Page 779 of 879 FirstFirst ... 777778779780781 ... LastLast
Results 9,337 to 9,348 of 10538

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Well there is a lot of time between the end of this movie and predator 2 time. Another predator could have come and gotten that pistol
    Very true, I just do not like the director making statements how this movie is a Stand alone pretty much, then they use the pistol which is direct refernce to the comics which they changed how it was obtained. The owner of the pistol in the comics was killed on a ship. He is now dead on land in an earlier year.

This then screws up both Predator 2 and the comics.

If this was meant to be not tied in, they then should not have included it.

The movie if this is truly their 1st visit would have been better off making the predator the hero and keeping the pistol like USMCcharles said. That would have been a truly creative way to re invent this franchise.

What is absolutely so stupid about the premise of Prey is what genre is mostly attracted to be watching this movie???
    Heterosexual males probably 18-50 right? Male sci fi/ comic book nerds mostly.

Forcing the theme of this tiny female as the hero just made it lose so much credibility from the jump. I did think she did a good job although she sounded and did not at all look like a 1700s era commanche woman.

The movie was decent, but the premise is straight garbage in my opinion. Does anyone really believe 1700s Commanche indians were cracking sexist jokes like (Why is a woman coming on the hunt, we wont be gone long enough to need a cook)??? This director just screamed I deserve to be noticed because I am making a movie about a woman hero. The movie felt it focused more on sexism, than it did recognizing it was pretty much an all native american cast which honestly deserved way more praise in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Well there is a lot of time between the end of this movie and predator 2 time. Another predator could have come and gotten that pistol
    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Very true, I just do not like the director making statements how this movie is a Stand alone pretty much, then they use the pistol which is direct refernce to the comics which they changed how it was obtained. The owner of the pistol in the comics was killed on a ship. He is now dead on land in an earlier year.

This then screws up both Predator 2 and the comics.

If this was meant to be not tied in, they then should not have included it.

The movie if this is truly their 1st visit would have been better off making the predator the hero and keeping the pistol like USMCcharles said. That would have been a truly creative way to re invent this franchise.

What is absolutely so stupid about the premise of Prey is what genre is mostly attracted to be watching this movie???
    Heterosexual males probably 18-50 right? Male sci fi/ comic book nerds mostly.

Forcing the theme of this tiny female as the hero just made it lose so much credibility from the jump. I did think she did a good job although she sounded and did not at all look like a 1700s era commanche woman.

The movie was decent, but the premise is straight garbage in my opinion. Does anyone really believe 1700s Commanche indians were cracking sexist jokes like (Why is a woman coming on the hunt, we wont be gone long enough to need a cook)??? This director just screamed I deserve to be noticed because I am making a movie about a woman hero. The movie felt it focused more on sexism, than it did recognizing it was pretty much an all native american cast which honestly deserved way more praise in my opinion.
    I dont know anything about the comics or the world outside of the movies, but when i learned about the pirate story line i thought that was amazing. But they fucked it up from what ive read that in the comics a Predator gets the gun directly from a pirate Captain Raphael Adolini in 1718 and Prey takes place in 1719. So in that year a frenchman trapper some how ends up with Adolini's pistol if its going to stick to the comic book lines which doesnt look like it is. Seems like a very small detail they could have changed to make it work.

I still think at they end the chic and the predator live and just swap weapons as a sign of respect, makes P2 ending work and leaves an opening where someone finds the spear the predator would have given the chic which when they use it gives off some signal to their ship and then they come back and get it or some bs

Either way, i still liked it a lot more than i thought i would
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

3. Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Why do they want movies that are the same as the comic? It's boring. the film is also not aimed at the public that consumes comics.

Prey gives continuity to the film saga in a coherent way, it only remains to know how the hell a predator is going to take possession of the weapon so that it coordinates with part 2.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    Why do they want movies that are the same as the comic? It's boring. the film is also not aimed at the public that consumes comics.

Prey gives continuity to the film saga in a coherent way, it only remains to know how the hell a predator is going to take possession of the weapon so that it coordinates with part 2.

If you are saying (Continuity in film saga) well that is exactly my point that Prey does the opposite of that. That is my point how they messed up the comics, and Predator 2 story line with the pistol.

What the director of prey just did was more or less change all that, when he stated it was supposed to be a stand alone film.

The movie was decent I will give it that. It had some of the best predator scenes period, but its still irritating for fans of the predator character that they seemed to intentionally mess up the pistol storyline.

If the director wanted to be so true to native american history well he should have done so. He didnt, he went full "WOKE" women are just as powerful as men movement and for me that aspect kind of sucked.

I like the actress, she was very good. It just made zero sense.

If you are saying (Continuity in film saga) well that is exactly my point that Prey does the opposite of that. That is my point how they messed up the comics, and Predator 2 story line with the pistol.

What the director of prey just did was more or less change all that, when he stated it was supposed to be a stand alone film.

The movie was decent I will give it that. It had some of the best predator scenes period, but its still irritating for fans of the predator character that they seemed to intentionally mess up the pistol storyline.

If the director wanted to be so true to native american history well he should have done so. He didnt, he went full "WOKE" women are just as powerful as men movement and for me that aspect kind of sucked.

I like the actress, she was very good. It just made zero sense.
    It may mess up the comic but it really doesn’t mess up the contiuity of the movies

6. Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

In my opinion, predator movies are all disconnected, they are all loose situations, which boil down to the same thing, a prey, a hunter, a hero.
    I see this as "continuity" because if I'm not mistaken it's the first time that it connects 2 movies and gives the hook for a third one (the weapon).
    When I watch predator, I don't expect an oscar-worthy script or an accurate representation of the comic/book it was based on. with a reasonable dose of action, a little coherence is enough for me and this one met my expectations, especially when compared to some of the previous ones.
    Regarding which generation the hero/heroine belongs to, I don't care, it's not something that matters to me.
    I was more concerned that nothing would happen to the puppy.

Latest episode of Better Call Saul was a little disappointing to me but with one to go, im excited to see how it ends. Westworld, again, i have no clue wtf is going on. Not really sure what to watch now, i lost all interest in The Boyz, no interest in Stranger Things. Maybe time to re-watch the Sopranos. Ill prolly look for some new movie trailers to post
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Um, so this is a weird one, saw JK Simmons so i was intrigued...but um....

Stallone as a super hero ish? I'd watch

Our boy Omar in a John Q type movie, ill watch

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Stallone as a super hero ish? I'd watch

This does not look half bad and I like older Stallone.

The Glorius trailer. Honestly seeing shit like this always makes me wonder if I am missing out on a career in hollywood because how does something this blatantly stupid looking get funding.

How would JK simmons sign on for something like this? He must need the income. Looks absolutely stupid.

The breaking trailer, I will watch that movie solely because I loved the actor who played Omar. Such a tragedy he died.
    I am not a Jon Boyega fan outside of Star Wars. I just am not a fan.

This does not look half bad and I like older Stallone.

The Glorius trailer. Honestly seeing shit like this always makes me wonder if I am missing out on a career in hollywood because how does something this blatantly stupid looking get funding.

How would JK simmons sign on for something like this? He must need the income. Looks absolutely stupid.

The breaking trailer, I will watch that movie solely because I loved the actor who played Omar. Such a tragedy he died.
    I am not a Jon Boyega fan outside of Star Wars. I just am not a fan.
    Also feel like Samaritan could be pretty good. Stallone has done a good job with the old warrior / mentor roles in Rocky Balboa and the Creed movies. I could see it being a bit of a surprise fun hit. Not to the level of Top Gun: Maverick, but same kind of thing; no messages or politics, just entertainment.