Page 704 of 880 FirstFirst ... 702703704705706 ... LastLast
Results 8,437 to 8,448 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Highly recommend the Nicholas Cage movie ‘Pig’, which is on Hulu now. Initially I expected a joke, not so much like Willy’s Wonderland, but Cage is an interesting character with the roles that he chooses. Pig was one of the most unique movies I’ve seen in some time, and Cage was absolutely fantastic in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Saw "The Harder They Fall". Like someone said earlier, it was a bit formulaic but it was entertaining. I'd recommend it.
    Formulaic is okay if it"s done well. We love the stories we love and we love and we them for a reason but worst thing you can be is predictable and badly executed.

Saw "The Harder They Fall". Like someone said earlier, it was a bit formulaic but it was entertaining. I'd recommend it.
    The overly long run time and disjointed story along with poor character choices ( choices the writer had the characters make some of which were nonsensical) really was a disservice to a fantastic cast of actors.

Visually the movie looked wonderful and the cast was amazing but the story and writing left a lot to be desired for me.

Trying to get through "Handmaid's Tale". Last watched episode 8 from season 2. So disturbing.
    I've watched the first 3 seasons and needed a break before starting 4 but I'm going to soon. Def not a feel good show!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Highly recommend the Nicholas Cage movie ‘Pig’, which is on Hulu now. Initially I expected a joke, not so much like Willy’s Wonderland, but Cage is an interesting character with the roles that he chooses. Pig was one of the most unique movies I’ve seen in some time, and Cage was absolutely fantastic in it.
    I'm a sucker for Cage movies and really wanted to love this. I do agree, at times his acting is brilliant. I thought the film overall was just so slow...
    Very good film, just thought it would be more

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I've still been re-watching Better Call Saul. I had forgotten a lot about the early seasons. It definitely hit it's stride in S3, and I still think it took way too long for Jimmy to full transform into Saul, but this is just an excellent show.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Watching the South Park Post COVID special and this is the funniest shit I've seen in a long time. Literally laughing out loud throughout.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Watching the South Park Post COVID special and this is the funniest shit I've seen in a long time. Literally laughing out loud throughout.

South Park has some classics, definitely. I'll have to check this one out.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

South Park has some classics, definitely. I'll have to check this one out.
    If you like South Park you should definitely watch it. I am not a huge fan, I haven't watched in probably a decade, but I saw the preview and watched it. Definitely made me laugh. Cartman is the best part.
    back on twitter

I've still been re-watching Better Call Saul. I had forgotten a lot about the early seasons. It definitely hit it's stride in S3, and I still think it took way too long for Jimmy to full transform into Saul, but this is just an excellent show.
    One of the best shows out there in recent years. I'll prolly rewatch it all before the final season airs

Shit was hilarious. I was wondering why they stopped making episodes during the pandemic

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Watched Ethan Hawke's new movie Zero and Ones and it might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Idk what I just watched. Some weird artsy shit show

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Watched Ethan Hawke's new movie Zero and Ones and it might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Idk what I just watched. Some weird artsy shit show

I hate artsy type movies. I just have no patience for that shit.

Recently just saw trailer for Ray Donovan movie coming out in January.

Recently saw trailer for Jack Reacher TV series coming in February. Looks pretty good. THe lead actor has the size for the character, he was on the TV show Titans I watched with my son. Lousy show but he was ok in it as Hawk.

He has a sarcastic type Ryan Reynold stich to him. He might do ok as a lead but I have never seen him in much else