Page 427 of 880 FirstFirst ... 425426427428429 ... LastLast
Results 5,113 to 5,124 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I will say – I was fairly disappointed with the follow up movie, El Camino.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Make sure you watch El Camino after you finish it for continuation and closure (you'll understand when you get to the end). Some people love it some people don't, I thought it was pretty good follow on.
    Thanks for the rec / commentary.

My wife watched Better Call Saul first. I caught some of it with her; only a few episodes, and not enough to track the storyline. But enough to recognize the quality.

I also watched Schindler’s List as I saw it scrolling through Netflix. Only the second time I’ve seen it and, while a great and important film, I’ll probably never watch it again. Watching the Krakow ghetto scene as an adult with the full understanding of what you are watching, and not as a young and dumb teen, is a whole different experience and it’s not pleasant. To say nothing of the rest of it.
    I caught Schindler's List at the AFI, a few months after it was in first-run theaters. Holy shit. A grueling experience. I mean: well done, obviously. But not something you want to watch multiple times.

An interesting comparison is that movie from a few years later, with Roberto Benigni: Life Is Beautiful. Another great one; probably more endurable for a re-watch (though I haven't re-watched it).

Breaking Bad is as good as TV gets, IMO. Make sure you watch El Camino after you finish it for continuation and closure (you'll understand when you get to the end). Some people love it some people don't, I thought it was pretty good follow on.
    I liked El Camino. I know a lot of people found it blah but it was basically just a two in one episode follow up. It was basically exactly what I was expecting. Bout time I watch it again

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Because someone asked me nicely. And why not?

Breaking Bad is one of the greatest series. Period.

I will say...I was fairly disappointed with the follow up movie, El Camino.
    Think it would be top 5 on everyone's list that's seen it.

Porbably top 3 for me with sopranos and the wire

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    actually watched this about a week ago. I was doing research on Devil based movies which is a genre I love but it's lacking drastically. Thought it was OK considering what it was, didn't hate it, didn't love it.

thank you kind sir

Relic- was better than I expected. Really creepy. I'd reccomend it for the horror genre as that's been lacking as well.

Tread (Netflix) - a documentary about the guy who turned a bull dozer into a tank and destroyed a town in the early 2000s. Crazy Interesting watch, do it.

Thanks Charles. These sound like two keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Thanks Charles. These sound like two keepers.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Think it would be top 5 on everyone's list that's seen it.

Porbably top 3 for me with sopranos and the wire
    I've grown to really appreciate Giancarlo Esposito. He became one of the most compelling, interesting sympathetic, formidable, frightening villains/anti-villains ever created. He's right up there next to Anthony Hopkin's Hannibal Lector. Not to take away from anyone else but when Gus Freen was on screen, he was commanding it. Johnathon Banks Mike Ehrmantraut was another one. That guy came a long way from his turn as a Beverly Hills Cop heavy. Really great when a guy finds his greatest success as an actor in his 60's and 70's. Does not happen a lot.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 08-04-2020 at 07:02 PM.

Back to the Future fans. Heck this out. Never seen this before and was kind of shocked. NSFW

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Thanks for the rec / commentary.

My wife watched Better Call Saul first. I caught some of it with her; only a few episodes, and not enough to track the storyline. But enough to recognize the quality.
    Better Call Saul is honestly right there with BB for me. The last season was amazing, that episode with Mike and Saul in the desert was incredible and then the later episode where Lalo visits Saul and Kim, holy shit so good.

Good move, moving this thread up here. We needed something until football picks up.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I've grown to really appreciate Giancarlo Esposito. He became one of the most compelling, interesting sympathetic, formidable, frightening villains/anti-villains ever created. He's right up there next to Anthony Hopkin's Hannibal Lector. Not to take away from anyone else but when Gus Freen was on screen, he was commanding it. Johnathon Banks Mike Ehrmantraut was another one. That guy came a long way from his turn as a Beverly Hills Cop heavy. Really great when a guy finds his greatest success as an actor in his 60's and 70's. Does not happen a lot.
    He was great in Revolution too. Unfortunate that NBC's questionable management of it ruined the show.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Disney is releasing the live action Mulan on Disney+ for $30. Probably not of interest to most of you, but I'll have to get it since my wife is a huge Disney fan. $30 seems like a lot but it's still a few bucks less than we would spend on our weekly theater trips prior to COVID.

Hopefully this will do well and lead to a release of Black Widow on the platform as well since I don't see theaters here locally being open for some time to come.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52