Page 436 of 880 FirstFirst ... 434435436437438 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,232 of 10552
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    There is a show on Netflix i think it was called Maniac with Emma Stone and Jonah Hill, some weird crazy shit. Fun watch.
    I'll check that out.

There's also a horror movie just called Maniac from 1980 that was remade in 2012 with Elijah Wood, which is weird too (par for the course for post-LOTR Elijah Wood, really). It's good if you have a strong stomach, pretty violent.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I have seen it, and of course, liked it because i'm a little messed up. I always get him and Daniel Radcliffe mixed up, but it reminded me of the movie Imperium which i thought was fantastic
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

I have seen it, and of course, liked it because i'm a little messed up. I always get him and Daniel Radcliffe mixed up, but it reminded me of the movie Imperium which i thought was fantastic
    I do the same. Both are famous for leading roles in huge franchises, they look a bit similar, both have more or less just starred in arthouse, weird stuff since the franchises concluded. Easy to mix the two up lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

4. Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Right now I’m watching Dark on Netflix.

A German show. Really wild.

A cross between Stranger Things, Lost, Back to the Future, Chernobyl and several other shows and movies.

You have to take good notes because it involves multiple time lines and time traveling, but it has a real cool dark and foreboding mood to it all.

5. Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    What is the most bizarre movie you watched?

...mine is Perfume
    Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors.

A Ukrainian movie made during the 1960s.

Can’t even begin to describe it. It’s as if you traveled to a foreign planet and watched whatever their people considered a “movie.”

It’s a completely foreign experience. A lot of folklore and Ukrainian mythology involved along with odd and sometimes literally dizzying camera work, coloring and angles.

But for all my confusion, I liked it a lot just because it was so unworldly and different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Right now I’m watching Dark on Netflix.

A German show. Really wild.

A cross between Stranger Things, Lost, Back to the Future, Chernobyl and several other shows and movies.

You have to take good notes because it involves multiple time lines and time traveling, but it has a real cool dark and foreboding mood to it all.
    Dark really interested me but the dubbed dialogue made it too cheesy for me. Definitely seems like an awesome show and hear nothing but great things about it.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    What is the most bizarre movie you watched?

...mine is Perfume
    Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain - Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmR0vi0ifzE
    Everything Jodorowsky does is weird, so you can't go wrong picking any movie of his. If you want something where you can dip your toe into his weird, watch Jodorowsky's Dune, which is about the version of Dune he was going to make before Lynch eventually did it.

Philip Ridley's The Passion of Darkly Noon - Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exLMMTmM8wc
    Ridley's Reflecting Skin is also weird, but I think Darkly Noon is weirder... I prefer Reflecting Skin though if choosing which is better.

Takeshi Miike's The Happiness of the Katakuris - Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIXyiJqMLJI
    Through a career of weird movies, this one stands out to me just for how well it mixes his penchant for the grotesque with the joy of a Disney musical.

Richard Stanley's The Dust Devil - Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VvVqHYIipM
    Color Out of Space, which Stanley came out with recently after decades of nothing, is plenty weird itself. But this one left an impression on me when I was younger. It stars Robert Burke, who is one of my favorite actors.

Kim Chapiron's Sheitan - Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwzDKwkwDgk
    One of my favorites out of the New French Extreme period, this one came off with a different tone than a lot of other movies from its genre. It's a lot more Polanski than stuff like High Tension or Inside, and Vincent Cassel gives a delightfully weird performance.

Cool Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

The Ritual (netflix)- I really liked this, it was right up my alley and i slept on it for awhile. Basically like Blair Witch with good camera work, dont want to say too much but if you like weird stuff i would check it out.

The Vanishing of Sidney Hall- Man, i thought this movie was fantastic. About a young talented writer and the process through his life and his struggles. It has a Good Will Hunting feel, Highly recommend this as well.
    "Hall" is a surprisingly good film and Logan Lerman gave an fine performance. He was also in the Brad Pitt film, "Fury" (which is the greatest World War II tank movie ever made).

Check out another Logan Lerman movie that is even better called, "Indignation" which is based on a Phillip Roth novel. Excellent, excellent film!

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    "Hall" is a surprisingly good film and Logan Lerman gave an fine performance. He was also in the Brad Pitt film, "Fury" (which is the greatest World War II tank movie ever made).

Check out another Logan Lerman movie that is even better called, "Indignation" which is based on a Phillip Roth novel. Excellent, excellent film!
    Lerman was also in the Amazon prime show The Hunt which was awesome. I'm definitely looking at more movies he's made.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"Brazil" is a great movie and the best movie Terry Gilliam ever made!
    Probably - but you have to admit it's weird.

"Brazil" is a great movie and the best movie Terry Gilliam ever made!
    Monty python and the holy grail says your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

Cool Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Probably - but you have to admit it's weird.
    Yep, it definitely was weird, but it also was a great movie!