Page 747 of 879 FirstFirst ... 745746747748749 ... LastLast
Results 8,953 to 8,964 of 10538

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Thats cool AF
    Pics are shitty, it's fucking amazing when the sun hits it. Getting an Ed Reed one made next

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

2. Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Another boring chapter of Mayans and they go.....

So far, I gotta say that "Nosedive" is my favorite episode of Black Mirror. It pretty much describes how today's society is with trying to be "online influencers" or making fake ass staged videos hoping to go viral. Gotta boost that online popularity. ;)

Obviously all of that doesn't give us an overall rating like in the show, but it's pretty much how people seem to try to live online. They do all that hard work to get that popularity up to become "influencers" and 1 little mistake made can cause all kinds of unsubscribers. (I'm looking at you cancel culture) I guess the closest thing to the reality of having an overall score that affects how you live would obviously be $ and a credit score. A bad overall rating in the show means you can't get the finer things in life and get rejected by others that feel you aren't on the same level with their social status. That shit definitely happens in the real world.

I haven't really found an episode yet that I didn't like. Just started Season 3 and with this episode it's the one that I feel closely relates to actual life today, so it stuck out more than the others. They are all fucked up in their own ways though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Better Call Saul mid-season finale was excellent... one of the best episodes of the Breaking Bad/Saul universe. Sucks that there are only 6 more episodes. They are really killing people off this year but I guess they had to since a number of these guys weren't around in BB.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Better Call Saul mid-season finale was excellent... one of the best episodes of the Breaking Bad/Saul universe. Sucks that there are only 6 more episodes. They are really killing people off this year but I guess they had to since a number of these guys weren't around in BB.

I need to start watching that again. Didn't Bob Odenkirk have a heart attack recently?

Is anyone excited for either Stranger Things or Kenobi coming out today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoy the Stranger Things universe/series as it takes place in the 80s/is infused with 80's nostalgia.

I'll probably check out Kenobi but don't really get excited about the Disney series/spinoffs. I have not found any of them except Mandalorian that good/compelling.

I feel like I've been so dissapointed by the new Star Wars offerings so many times in the last couple of decades that it's hard to get that hyped about them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I need to start watching that again. Didn't Bob Odenkirk have a heart attack recently?
    He collapsed during filming some months ago, not sure if it was a heart attack or not but definitely something. I love the show and think it's only gotten better over the years, in some aspects better than Breaking Bad for me personally. Definitely gets my highest recommendation for anyone who either hasn't watch or stopped watching at some point. It's really good.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Is anyone excited for either Stranger Things or Kenobi coming out today?

I stayed up to watch Kenobi when it came out at 12AM. I thought the first two episodes were good.

Going to watch Stranger Things but with it being movie length episodes and having a young child it's going to take me a couple of weeks to watch it all now lol
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I enjoy the Stranger Things universe/series as it takes place in the 80s/is infused with 80's nostalgia.

I'll probably check out Kenobi but don't really get excited about the Disney series/spinoffs. I have not found any of them except Mandalorian that good/compelling.

I feel like I've been so dissapointed by the new Star Wars offerings so many times in the last couple of decades that it's hard to get that hyped about them.
    The book of Boba Fett was good too.
    Rogue One was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

I love the actor who plays Lalo. He has that crazy easy going smile on his face all while blowing someones brains out like its nothing.

This season has definitely made up for the first couple that were very slow in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    So far, I gotta say that "Nosedive" is my favorite episode of Black Mirror. It pretty much describes how today's society is with trying to be "online influencers" or making fake ass staged videos hoping to go viral. Gotta boost that online popularity. ;)

Obviously all of that doesn't give us an overall rating like in the show, but it's pretty much how people seem to try to live online. They do all that hard work to get that popularity up to become "influencers" and 1 little mistake made can cause all kinds of unsubscribers. (I'm looking at you cancel culture) I guess the closest thing to the reality of having an overall score that affects how you live would obviously be $ and a credit score. A bad overall rating in the show means you can't get the finer things in life and get rejected by others that feel you aren't on the same level with their social status. That shit definitely happens in the real world.

I haven't really found an episode yet that I didn't like. Just started Season 3 and with this episode it's the one that I feel closely relates to actual life today, so it stuck out more than the others. They are all fucked up in their own ways though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    That's a good one! Have you gotten to shut up and dance!?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk