Page 639 of 880 FirstFirst ... 637638639640641 ... LastLast
Results 7,657 to 7,668 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Recently watched an independent film from 2013 called Blue Caprice. It is about the DC area Snipers.

The movie actually has some recognizable actors in it, I will say it has some good moments but it was still pretty lousy. The movie was more on the story of how the guy came together with the teen kiiler than any of the actual killings.

It is probably worth a watch if you like info on that story but it was nothing to rave about.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I just started my rewatch, prolly 4th time. Vaughn was surprisingly good in that role. I like the McAdams character, prolly the whole "I love me some damaged hot women" that I've always had

Sidenote, the intro song is great. I love me some Leonard Cohen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure if Season 2 had been released first it would have gotten much better reviews and attention. Season 1 was just basically flawless and impossible to follow. Season 3 had more of the vibe of season 1 with the guys being older and reflecting on what happened. Season 2 will always get a nod from just for having Kelly Reilly...talk about "damaged hot women". Still trying to find something I have not liked her in.

Started binging Game of thrones this weekend. Finished season 1. People at work have been hounding me to watch it. I've enjoyed it so far and I've heard the middle seasons are even better. How I haven't had this series spoiled for me in the last few years I'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Started binging Game of thrones this weekend. Finished season 1. People at work have been hounding me to watch it. I've enjoyed it so far and I've heard the middle seasons are even better. How I haven't had this series spoiled for me in the last few years I'll never know
    I’m jealous, wish I could watch it again for the first time.

I’ve seen everything but the final season 4 times of more and that season twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Pretty sure if Season 2 had been released first it would have gotten much better reviews and attention. Season 1 was just basically flawless and impossible to follow. Season 3 had more of the vibe of season 1 with the guys being older and reflecting on what happened. Season 2 will always get a nod from just for having Kelly Reilly...talk about "damaged hot women". Still trying to find something I have not liked her in.
    Yea that's always been my opinion. Also, two very different story lines with one being in a big city and the other being a southern rural setting. Just two very different looking stories.

I think one issue with S2 is that there are so many characters, they didn't have time to really dig into each enough. Colin Farrel is absolutely great

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’m jealous, wish I could watch it again for the first time.

I’ve seen everything but the final season 4 times of more and that season twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Folks can flame me all they want, but count me in as someone that did not have a particular problem with the final season at all. Yes it was shortened and yes they had a lot to wrap up...but IMO they did it successfully. Beginning to end, one of the best shows I've ever watched. It's awesome when I catch an episode from an earlier season and can see all the groundwork that was layered in almost every episode for something that would come later.

And truthfully, the the first 2 episodes lay out the whole story which I think is also awesome.

Blog Entries

If you aren't familiar with the Game of Thrones source material and certain twists and WTF moments you need to document your reactions here. Especially during a certain episode in the 3rd season.

It's great through season 6. The series peaks at the last 2 episodes of season 6 IMO. Season 7 is good, season 8 is a fucking disaster and one of the worst things I've ever watched from a writing, directing, cinematography, everything involved in filmmaking perspective.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Folks can flame me all they want, but count me in as someone that did not have a particular problem with the final season at all. Yes it was shortened and yes they had a lot to wrap up...but IMO they did it successfully. Beginning to end, one of the best shows I've ever watched. It's awesome when I catch an episode from an earlier season and can see all the groundwork that was layered in almost every episode for something that would come later.

And truthfully, the the first 2 episodes lay out the whole story which I think is also awesome.
    I don't mind season 8 at all. Do I think they could have done better? Sure. I could have watched an entire episodes with that group around the fire talking, I think episode 2, can't remember. Going to be years before I do my rewatch

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Conleth Hill's reaction at the table read to what happens to him in S8 tells you all you need to know, even the actors involved knew the whole thing was a load of shit.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If you aren't familiar with the Game of Thrones source material and certain twists and WTF moments you need to document your reactions here. Especially during a certain episode in the 3rd season.

It's great through season 6. The series peaks at the last 2 episodes of season 6 IMO. Season 7 is good, season 8 is a fucking disaster and one of the worst things I've ever watched from a writing, directing, cinematography, everything involved in filmmaking perspective.
    I'm not familiar with the books and have avoided all convos revolving around the show knowing I would watch eventually so I will definitely share my reactions on here as I go. Don't want to spoil things for anyone else who hasn't seen it but intends to someday like me so should I start a new thread or just start every post with a caveat?

Blog Entries

I'm not familiar with the books and have avoided all convos revolving around the show knowing I would watch eventually so I will definitely share my reactions on here as I go. Don't want to spoil things for anyone else who hasn't seen it but intends to someday like me so should I start a new thread or just start every post with a caveat?
    I don't really think you need to spoiler warning it. I think someone like yourself is probably pretty rare, there was a dedicated season 8 thread here on the main board when that aired. Pretty low chance of anyone being spoiled on it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't really think you need to spoiler warning it. I think someone like yourself is probably pretty rare, there was a dedicated season 8 thread here on the main board when that aired. Pretty low chance of anyone being spoiled on it lol
    Lol ok. Just making sure