My suggestion is don't even watch/finish watching the past season or two if you stopped during them, just read the cliffs and start with the first episode of this season. I really think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
    I saw some hype last week for people with AMC paid service where you get to see it week early and I did not get that at all from watching it. I am a Die Hard walking dead fan. Never missed one episode. Last nights episode I do not get how people are saying its darkest in series history? Why because they killed off kids? They have done that in series past. Last nights episode gave the Girl with killer kids absolutely no context. You did not get to see any past history. It was just (Bam here they are) and barely any story as to what happened? Why? What was the purpose of branding them with X Marks? Why would they leave them pissed off and burned after robbing them? Just absolutely stupid story to mix in (just 1 episode)

I think the Darkest episdoe was season 5 when Rick bit the throat out of the guys who were getting ready to rape and murder his son. That followed by when Carol kills Lizzie the little serial killer girl also season 5 I think.

This season has been terrible. The time jump, how they have killed off all the like able characters it has gone to absolute shit and in like a New York minute.
    The writers Gimple and This new woman have not done anything to re invigorate new viewership and right now they have a really interesting story with the Whisperers going on and its just terrible. The two lead villians Alpha and Beta are like (Forrest Gump and Bubba). Both talk like they have some sort of learning disability but they have somehow brainwashed survivors into living like nomads and wearing human skin? Aside of Betas pure size and evil look neither actor is pulling off anything like the Governor, Garret or Negan did .

They have wasted so much trying to force Henry to replace Carl. His character is just dull. Daryl is a great but he has not been given enough screen time to be the new lead. They seem to want to be promoting the women angle ( I guess from a female writers point of view) so the screen time has been so spread thin they just wont focus on who the new lead character is.

They had so many great actors and characters( Rick, Morgan, Carl, Maggie, Jesus, Dwight, Glenn) and they just have torpedoed the shit out of it.

There is literally no character on the show who fans can feel invested in. Darly. The best character left is Negans and they are screwing his arc up so bad. I think they want him to be the new good guy in place of Rick but so far just not done anything with it.