Page 715 of 880 FirstFirst ... 713714715716717 ... LastLast
Results 8,569 to 8,580 of 10551

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Definitely worth it if you're into the games. Just an example a very early conversation one of the characters asks another a question along the lines of what would be a worse way to die, eaten by a giant snake, or eaten by a giant shark - both of course are in the original RE. There are a LOT of little things like that. There are a few scenes that they lift right from the games. It has the mansion and RPD and both look like they should. The outfits look like they should. There's time when characters pair off and the pairings make sense to the games. They really took care to make everything look and feel like it should and I appreciate that.
    That's awesome. I love the original 2 games, I played the shit out of them in high school. Recently I played RE2 remastered on ps4. It looks fantastic and just like the original, it's hard AF and frightening at times lol

My opinion of the new Scream

It's great...lot of callbacks to the earlier movies, easter eggs...cast is good, likeable. Scream is one of my favorite horror franchise and for me this lived up to the high standard set by the first two films. The end is excellent.

I will not be able to see this for about two weeks probably. I have only seen 1 trailer and have basically no idea what its about but I bet the Killer will end up being Huey from The Boyz.
    Do not spoil it, time shall tell but I want to return to this post and see if I am right.

Recently watched

3 episodes of Peacemaker. I will say its been pretty good, the intro is awesome, the soundtrack is great. I am not a John cena fan but its been very funny so far and even Brutal. The blonde lead actress is sexy as hell.

Finished season of Mayor of Kingstown. Amazing series. One of the best shows I have watched in years. Fantastic cannot recommend it enough.
    The cast, I am not normally a Jeremy Renner fan but he was great. The first episode stripper actress and the Red head female lead are just total smoke shows. Absolutely gorgeous actresses and the red head can act. She is great.

Cannot wait to see what season 2 holds.

Watched Movie called The Laudromat. It was overall not bad. A lot of well known actors. Its about insurance fraud money laundering.

I tried to watch Peacemaker and although I like John Cena couldn't get into it. I will definitely check out Mayor Kingstown. That looks promising. I watched the Last Duel today in between morning coffee, groceries and finishing up my office renovation. I am a Ridley Scott fan in general and enjoyed it but definitely not one of his best. I found Matt Damons mullet and just the way he carried himself kind of annoying and a tad ridiculous. The rest of the cast, including (can't believe I'm saying this) Ben Affleck were great.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I found Matt Damons mullet and just the way he carried himself kind of annoying and a tad ridiculous. The rest of the cast, including (can't believe I'm saying this) Ben Affleck were great.
    It's like they couldn't afford Theo Von, so made Damon look like him. So weird

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Watched a movie called The Report on Amazon. Very good, great cast about the investigation into the abuse of Afghanistan war prisoners

Good movie, definitely worth a watch

Last night watched new Snake eyes movie. My god this movie was straight trash. One of the worst movies I have ever watched.
    The script and story was just horrible. The casting was terrible.
    You see him in costume literally 30 seconds in the movie.

Watched Ray Donovan the movie. I do not know what Showtime fucked up more, Dexter or Ray Donovan.
    A once great show deserved a final season, but instead we got a final movie that was terrible. Ray looked like he packed on 30 lbs., all of the actors looked different. The only two who acted the same was Mickey in my opinion. The way they ended this was just a disgrace.

Lieve SChriber just did not feel like he was back in proper character. I do not want to ruin it with details but it was just a major disappointment.

Blog Entries

We watched Napoleon Dynamite the other night, I don't care how old I get I will never not laugh at that movie. Truly one of my all time favorites.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Also another A24 movie coming out I want to see, this time directed by Ti West who has made a couple horror movies I've liked a lot. I love everything about the way this looks.

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

OT - The Movies/TV thread

We watched Napoleon Dynamite the other night, I don't care how old I get I will never not laugh at that movie. Truly one of my all time favorites.
    Funny I watched that two weeks ago when there was nothing on.

Love that movie

Just watched The duel movie.

For a Ridley Scott movie it absolutely sucked. Ben affleck and Matt Damon were trash..

At least Adam driver was good. Boring and just not interesting at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also another A24 movie coming out I want to see, this time directed by Ti West who has made a couple horror movies I've liked a lot. I love everything about the way this looks.

This has inspired me to take a look at some other Ti West films. I googled him and am looking at his filmography on Rotten Tomatoes. Looks like some of them could be fun. I may start with Trigger Man tonight.

Update. Could not find Trigger Man on Amazon. House of the Devil is free with Ads on Amazon though.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-25-2022 at 08:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    This has inspired me to take a look at some other Ti West films. I googled him and am looking at his filmography on Rotten Tomatoes. Looks like some of them could be fun. I may start with Trigger Man tonight.

Update. Could not find Trigger Man on Amazon. House of the Devil is free with Ads on Amazon though.
    House of the Devil is really good. Innkeepers was the first of his I saw, also quite good. These are not mainstream horror by any means but I enjoyed them.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

House of the Devil is really good. Innkeepers was the first of his I saw, also quite good. These are not mainstream horror by any means but I enjoyed them.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    I watched House of the Devil. It was okay. I was not paying a lot of attention so I can't give it a real review because I was dinking around on the internet. I did really like the 80's music and vibe he was going for. Any movie that uses Thomas Dolby's "One of our Submarines is Missing" gets points from me. I thought that was cool. That one brought me back.

I will check out Inn Keepers. I think I saw that one a while back. Pathetic I can't remember if I saw it but what can I say...old guy brain.