Page 832 of 853 FirstFirst ... 830831832833834 ... LastLast
Results 9,973 to 9,984 of 10230
  1. #9973
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    16,196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    This is terrible. I mean, kind of expected that but I had hope

    Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Potential to do something with these old "kids" characters is there but if it's just going to be a generic slasher with children's characters like this movie was then I'm not interested.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the mans preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  2. #9974

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    This is terrible. I mean, kind of expected that but I had hope

    Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Im curious as to why you had hope? I mean its a disgrace that they even thought to do something like that with these characters. You couldnt pay me to watch it.





  3. #9975
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    16,196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    I want to see them do Beauty and the Beast next. That's got some potential for a gothic horror. Pinocchio also.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the mans preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  4. Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    " You forgot the first rule of Mass Media Elliot! Give the people what they want!" Lol! James Bond to Media Mogul Elliot Carver.

    "For the next 5 years, it's a lot of flock going on! Lets go baby! Let's go, let's go!!

    -The "Franchise" Lamar Jackson





  5. #9977

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Im curious as to why you had hope? I mean its a disgrace that they even thought to do something like that with these characters. You couldnt pay me to watch it.
    I mean, I'm all about fucked up movies as most know here, especially one with a good story line. I could of wrote a better story than what this was. There was no story. I didn't expect some Oscar performance or screen play, but I always have hope for these weird movies. It was literally like any slasher movie.

    Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. - Bret Hart





  6. #9978

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I want to see them do Beauty and the Beast next. That's got some potential for a gothic horror. Pinocchio also.
    I'd be down for beauty and the beast, its public domain. So you saw Blood and Honey?

    Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. - Bret Hart





  7. #9979
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    16,196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    Saw John Wick 4 last night, was incredible to say the least. It's both more of what we've seen in the first 3 plus so so much more. An epic. New bar for action movies going forward. See this movie in theaters!!!!
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the mans preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  8. #9980
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    16,196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    Will also add I have 2 complaints with Wick 4, one is that 3 hours is just way too long for a movie with minimal dialogue and 3/4 of it being guys getting shot, stabbed, or otherwise maimed and killed. Fatigue set in at a certain point (near the very end...involving stairs...the person I went with saw it and just say "well, he's gonna kill a bunch of guys, i'll be back in a few" and went and smoked). I can immediately think of one scene that could have been cut down to reduce the run time. Other complaint is it's just too far into Fast and Furious territory with how unrealistic this is. I can suspend disbelief for a lot of this but when we have a regular human repeatedly falling off high things or getting literally thrown into moving cars and walking it off it is just too much for me. That said, these are really mild complaints and it's definitely a theater watch.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the mans preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  9. #9981

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    I'm not reading these yet as I have managed to go without watching more than 5 seconds of the trailer. Prolly gonna see it Thursday during the day, will report back

    Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. - Bret Hart





  10. #9982
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    16,196
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I'm not reading these yet as I have managed to go without watching more than 5 seconds of the trailer. Prolly gonna see it Thursday during the day, will report back

    Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    The most generic thing I can say is if you've liked the other three you'll definitely like this.
    back on twitter

    "Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the mans preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52





  11. #9983

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Will also add I have 2 complaints with Wick 4, one is that 3 hours is just way too long for a movie with minimal dialogue and 3/4 of it being guys getting shot, stabbed, or otherwise maimed and killed. Fatigue set in at a certain point (near the very end...involving stairs...the person I went with saw it and just say "well, he's gonna kill a bunch of guys, i'll be back in a few" and went and smoked). I can immediately think of one scene that could have been cut down to reduce the run time. Other complaint is it's just too far into Fast and Furious territory with how unrealistic this is. I can suspend disbelief for a lot of this but when we have a regular human repeatedly falling off high things or getting literally thrown into moving cars and walking it off it is just too much for me. That said, these are really mild complaints and it's definitely a theater watch.
    It has gotten more ridiculous with each installment. I still love it but I know what you mean about the thrill of the mass killing wearing off.

    Again, I will be renting that one on streaming for sure.





  12. #9984

    Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The most generic thing I can say is if you've liked the other three you'll definitely like this.
    I figured. In order 1-3-2

    Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. - Bret Hart





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site
var infolinks_pid = 3297965; var infolinks_wsid = 0; //->