Page 455 of 880 FirstFirst ... 453454455456457 ... LastLast
Results 5,449 to 5,460 of 10552
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Geralds game is that good?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    In my opinion, being the best Netflix movie (i.e. something that released primarily on Netflix or produced/whatever by them, not to include their TV shows which can be pretty good) isn't a really high bar, so keep that in mind, but yeah, I enjoyed it. Well paced, the lead actress is quite good. Worth a watch for sure.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 09-26-2020 at 01:27 PM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Did either of you ever see this, with Linda Blair?

"THE EXORCIST" (1973) :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070047...nm_flmg_act_73

If not, see it if you can... Bc
    Yes. Wife and I watched it a few years back. Definitely had some creepy moments. Not as bad as The Omen though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ortizer; 09-27-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Pretty excited for this. American History X is prolly my favorite movie

"Filmmaker and American History X director Tony Kaye has found a lead star for his next project, as Djimon Hounsou has signed on to appear in Kaye's upcoming movie African History Y. Not much is known about the story at this time as plot details are still under wraps, but the movie has been described as "a story of tragedy and redemption." Kaye is writing the script alongside Charles Chanchori and Jason Corder, and Kaye will also produce with DeForrest Taylor, Marc Le Chat, and Raymond J. Markovich." per movieweb.com"

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Pretty excited for this. American History X is prolly my favorite movie

"Filmmaker and American History X director Tony Kaye has found a lead star for his next project, as Djimon Hounsou has signed on to appear in Kaye's upcoming movie African History Y. Not much is known about the story at this time as plot details are still under wraps, but the movie has been described as "a story of tragedy and redemption." Kaye is writing the script alongside Charles Chanchori and Jason Corder, and Kaye will also produce with DeForrest Taylor, Marc Le Chat, and Raymond J. Markovich." per movieweb.com"

I read somewhere that Kaye hated the final cut of American History X because Ed Norton pulled rank and insisted on it being longer than Kaye wanted. He was so against the final cut that he wanted his name off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I read somewhere that Kaye hated the final cut of American History X because Ed Norton pulled rank and insisted on it being longer than Kaye wanted. He was so against the final cut that he wanted his name off of it.
    I believe Kaye had a different ending in mind too, which have ruined it imo. I'll do some digging

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

From what I get, Kaye is pretty hard to work with. Basically after the film was done, the studio and Norton had ideas for some rewrites for the siting and Kaye refused everything and it just went down hill. The reason Norton had to edit is because Kaye refused to the changes, so Norton took over and Kay stopped communicating with everyone. Kaye even took out ads in the media to criticize the film. It was his first film and he said he wanted to be treated like a Stanley Kubrick with his creative control.

Him and Marlon Brando were working in something.... Until Kaye showed up to an event dressed as Osama Bin Laden. Dude sounds like a wack job

From what I get, Kaye is pretty hard to work with. Basically after the film was done, the studio and Norton had ideas for some rewrites for the siting and Kaye refused everything and it just went down hill. The reason Norton had to edit is because Kaye refused to the changes, so Norton took over and Kay stopped communicating with everyone. Kaye even took out ads in the media to criticize the film. It was his first film and he said he wanted to be treated like a Stanley Kubrick with his creative control.

Him and Marlon Brando were working in something.... Until Kaye showed up to an event dressed as Osama Bin Laden. Dude sounds like a wack job

Yeah I’ve also read that Norton is equally difficult to work with. I actually thought AHX was a great film. Definitely pretty controversial for the 90’s, and still pretty socially relevant to this day. It aged well, or didn’t age at all, however you want to look at it. The curb stomping and prison shower scene were visually disturbing. Kaye makes one or two movies a decade so this new project definitely sounds interesting.

Yeah I’ve also read that Norton is equally difficult to work with. I actually thought AHX was a great film. Definitely pretty controversial for the 90’s, and still pretty socially relevant to this day. It aged well, or didn’t age at all, however you want to look at it. The curb stomping and prison shower scene were visually disturbing. Kaye makes one or two movies a decade so this new project definitely sounds interesting.
    It's a fantastic movie, even thought it's my favorite it's one that's hard to watch so I only watch it maybe once a year if that. Pretty sure the written script had it where Norton character goes back to the skin head life and starts a new revolution

watched some stuff

Dark Places (Netflix)- A pretty well done crime thriller with Charlize Theron (giddity). Had some good twists and cool aspects, i would definitely recommend it.

Land Grab (amazon)- Doc about a rich dude in detroit who wants to buy land to turn it into agriculture use ie planting stuff. Pretty crazy watching all the people in the community be up in arms about this guy taking down old burnt up buildings. They act like he is stealing from them. pretty amazing

Congo (amazon)- the old movie with a talking gorilla and a dimaond lazer, classic bad movie, still fun

Untraceable (amazon)- about a guy who makes a website and the more people that watch the quicker someone dies, pretty. wasnt too bad, but wasnt that good

The Armaranth (amazon)- a old dude movies into a place that is suppose to help with his health and it does way more than expected, i liked it, it ended abruptly but i liked it.

The Taking of Deborah Logan (amazon)- as you guys know im a big fan of that found footage type stuff and this was a goood one, i recommend

Blog Entries

The Taking of Deborah Logan is very good.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Stuff I have watched recently.

Movies
    Netflix- Enola Holmes. It has Henry cavil and Girl who plays eleven in Stranger things. Its not bad, although every scene has the look like it was entirely shot on green screen. Its a cute family fun type movie based in the world of Sherlock holmes.

Cable/Xuom App. Something like that. The Infiltrator with Bryan Cranston, John Leguizamo, Dianne Kruger. Great movie about Drug and money laundering in the 1980s. Love Dianne Kruger, she just has an elegance about her beauty. Cranston is always good but John Leguizamo is a highly under rated actor. He has been around forever it seems and is always great.

TV Shows
    Latest episode of the Boys was really good. Hilarous scene where a bad guys superpower is his Penis that strangles a guy. Pretty funny scene.

watched some stuff

Dark Places (Netflix)- A pretty well done crime thriller with Charlize Theron (giddity). Had some good twists and cool aspects, i would definitely recommend it.

Land Grab (amazon)- Doc about a rich dude in detroit who wants to buy land to turn it into agriculture use ie planting stuff. Pretty crazy watching all the people in the community be up in arms about this guy taking down old burnt up buildings. They act like he is stealing from them. pretty amazing

Congo (amazon)- the old movie with a talking gorilla and a dimaond lazer, classic bad movie, still fun

Untraceable (amazon)- about a guy who makes a website and the more people that watch the quicker someone dies, pretty. wasnt too bad, but wasnt that good

The Armaranth (amazon)- a old dude movies into a place that is suppose to help with his health and it does way more than expected, i liked it, it ended abruptly but i liked it.

The Taking of Deborah Logan (amazon)- as you guys know im a big fan of that found footage type stuff and this was a goood one, i recommend
    The Congo!. I loved that movie even though the acting was pretty lousy. Love the plot though of King Solomons mines/ killer gorillas.
    They had Bruce Cambell and killed him off in first 5 minutes. Wish they would have gave him a bette role. Enrie Hudson is great in this movie. One of his best roles.

I have seen that movie ton of times and can watch it over and over and it never gets old.