Page 641 of 880 FirstFirst ... 639640641642643 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,692 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Some stuff I've watched recently, all of which except Leviathan and Europa Report I've seen before -

Stargate - I didn't like this movie as a kid, and I didn't really like it as an adult watching it for the first time in like 25 years.
    I Still Know What You Did Last Summer - late 90's tropey slasher horror, worth watching for JLH and not much else.
    Urban Legend 2 - see above, the first one is decent enough, this sucks.
    Red Planet - this was also not very good, pretty boring.
    Leviathan - basically an inferior version of Alien set underwater, it was okay, nothing special.
    Europa Report - pretty good space movie about a trip to Jupiter's moon that may have evidence of alien life, the narrative structure is kind of weird but overall it's good.
    Fargo - this is one of my favorite movies, I love it every time I watch it. Absolutely nothing bad to say about this one.

I have the Fargo blu ray but most of this I watched on Tubi or Pluto TV which are free streaming services I've been exploring recently.
    How dare you speak ill of Stargate!!!!
    Saw it for the first time when I was stationed at Fort Carson in Colorado 1994-1997. We had just done a tour of NORAD, so then seeing it as a filming location and location of the Stargate kind of set it up in my mind as a one of my favorites. Later, when we were back living in Maryland, we picked up the TV series. It was Sci-Friday for me and my wife and our toddler at the time. So yeah, it's campy and probably has not held up well over the years, but it's got a special place in my heart. Plus i was a huge Egyptian mythology nut back then, so that gave it another check mark from me. The guy that plays Ra was also the "woman" in The Crying Game. Those were his only 2 roles and then he quit acting.

Been on a recent sci-fi bender - some stuff I've seen, some I had not:

Oblivion - as much as I tend to not like Tom Cruise, I think he does well in the sci-fi genre. I like this movie alot. A moderate twist kept it interesting to the end. I think it has some of the coolest looking future tech I've seen in a movie and some other really good actors in it as well.

Edge of Tomorrow - keeping with Tom Cruise, I enjoyed this one as well. Love Emily Blunt in pretty much anything. Groundhog's Day on steroids, lol. Also, got a pretty decent video game vibe from it if you know what I mean.

Adjustment Bureau - my Amazon fire stick seems to collate my queue based on actors sometimes so Emily Blunt brought me here. Interesting concept - mix of fate and divine plan. My wife and I discussed this one for days because we had several moments before we officially met where we were in the same vicinity at the same time.

Event Horizon - graphics haven't aged well, but was still one of my favorite space horrors. When I was a younger man, this damn movie gave me nightmares.

Life - the space one, not the Eddie Murphy one, lol. If you'd like to spend 2 hours screaming at the TV "Why the fuck did you do that??!!" go ahead and queue this up.

Re-watched True Detective S2,S3, no spoilers

S2- I have said this for awhile, S2 gets shit on too much because it came right after S1, nobody wants to follow Michael Jordan, expectations are just too high. I really like it. Farrell was phenomenal, as was Vince Vaughn, i know a lot of people werent a fan of him in that role, but i thought he nailed it. This issue i think with S2 is that there were too many characters to really get close to anyone, other than Farrell. We did see McAdams struggles but it just wasnt a right feel, for me anyways. 8/10 for me

S3- I might get a lot of heat for this. In no way am i knocking performances, Dorff and Ali killed their parts and the story was pretty good, i just didnt have any character i gave a shit about. Wayne Hays was a shitty husband and just an asshole all the time, at least Cohle would say outlandish crazy shit that was hilarious to me while he was being dead serious. Dorff was the saving grace for me, his character didnt get enough time. I just got annoyed with Hayes, i actually live in the city Hayes does. so 6/10, will prolly watch again in a couple of years, but no hurry to
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Anybody else watch game shows? I usually watch Wheel and Jeopardy every day and can watch Shark Tank for hours.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Anybody else watch game shows? I usually watch Wheel and Jeopardy every day and can watch Shark Tank for hours.
    "Martin: Well, Duke cancelled out on me. You can have the TV in an hour. I just want to watch my game show.
    Frasier: Oh, Dad, please, not a game show.
    Martin: Hey, I happen to like it, all right? People bring in all their junk from the attics and these experts tell them what it's worth.
    Frasier: Are you talking about The Antiques Roadshow?
    Martin: Yeah.
    Frasier: Well, that's the program Niles and I are going to watch.
    Niles: I'll just check outside and see if the world has ended."

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    How dare you speak ill of Stargate!!!!
    Saw it for the first time when I was stationed at Fort Carson in Colorado 1994-1997. We had just done a tour of NORAD, so then seeing it as a filming location and location of the Stargate kind of set it up in my mind as a one of my favorites. Later, when we were back living in Maryland, we picked up the TV series. It was Sci-Friday for me and my wife and our toddler at the time. So yeah, it's campy and probably has not held up well over the years, but it's got a special place in my heart. Plus i was a huge Egyptian mythology nut back then, so that gave it another check mark from me. The guy that plays Ra was also the "woman" in The Crying Game. Those were his only 2 roles and then he quit acting.
    My main experience with Stargate is accidentally renting it for snes. Was a fun game though.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    "Martin: Well, Duke cancelled out on me. You can have the TV in an hour. I just want to watch my game show.
    Frasier: Oh, Dad, please, not a game show.
    Martin: Hey, I happen to like it, all right? People bring in all their junk from the attics and these experts tell them what it's worth.
    Frasier: Are you talking about The Antiques Roadshow?
    Martin: Yeah.
    Frasier: Well, that's the program Niles and I are going to watch.
    Niles: I'll just check outside and see if the world has ended."
    haven't seen that one in ages but like it too. And Cash Cab!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    haven't seen that one in ages but like it too. And Cash Cab!
    Think peacock has the whole series of both Cheers and Frasier.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

don't really like either of those just the gameshows

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

I loved "Frasier", especially the early seasons where Niles continuously lusted after Daphne.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Loki has been awesome. I've enjoyed all the Marvel shows so far but this is probably the best one for me.

Per usual, I'm behind and just got back into handmaid's tale now that I have Hulu again. Very well done but man if it isn't my nightmare as a woman!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk