Page 479 of 880 FirstFirst ... 477478479480481 ... LastLast
Results 5,737 to 5,748 of 10552
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

I love Rob Zombie's movies, he's one of my favorite directors. I concur generally with Charles.

House of 1,000 Corpses and Devils Rejects are all time great grindhouse inspired cinema.

I do not like 3 From Hell as much as the first two. Sid Haig (Capt Spaulding) was near death in real life and couldn't do more than what amounts to a cameo. And the guy they replaced him with does not have the same charm, and it was less enjoyable as a result.

His Halloween movies are extremely polarizing. As someone who considers Halloween the pinnacle of horror, I still found enjoyment in them despite how wildly different they are from the original movies.

Lords of Salem is his attempt at an atmospheric, story driven movie. Its not my favorite, but it has the most Sheri Moon Zombie, and she does lots of things for me lol. Worth checking out, but not guarantee you'll like it.

31 is wild.

On your other list, if you are going to watch Suspiria, watch Dario Argento's 1977 original, not the remake. It's much better. I believe its free on prime also.

Blog Entries

Here's an oldie (as am I) "Phase IV" from 1974 :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070531/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

"Desert ants suddenly form a collective intelligence and begin to wage war on the inhabitants. It is up to two scientists and a stray girl they rescue from the ants to destroy them."

If you like science fiction, as I do, then this one may interest you... Bc

Blog Entries

You're Next - Really good underrated home invasion movie from 2011. I own the DVD, not sure if it's streaming anywhere, but would even be worth the $3-$4 rental if you've never seen it. Twists and turns and surprises throughout, a good but not over the top amount of gore, some laughs. I like it a lot.

The Thing (2011) - Watched on HBO Max. I'd never seen this prequel. I actually clicked it thinking it was the 1982 original but stayed with it after it started. I didn't hate it. Obviously does not compare in any way to the original but I was entertained.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Lords of Salem is free on Prime now. I'll have to check out the others you liked

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You are officially a family girl now. Instead of saying "hey, lets hit that swingers club tonight" it's "so babe, what should we watch"
    It was quite the adjustment with a child for me, but watching movies and shows is just as fun as those parties.
    Actually no, no it's not. Now I've depressed myself

Hells Rejects is not good, it's great

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    You are officially a family girl now. Instead of saying "hey, lets hit that swingers club tonight" it's "so babe, what should we watch"
    It was quite the adjustment with a child for me, but watching movies and shows is just as fun as those parties.

Haha couldn't be more true. So many movies and shows.

Watch Revolutionary Road by Leo and Winslet. Real good stuff there

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Watched ‘Trial of the Chicago 7’ on Netflix and really liked it. Excellent ensemble cast with Frank Langella as the judge being the main scene stealer. Sacha Baron Cohen was also very good in it as Abbie Hoffman.
    We watched this tonight. It was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post

Haha. I think COVID has upped my movie and TV time too but not like I'd be out partying every weekend anyway. I can't even stay up past 1030 these days

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I love Rob Zombie's movies, he's one of my favorite directors. I concur generally with Charles.

House of 1,000 Corpses and Devils Rejects are all time great grindhouse inspired cinema.

I do not like 3 From Hell as much as the first two. Sid Haig (Capt Spaulding) was near death in real life and couldn't do more than what amounts to a cameo. And the guy they replaced him with does not have the same charm, and it was less enjoyable as a result.

His Halloween movies are extremely polarizing. As someone who considers Halloween the pinnacle of horror, I still found enjoyment in them despite how wildly different they are from the original movies.

Lords of Salem is his attempt at an atmospheric, story driven movie. Its not my favorite, but it has the most Sheri Moon Zombie, and she does lots of things for me lol. Worth checking out, but not guarantee you'll like it.

31 is wild.

On your other list, if you are going to watch Suspiria, watch Dario Argento's 1977 original, not the remake. It's much better. I believe its free on prime also.
    Very helpful. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Vivarium is a complete mindfuck. I'm still not sure what I watched or what I think about it. Very weird

Suspiria- started it the other day, but wasn't in thee mood for some subtitles. Heard good things

He's out there - nothing

Dinner Party - on my list

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Watched Dinner Party last night. It was... just ok. Ending was weird. A little slow at times toward the beginning. Interested in hearing your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    You're Next - Really good underrated home invasion movie from 2011. I own the DVD, not sure if it's streaming anywhere, but would even be worth the $3-$4 rental if you've never seen it. Twists and turns and surprises throughout, a good but not over the top amount of gore, some laughs. I like it a lot.

The Thing (2011) - Watched on HBO Max. I'd never seen this prequel. I actually clicked it thinking it was the 1982 original but stayed with it after it started. I didn't hate it. Obviously does not compare in any way to the original but I was entertained.

I didnt like the Thing remake. The original is not all that great either but definitely better in my opinion.

I watched a very interesting movie on Netflix called In the Shadow of the Moon I think was the title. It has Michael C Hall (Dexter) & Boyd Holbrook in it. The movie has a really cool and interesting plot. It was not great but it has that "Twelve Monkeys feel to it"

Definitely worth a watch. It could have been alot better with better writing and supporting cast but it was better than most of the garbage that has come out lately.

Blog Entries

watched another episode of Monsterland on hulu last night. Just too slow developing for my taste

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!