Page 437 of 880 FirstFirst ... 435436437438439 ... LastLast
Results 5,233 to 5,244 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Lerman was also in the Amazon prime show The Hunt which was awesome. I'm definitely looking at more movies he's made.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I'll have to see it. Thanks!

I came across The World's Toughest Race: Eco Challenge last night. I've never heard of it before but gave the 1st episode a watch. I've always enjoyed team based Race adventures such as this. Wish I could attempt one, but nowhere nearly as tough as that one. Lol. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't last but I enjoy trail hiking and something like that as a team race would be a fun experience.

Anyone else watch or into that type of thing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I watched the first episode of Lovecraft Country on HBO Max. I thought it was really good, typical quality of most HBO shows. Seems to be about a trio traveling through Jim Crow era America to find one of their dads, with heavy Lovecraft elements. Both Jordan Peele and JJ Abrams are involved in this and you can definitely see both guys fingerprints all over it, for better or worse depending how you feel about those guys. It worked really well for me. Highly recommended.

For now on im doing a rating system, 0-10 beers. 10 being Fight Club, Shawshank Redemption, American History X, Ex-Machina, Ed Reed. 5s being just a whatever, not great, not terrible to watch, Benard Pollard but your not missing anything if you skip it. 1-4 being absolute garbage, Matt Elam style. 0 being you should prolly watch it because its that bad and you need to know what an abortion on screen looks like, not really, don't watch it.

The Conspiracy (Amazon 2013)- As i said numerous times im a sucker for found footage style movies. This is about two dudes infiltrating a secret society ie Illuminati,skull and bones type shit. It wasn't bad at all, its no Troll Hunter, but you have to be a fan of this genre, if you are, watch it. 4/10 Beers

The Triangle (amazon)- Another found footage doc style. Friends get a post card from a friend they haven't heard from in three years inviting them to come hang out with their...cult? What could go wrong. Turns out, a lot. Not a lot happens, but a lot happens, it doesn't make sense i know. 3/10 Beers

Project Power (Netflix)- Jamie Fox and Joseph Gordon Levit, big fan of both. The Premise was amazing but just a little too much for me, but im also not a huge fan of super hero shit. It's entertaining but overall meh, i would watch if your just looking for something quick to put on and not give too much thought about. A good drunkish type netflix and chill movie 4/10 Beers

Cold Skin (amazon)- Want to say it takes place early 1900s. A guy goes to an island for a light tower job and learns there is more to the island than just rocks. It reminded me of Shape of Water. Its interesting, but nothing special. 4/10 Beers

Official Secrets
    (amazon)- A woman who works for the crown comes across info she thinks the public deserved to know ( i agreed) and obviously gets in trouble for leaking top secret materials. Considering the state of our country, or even just world i found it hitting home in a sense. Its also a true story. I liked it. 5/10 Beers

Spaceship Earth
    (amazon)- Documentary about biosphere 2 in the 90s when a bunch of world hippies basically become part of an experiment to live in a biosphere for two years. It was damn interesting but nothing crazy, it was a good time filler. 4/10 Beers
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

The Patriot Hunter deserves much more respect than that!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post

Spaceship Earth (amazon)- Documentary about biosphere 2 in the 90s when a bunch of world hippies basically become part of an experiment to live in a biosphere for two years. It was damn interesting but nothing crazy, it was a good time filler. 4/10 Beers
    Silent Running (1972) is an obscure space movie that I'd rate 7/10 :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067756/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

"In a future Earth barren of all flora and fauna, the planet's ecosystems exist only in large pods attached to spacecraft. When word comes in that the pods are to be jettisoned into space and destroyed, most of the crew of the Valley Forge rejoice at the prospect of going home. Not so for botanist Freeman Lowell, who loves the forest and its creatures. He kills his colleagues taking the ship deep into space. Alone on the craft with his only companions being three small robots, Lowell revels in joys of nature. When colleagues appear to "rescue" him, he realizes he has only one option available to him."

It stars Bruce Dern, and IMO worth a look... Bc

P.S. - BTW Charley, I hope we have to drink those beers too

Cool Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Silent Running (1972) is an obscure space movie that I'd rate 7/10 :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067756/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

"In a future Earth barren of all flora and fauna, the planet's ecosystems exist only in large pods attached to spacecraft. When word comes in that the pods are to be jettisoned into space and destroyed, most of the crew of the Valley Forge rejoice at the prospect of going home. Not so for botanist Freeman Lowell, who loves the forest and its creatures. He kills his colleagues taking the ship deep into space. Alone on the craft with his only companions being three small robots, Lowell revels in joys of nature. When colleagues appear to "rescue" him, he realizes he has only one option available to him."

It stars Bruce Dern, and IMO worth a look... Bc

BC I always liked Bruce Dern and did like Silent Running when I first saw it ions ago. Only problem was I didn't learn anything from the movie...

The only plants I have ever been able to grow are plastic ones!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    BC I always liked Bruce Dern and did like Silent Running when I first saw it ions ago. Only problem was I didn't learn anything from the movie...

The only plants I have ever been able to grow are plastic ones!
    LOL, the wife says I have a "brown thumb" in the garden. Unfortunately, she's right... Bc

Watched Athlete A on Netflix, about the USA Gymnastics scandal. Pretty disgusting. I've been watching USAG since 1996 so it was sad to see that many of these women were taken advantage of. Glad the story came out though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I’ve been browsing though HBO Max’s TCM collection looking for things to watch lately. Tonight we watched Volunteers (which was on the TCM section), a 1985 comedy starring Tom Hanks and John Candy. Despite the top notch stars leading the film, it really wasn’t very good. Not many laughs...Hanks and Candy do well with what they are given but it’s not strong material.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post

Well thats they're there for young'n.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Color Out of Space- I think Nic Cage found his niche genre, with this and Mandy, he seems to fit the roles perfectly. This movie is based off of a story from HP Lovecraft, if you like Sci-fi and dont know who that is, do you really like Sci-fi? Anyways, the visuals in this movie are fantastic and is definitely a very odd movie but i highly enjoyed it. Its definitely not for everyone but i think some movie goers in here could appreciate its creativity and insanity. Highly recommend. 7/10 Beers

The Banker (apple tv)- true story about two black dudes buying up real estate and banks during the late 50s early 60s, im sure you can see the problem there. Sam Jackson and Anthony Mackie are great together, not a huge mackie fan but he did awesome in this. definitely a good watch 7/10 Beers

Drink up