Page 332 of 880 FirstFirst ... 330331332333334 ... LastLast
Results 3,973 to 3,984 of 10551

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post

You should try Europa Report. That was a pretty good movie.
    I liked it

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Watched Gemini Man. It was bad. Really bad. It started off very interesting and had a chance but then went full blown Mission Impossible 2 fighting with motorcycles and weird cgi fight scenes that reminded me of the Matrix Reloaded against all the Agent Smiths. I wasnt expecting much, but damn. I suffered so you dont have to. What good movies has Will Smith done lately?

Bright 2017 on Netflix- That was terrible. Cant believe they are making a second one.
    Collateral Beauty 2016- Want to watch it just haven't for personal reasons
    Suicide Squad 2016- didnt watch
    Concussion 2015- meh
    Focus- kind of liked it
    hancock 2008- didnt care for it
    I am Legend 2007- i liked it

I skipped some. Enemy of the State was awesome, ahead of its time.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

I've sworn off Will Smith movies. I don't dislike Will Smith, but he's played the exact same character, which is himself, in pretty much every film he's ever been in.

Suicide Squad was okay for me, kind of a guilty pleasure, not sure I'd call it good.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I watched Ford V Ferrari last night. I thought it was good. Makes me hate Ford even more though. Lol. I've always been a Chevy/Jeep guy. It's a slower movie for a racing movie, but it wasn't really about the race itself more so the story involved. Even at 2.5 hrs long, I'd probably watch it again sometime.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I've sworn off Will Smith movies. I don't dislike Will Smith, but he's played the exact same character, which is himself, in pretty much every film he's ever been in.

Suicide Squad was okay for me, kind of a guilty pleasure, not sure I'd call it good.
    I agree with both of those. I'm sure WILL Smith is a cool guy and all, but I'm done watching him in movies.

I had high hopes for Suicide Squad. It wasn't as horrible for me as it's made out to be, because I wanted it to be good, but it's a pretty bad movie overall. They definitely screwed the pooch on it. It could have been sooo much better than what they gave us, but for some reason, I can still watch it. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Watched Gemini Man. It was bad. Really bad. It started off very interesting and had a chance but then went full blown Mission Impossible 2 fighting with motorcycles and weird cgi fight scenes that reminded me of the Matrix Reloaded against all the Agent Smiths. I wasnt expecting much, but damn. I suffered so you dont have to. What good movies has Will Smith done lately?

Bright 2017 on Netflix- That was terrible. Cant believe they are making a second one.
    Collateral Beauty 2016- Want to watch it just haven't for personal reasons
    Suicide Squad 2016- didnt watch
    Concussion 2015- meh
    Focus- kind of liked it
    hancock 2008- didnt care for it
    I am Legend 2007- i liked it

I skipped some. Enemy of the State was awesome, ahead of its time.

Funny, this topic is often discussed on this board about the same actor. I agree, he has not made a good movie in a long time. His best movies are probably Enemy of the State, Independence Day and Bad Boys 1. Outside of that I never really liked many of his movies. Even his Suicide Sqaud role was bad.

Yes Enemy of the State was awesome and way ahead of its time.

I think it would be hilarious to see someone film a documentary on the topic of Will Smith (Same character in every movie) topic. I also feel Adam Sandler is that way. Every role is basically the same.

Watching Picard right now. It’s not bad. It’s not Star Trek, but it isn’t bad for what it is. I’m enjoying it.
    Where are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I think it would be hilarious to see someone film a documentary on the topic of Will Smith (Same character in every movie) topic. I also feel Adam Sandler is that way. Every role is basically the same.
    I think you guys are being a little too hard on Will Smith. I’m pretty sure Ali, bagger Vance and that dude in concussion aren’t the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think you guys are being a little too hard on Will Smith. I’m pretty sure Ali, bagger Vance and that dude in concussion aren’t the same character.
    I dont think so at all. I have heard this topic before outside of this board.

He kind of has that reputation. Its not surprising alot of his movies flop, whats surprising is how slow Hollywood is to catch on to it as they continue to cast him in stuff.

I don't think he has very much range and he is not a good character actor like a Johnny Depp or Benicio Del Toro. He comes off the same way in alot of his movies

Funny, this topic is often discussed on this board about the same actor. I agree, he has not made a good movie in a long time. His best movies are probably Enemy of the State, Independence Day and Bad Boys 1. Outside of that I never really liked many of his movies. Even his Suicide Sqaud role was bad.

Yes Enemy of the State was awesome and way ahead of its time.
    Enemy of the State was awesome. And a lot of Wills parts seem similar. I do think he was good in a few movies.
    Pursuit of Happiness—Fantastic
    I am Legend —-Damn Good
    Bagger Vance—-Excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think so at all. I have heard this topic before outside of this board.

He kind of has that reputation. Its not surprising alot of his movies flop, whats surprising is how slow Hollywood is to catch on to it as they continue to cast him in stuff.

I don't think he has very much range and he is not a good character actor like a Johnny Depp or Benicio Del Toro. He comes off the same way in alot of his movies
    Right so I just provided three roles that we’re different.
    We should all be so lucky to have our movies flop so much that they brought it 7 billion dollars. And that our acting is soooo limited to get nominated for 2 oscars.
    You don’t have to like Smith, But let’s try and be a little realistic about his ability.