Page 454 of 879 FirstFirst ... 452453454455456 ... LastLast
Results 5,437 to 5,448 of 10538

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

If you did like HOHH it’s interesting if you look up a video on YouTube and it shows you where all of the hidden ghosts were in the show that were right in front of your face. The show was extremely detailed and well made.

Blog Entries

episode 6 lovecraft country

wow, what a wild ride
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    episode 6 lovecraft country

wow, what a wild ride
    The visuals are quite nice. Episode 5 was insane as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Has anyone watched Ratched on Netflix? I've heard mixed reviews but I am generally a fan of Ryan Murphy and Sarah Paulson from AHS.
    No but it's on my list along with the Hollywood. I like Ryan Murphy's stuff usually too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    If you did like HOHH it’s interesting if you look up a video on YouTube and it shows you where all of the hidden ghosts were in the show that were right in front of your face. The show was extremely detailed and well made.
    Mike Flanagan, creator of HOHH, and also director of Oculus, Hush, Ouija: Origin of Evil, Gerald's Game, and Doctor Sleep, is a Towson alumni.

Ouija: Origin of Evil is probably my favorite thing he's done. You don't need to watch the first Ouija movie to get it (and you don't need to watch the first Ouija movie in general).

Midsommar is definitely the superior Ari Aster film IMO. The first time I saw Hereditary...I liked it but the end didn't really do anything for me and I thought it was a total departure from the rest of the movie. Subsequent watches have not improved the ending, but have reinforced how good the rest of it is.
    It is a total departure... and most annoyingly, IMO, prematurely cuts off the mother's character arc. It's basically "let's just cut and paste the end of Rosemary's Baby because... reasons."

Finished HoHH last night and fell asleep midway through the finalei do think I was tired though haha. Didn't hate it but just not my jam. Wasn't scary enough. I'll probably try to watch the new one coming out in a few weeks just to get in the Halloween spirit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Mike Flanagan, creator of HOHH, and also director of Oculus, Hush, Ouija: Origin of Evil, Gerald's Game, and Doctor Sleep, is a Towson alumni.

Ouija: Origin of Evil is probably my favorite thing he's done. You don't need to watch the first Ouija movie to get it (and you don't need to watch the first Ouija movie in general).
    Hush and Gerald's Game are two of my favorite Netflix released movies.

Have never seen Origin of Evil. I saw the first Ouija and thought it was fine for what it was, a generic horror movie. Nothing special though, which is probably why I never went on to watch the second. I always get Ouija mixed up with Oculus, which is also a Mike Flanagan film, and is better (at least better than the first Ouija, which again is the only one I've seen).
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Pretty niche here but if you are a fan of The Lighthouse like me (my favorite movie of 2019), it has inspired a lot of different art. Including a thrash metal song and video (kind of a King Diamond - Judas Priest feel to it) -

This is also another recommendation of this fantastic movie - and it's on Prime, so you are out nothing but time if you don't like it...
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 09-26-2020 at 10:58 AM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post

Mike Flanagan is also a MD native. Went to high school in Anne Arundel County (Archbishop Spalding). My wife went to school with him.

Hush and Gerald's Game are two of my favorite Netflix released movies.

Have never seen Origin of Evil. I saw the first Ouija and thought it was fine for what it was, a generic horror movie. Nothing special though, which is probably why I never went on to watch the second. I always get Ouija mixed up with Oculus, which is also a Mike Flanagan film, and is better (at least better than the first Ouija, which again is the only one I've seen).
    Geralds game is that good?

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Geralds game is that good?

I enjoyed it