Page 617 of 880 FirstFirst ... 615616617618619 ... LastLast
Results 7,393 to 7,404 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Well this is just fucking weird

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...ing-to-produce

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Yeah I was reading an article about this recently. Sounds like it was conducted a lot like the podcast serial with telephone interviews but without the innocence claim that there is with Adnon in serial. The article I read was touching on the fact that at face value it is a very divisive choice to interview Malvo for the Doc but that it was done on such a tasteful way to the victims that many of the victims family members that refused to participate in other docs chose to participate in this.

I also saw where Malvo talks about sex with Muhammad after the killings so that's a no for me dog, not trying to hear about that from him but also not sure how that lends itself to the tastefully done narrative.

I'm not interested in that story anyhow, as I did a lot of reading and watching true crime stuff about the dc sniper case immediately after it resolved.

hacks on HBO!

Cool Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I doubt I will ever watch Spiral. Just does not look interesting at all.

Recently finish all three seasons of The Ozark on Netflix. Took a month but me and the wife finished it.
    The show was better than I thought. Some episodes feel bit redundant and replayed but overall it has a good pace and the story is quite good.
    The redneck sociopath woman is quite a character. Jason Bateman is always great.

Season 3 introduced Ben who I really like the actor he played a great crazy/bipolar guy. He was really good in Banshee too. I would like to see him in more shows or movies. Pretty under rated actor

Just watched the newest episode of Fear the Walking Dead. What a fucking shit show this has turned into. Every episode now is a hallucinating/ flashback. Their writers are so shitty they cannot come up with a decent story so every episode now is focused on one character and its always a hallucination.
    The writers for this show deserve a Negan Barb wired baseball bat to the face for the trash they have turned a once great show into.
    Just trash and I am done watching after this last episode.
    The actor's name is Tom Pelphrey and he should have won an Emmy for his performance (he was that good)!

You might have seen him in a movie if you saw the movie "Mank" with Gary Oldman. He played Gary Oldman's brother, Joseph L. Mankiewicz!

Fine, fine actor!

Anyone watch The Stand? Fucking weird

Towards the end of the season and it's remind me too much of The Walking Dead. Hey don't do this, they do it. It's just so predictable

Last edited by usmccharles; 05-16-2021 at 12:32 AM.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Watched the new season of Love Death Robots on Netflix, not near as good as the first season. I don't think I liked a sinlge episode. The graphics are so damn impressive though.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Watched Seven Psycopaths (2012) last night about an alcoholic writing a book of same name. Gets caught up in the crime underworld and there is a kidnapped dog involved. Very wack but kind of interesting

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Anyone watch The Stand? Fucking weird

Towards the end of the season and it's remind me too much of The Walking Dead. Hey don't do this, they do it. It's just so predictable

I watched the new version. It was not terrible but it did not even compare to the original.

I hate Whoopi Goldberg so that already had me not liking it. The hispanic actress in it, was an absolute smoke show. I think its like episode 4 or 5 where she is walking around in Lingerie. My god that woman is gorgeous.

It had a lot of hype and for a time period of not alot of new shows it seems to have been a massive dud. Sad because of the theory of the movie a killer virus I would have expected more attention during Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    The actor's name is Tom Pelphrey and he should have won an Emmy for his performance (he was that good)!

You might have seen him in a movie if you saw the movie "Mank" with Gary Oldman. He played Gary Oldman's brother, Joseph L. Mankiewicz!

Fine, fine actor!
    Yeah he is a good actor.

THe opening scene with him as a teacher and how he reacts to a kid being cyber bullied was awesome. If I was ever nuts enough to be a teacher I would have reacted the same way. Take all of their phones and toss that shit in wood chipper.

Watched new Netflix movie Woman in the Window.

You have heard of movies never living up to the Trailer? Well, nothing follows that truth more than this movie.
    It has a great cast, Gary Oldman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Wyatt Russell, Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Anthony Mackie and Brian Tyree Henry who seems to be cast as a bad cop/detective in every role he seems to get lately. Not bad cop as in a bad guy. I mean Bad cop as he does not at all act like a cop at all.

The movie is weird and terribly written and directed. The movie from an effects standpoint looks like it was 90% on green screen. I guess this seems to be the theme of Netflix movies and shows lately and I am not a fan. Even my wife pointed it out how bad it was. The only good part of the movie is the ending/ twist. Both me and my wife were just waiting for it to end or we almost turned it off halfway through.

Its worth a watch only if the choices are down to Paul Blart Mall cop 3 or this. Other than that the Movie was pretty bad.

Cool Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Yeah he is a good actor.

THe opening scene with him as a teacher and how he reacts to a kid being cyber bullied was awesome. If I was ever nuts enough to be a teacher I would have reacted the same way. Take all of their phones and toss that shit in wood chipper.
    My favorite is the opening scene in Episode 9 where he is in a cab and the whole scene is with the camera in closeup on his face while he is talking to the unseen driver. He is in the midst of a full blown bi-polar meltdown babbling on and on, sad one moment, upbeat the next, relating how his mind is not working, but then instantaneously mentioning that he is having a good day talking on and on like some sort of sad human emotional roller coaster mentally about to crash.

When I saw that I said to myself, "That is some serious F**king acting!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Watched Seven Psycopaths (2012) last night about an alcoholic writing a book of same name. Gets caught up in the crime underworld and there is a kidnapped dog involved. Very wack but kind of interesting
    I love this movie. Christopher Walken has one of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in it. It's a wild ride

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Yeah I was reading an article about this recently. Sounds like it was conducted a lot like the podcast serial with telephone interviews but without the innocence claim that there is with Adnon in serial. The article I read was touching on the fact that at face value it is a very divisive choice to interview Malvo for the Doc but that it was done on such a tasteful way to the victims that many of the victims family members that refused to participate in other docs chose to participate in this.

I also saw where Malvo talks about sex with Muhammad after the killings so that's a no for me dog, not trying to hear about that from him but also not sure how that lends itself to the tastefully done narrative.

I'm not interested in that story anyhow, as I did a lot of reading and watching true crime stuff about the dc sniper case immediately after it resolved.
    Anyone ever seen the movie about this? Blue Caprice I think it was called.

I never watched it but always wanted to. Wondering if it was any good