Page 2 of 655 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 7858
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    56,659
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Man in the high castle was an awesome premise. Now that I don't have a baby in the room when watching TV, will need to give it a shot again. At that point it had too much dynamic range.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    I found the first 4-5 episodes to be very dry. Took me a bit to get into it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  2. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    56,659
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    I liked the first couple of seasons of Walking Dead, but it just got so repetitive. They jumped the shark. Either kill everyone or find a cure already.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  3. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    56,659
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    If you want to watch a weird show, check out The OA. A friend recommended it to me because I think aliens and ghosts and shit like that is pretty cool.

    What a bizarre show. It just drags on and on and then at the end youre like wtf did I just watch?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.





  4. #16

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post

    Did you ever see Sunshine? It's another space movie (also written by Alex Garland) that feels like it doesn't get its due.
    .
    I briefly remember forgetting about it. I watched and it just didn't do it for me. Another great one is Moon with Sam Rockwell and the voice of Kevin Spacey. Speaking of Spacey, K-PAX and American Beauty, great watches.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

    Entourage, Turn, Stranger Things was awesome, Narcos, Man in the High Castle, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Man in the high castle was an awesome premise. Now that I don't have a baby in the room when watching TV, will need to give it a shot again. At that point it had too much dynamic range.

    Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    The concept of The Man in the High Castle was so good, I feel they under delivered and it just felt very dry. I think they could have done so much more.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Definitely. Cobra, Copland, Rambo, Rocky...hell, I even enjoyed The Expendables.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just watched a youtube video on the making of that movie, some very interesting tidbits in there. They wanted to kill Rambo at the end is probably the most crazy one. Stallone is the one who said that shouldn't happen. He was big into fight for Vietnam Vets and everything and his theory was that it would show that the vets are basically just waking to die and there is nothing else in life for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I liked the first couple of seasons of Walking Dead, but it just got so repetitive. They jumped the shark. Either kill everyone or find a cure already.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would be more intrigued on watching a spinoff all about Neegan. Its the same shit every season: Heres are plan, don't do this. One person does the one thing not to do, people die.





  5. #17

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    I really enjoyed some of the off beat Hulu TV shows.

    The Path is a interesting show about some relatively harmless fictional cult with a few plot twists that seems odd at first but sucks you in

    The Handmaids tale is very good for people who arent overly religious or come from a religious background but dont practice very often. An Interesting take on religious fundamentalism during crisis
    Burn it down





  6. #18

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I really enjoyed some of the off beat Hulu TV shows.

    The Path is a interesting show about some relatively harmless fictional cult with a few plot twists that seems odd at first but sucks you in

    The Handmaids tale is very good for people who arent overly religious or come from a religious background but dont practice very often. An Interesting take on religious fundamentalism during crisis
    The Path was interesting, one of those that just keeps going deeper and takes you with it, reminded me of Lost in a way.

    I havent ever watched Handmaids Tale, tried but just wasnt interested it seemed

    White Famous is a pretty funny show, 25 minute episodes, something nice just for a quick watch.





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    below the Mason Dixon Line
    Posts
    788

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Definitely. Cobra, Copland, Rambo, Rocky...hell, I even enjoyed The Expendables.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am with ya, man. I enjoy Stallone's flicks, too. I love Cobra and enjoy all the Rocky movies; however, my favorite one with him acting is "Nighthawks." Have you ever seen that one?





  8. #20

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Some new shows that im looking into checking out, let me know if anyone has seen some

    The Young Pope- looks like a religious house of cards

    Top of the Lake- some type of mystery crime thriller

    The Missing- girl goes missing, shows up years later, mysterious answers about her being missing





  9. #21

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Finally got around to watching Bone Tomahawk last night and really enjoyed it. It's a brutal western with Kurt Russell and a few other people.

    This was written and directed by S. Craig Zahler who also made the recent Brawl in Cell Block 99 with Vince Vaughn, which I am now excited to see.

    If that wasn't enough to set this guy as an up and coming tough guy flick maestro... his film coming out next year is Dragged Across Concrete. Dragged. Across. Concrete. I can't imagine a pulpier title. And the write up on this movie boils down to this... Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn play cops who are suspended when a video surfaces of them strong arming a suspect. Needing money, they try their hands at playing in the underworld but find themselves in over their heads.

    Dragged Across Concrete! My new 3rd most anticipated movie of 2018 after Black Panther and Shane Black's Predator movie.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk





  10. #22

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Some new shows that im looking into checking out, let me know if anyone has seen some

    The Young Pope- looks like a religious house of cards

    Top of the Lake- some type of mystery crime thriller

    The Missing- girl goes missing, shows up years later, mysterious answers about her being missing
    S1 was outstanding.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

    Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

    @BigPlayReceiver





  11. #23

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    High Castle is very good. The female lead annoyed the hell outta me in S1, but she's much less wimpy in S2.

    The scene in S2 when [redacted] takes over the Reich was one of the most powerful scenes I can ever remember--at the top of the "Wow!" scale with GOT's The Massacre at Hardhome IMO. The guy who plays [redacted] masters his role. Such an evil MFer, that [redacted].


    Mindhunter (NF): Very good IMO. Based on a true story of how the FBI developed its methods for understanding sequence/serial killers.

    The Expanse (SyFy and Amazon): Great if you like a little interplanetary conspiracy mixed in with your Sci-Fi. Good character development. S3 is scheduled for early 2018.

    American Horror Story (FX, NF and Amazon): S1 (Murder House) and S2 (Asylum) is some of the best TV I've ever seen. Creepy. Original. Great twists. I can't get into S3 (The Coven). S5 (?) (Hotel), Ep1 was so awfully stupid--no need to go further on S5 for me.

    Taboo (FX and Amazon): One man (with help from and a band of degenerates) takes on the mighty East India Company in 1814 London. Features a very unusual character played by Thomas Hardy. He's an awful person, incredibly flawed, master manipulator, a friend to no one, but has an unique sense of justice. American politics and spy-mastery is at-play, with agents of The Crown, assassins, and common street-thuggery mixed in as well. Oh, almost forgot about the witchcraft and mysticism. In an age of original programming, Taboo is one of the most original programs out there. Very, very gritty. Early 19th century London was a very interesting place.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

    Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

    @BigPlayReceiver





  12. #24

    Re: The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Finally got around to watching Bone Tomahawk last night and really enjoyed it. It's a brutal western with Kurt Russell and a few other people.

    This was written and directed by S. Craig Zahler who also made the recent Brawl in Cell Block 99 with Vince Vaughn, which I am now excited to see.

    If that wasn't enough to set this guy as an up and coming tough guy flick maestro... his film coming out next year is Dragged Across Concrete. Dragged. Across. Concrete. I can't imagine a pulpier title. And the write up on this movie boils down to this... Mel Gibson and Vince Vaughn play cops who are suspended when a video surfaces of them strong arming a suspect. Needing money, they try their hands at playing in the underworld but find themselves in over their heads.

    Dragged Across Concrete! My new 3rd most anticipated movie of 2018 after Black Panther and Shane Black's Predator movie.

    Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    I got around to watching Brawl in Cell Block 99 and I loved it. Vince Vaughn is great as a big lumbering oaf with pummeling hams for fists. And he delivers a surprisingly touching performance on the drama side of things as well. It's in my top 5 of the year right now.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site