Page 640 of 880 FirstFirst ... 638639640641642 ... LastLast
Results 7,669 to 7,680 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't really think you need to spoiler warning it. I think someone like yourself is probably pretty rare, there was a dedicated season 8 thread here on the main board when that aired. Pretty low chance of anyone being spoiled on it lol
    I don't think there will be another show where so many people are watching weekly, waiting for the next episode. I don't see another show be anywhere near as popular. A lot of shows have instant season drops now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Folks can flame me all they want, but count me in as someone that did not have a particular problem with the final season at all. Yes it was shortened and yes they had a lot to wrap up...but IMO they did it successfully. Beginning to end, one of the best shows I've ever watched. It's awesome when I catch an episode from an earlier season and can see all the groundwork that was layered in almost every episode for something that would come later.

And truthfully, the the first 2 episodes lay out the whole story which I think is also awesome.
    Yeah I’m in the middle. It wasn’t great, it was rushed, but it wasn’t terrible either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 thoughts on the 1st season of game of thrones (if you have seen it please don't spoil anything for me in your responses):

1) one of the few things I knew about this series was that Ned Stark did not survive but I thought that he would last longer than that being that it was sean Bean and he was great in the role. Loved Ned and hated to see him go.

2). Unless he has more of an arch in the future, Khal Drogo is the most worthless and potential wasted character in history. I get the feeling that it is all part of Denaryious' development but still

2) I hate Joffrey, such a punchable face. I plan on attending an autograph signing with the actor that plays him so that I can punch him in his nose.

3) Horses are quite disposable in this show

4) I don't know how to take him just yet but Tyrian Lannister is hilarious. Dinklage deserves more credit for his abilities.

5) There is something curious about the Hound. Hope he has a larger role to play going forward.

6) The first season does such a good job pf laying what I think is the groundwork because it seems that there are so many different directions they could go with things.

7) so many fucking characters. I had to keep googling names so I knew who was who and without reading too much that would spoil shit. That was no small task and I deserve some type of honor for this feat.

8) 13 year old me wishes this show was on HBO in 1996.

9) set pieces and costume design is fantastic. Hopefully they won awards during the run of the show

10) And finally much to my delight the actor who played Tywin Lannister was the assassin who tried to kill the boy and Jack Slater in the Last Action Hero (a guilty pleasure of mine as far as movies go)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    10 thoughts on the 1st season of game of thrones (if you have seen it please don't spoil anything for me in your responses):

1) one of the few things I knew about this series was that Ned Stark did not survive but I thought that he would last longer than that being that it was sean Bean and he was great in the role. Loved Ned and hated to see him go.

2). Unless he has more of an arch in the future, Khal Drogo is the most worthless and potential wasted character in history. I get the feeling that it is all part of Denaryious' development but still

2) I hate Joffrey, such a punchable face. I plan on attending an autograph signing with the actor that plays him so that I can punch him in his nose.

4) I don't know how to take him just yet but Tyrian Lannister is hilarious. Dinklage deserves more credit for his abilities.

5) There is something curious about the Hound. Hope he has a larger role to play going forward.

6) The first season does such a good job pf laying what I think is the groundwork because it seems that there are so many different directions they could go with things.

7) so many fucking characters. I had to keep googling names so I knew who was who and without reading too much that would spoil shit. That was no small task and I deserve some type of honor for this feat.

9) set pieces and costume design is fantastic. Hopefully they won awards during the run of the show

10) And finally much to my delight the actor who played Tywin Lannister was the assassin who tried to kill the boy and Jack Slater in the Last Action Hero (a guilty pleasure of mine as far as movies go)
    I’m not going to get too detailed, but you are thinking in the right direction more often than not up here. Some of my favorite characters in the show were listed in your post. You will see larger character arcs for some of those characters, I just won’t tell you which.

Yeah, the first season was difficult to follow character-wise, but the introduction of new characters slows dramatically making it easier to keep up with in future seasons. The changing of actors playing certain characters can be a bit confusing later pervert, but it’s only like 3-4 generally minor-ish characters given this treatment.

Tywin Lannister(Charles Dance) and Tyrion(Dinklage) probably have the best acting chops on the show. Fantastic characters played amazingly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post

I don't want to answer too much because I will def spoil something for you, lol.

- I will say that Ned going so early was a shock but somewhat critical to how the show is structured. One of the truly honorable men in Westeros...and what did it get him?

- Oh Joffrey Joffrey Joffrey, one of the greatest villains in TV history and at such a young age!....your hate will grow Ravensforce

- Probably kind of weird watching Khal Drogo, especially if you have seen him in other things first. Most of us that watched GOT as it was happening saw Jason Mamoa for the first time in that show, so it probably allowed us to give his character more leeway. I won't say more about him and Danerys.

- Tyrion is bar far one of the best characters on the show...period. Great arc(s).

- One day when you are finished, a serious convo about the hound needs to take place. Even his name matters.

- Yes, they won an absurd amount of creative arts emmys and other set design, costume and cinematography awards

- Tywin is such a bastard but a phenomenal actor.

- Yes, there will be many callbacks to the 1st season...several that you might miss until you've watched the whole thing and then go back.

That's all I think I can say, lol

Conleth Hill's reaction at the table read to what happens to him in S8 tells you all you need to know, even the actors involved knew the whole thing was a load of shit.
    I was following all that stuff pretty closely at the time...I read that as disappointment and pissed of at his fate, not necessarily the writing or the story

If you aren't familiar with the Game of Thrones source material and certain twists and WTF moments you need to document your reactions here. Especially during a certain episode in the 3rd season.

It's great through season 6. The series peaks at the last 2 episodes of season 6 IMO. Season 7 is good, season 8 is a fucking disaster and one of the worst things I've ever watched from a writing, directing, cinematography, everything involved in filmmaking perspective.
    LMAO, ok tell us how you really feel. I feel the same way about season 8 as i described my feelings for season 2 of True detective. Not as good as others, but still enjoyable for me. Also, for folks that really go off about it....THE SHOW HAD TO END. The actors, directors, producers etc in real life needed to move on. I'm actually shocked they kept it together and good as long as they did, considering each episode was damn near a mini film. GRRM didn't help by not finishing the source material either. Watch it al the way through Ravesforce83! Treat BHC's harsh review as just another spoiler, lol.

Blog Entries

It's Prime day and I rented News of the World for $2.99 - the new Tom Hanks movie. I thought it was very well done as are all of his films.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6878306/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    LMAO, ok tell us how you really feel. I feel the same way about season 8 as i described my feelings for season 2 of True detective. Not as good as others, but still enjoyable for me. Also, for folks that really go off about it....THE SHOW HAD TO END. The actors, directors, producers etc in real life needed to move on. I'm actually shocked they kept it together and good as long as they did, considering each episode was damn near a mini film. GRRM didn't help by not finishing the source material either. Watch it al the way through Ravesforce83! Treat BHC's harsh review as just another spoiler, lol.
    In reality it's probably not that bad...I just can't forgive Benioff and Weiss for cutting so much and leaving so much on the floor. HBO was willing to go to whatever for it, episode wise or money wise...Benioff and Weiss cut the stuff short. I don't have a problem with how it ended...how/where certain characters ended up...from what I understand that is how things will end in the novels. They just cut too much and rushed everything. At least that is my opinion. Maybe I will revisit specific problems I had when RF83 gets to the end but I don't want to spoil anything now.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Tyrion/Peter Dinklage is probably the best actor on the show...there's a lot of good acting though. Also like the guy who plays Littlefinger, and there is another that is really fucking good at his character but he doesn't really have a big role until the 3rd season so TBD lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's Prime day and I rented News of the World for $2.99 - the new Tom Hanks movie. I thought it was very well done as are all of his films.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6878306/
    Agreed. Rented it awhile back but wasn’t sure it would resonate with a lot here. Kinda simple movie. Very well done , just good entertainment.

Blog Entries

Some stuff I've watched recently, all of which except Leviathan and Europa Report I've seen before -

Stargate - I didn't like this movie as a kid, and I didn't really like it as an adult watching it for the first time in like 25 years.
    I Still Know What You Did Last Summer - late 90's tropey slasher horror, worth watching for JLH and not much else.
    Urban Legend 2 - see above, the first one is decent enough, this sucks.
    Red Planet - this was also not very good, pretty boring.
    Leviathan - basically an inferior version of Alien set underwater, it was okay, nothing special.
    Europa Report - pretty good space movie about a trip to Jupiter's moon that may have evidence of alien life, the narrative structure is kind of weird but overall it's good.
    Fargo - this is one of my favorite movies, I love it every time I watch it. Absolutely nothing bad to say about this one.

I have the Fargo blu ray but most of this I watched on Tubi or Pluto TV which are free streaming services I've been exploring recently.
    back on twitter