Page 705 of 880 FirstFirst ... 703704705706707 ... LastLast
Results 8,449 to 8,460 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I hate artsy type movies. I just have no patience for that shit.

Recently just saw trailer for Ray Donovan movie coming out in January.

Recently saw trailer for Jack Reacher TV series coming in February. Looks pretty good. THe lead actor has the size for the character, he was on the TV show Titans I watched with my son. Lousy show but he was ok in it as Hawk.

He has a sarcastic type Ryan Reynold stich to him. He might do ok as a lead but I have never seen him in much else
    It depends on what you consider artsy. A lot of people would say all Indie pics are artsy but there are some that are really good.

I think more than I hate artsy films are ones that sellout to the least common denominator and ruin any chance they might have been to be more powerful by veering off the typical Hollywood formula.

I think the 6th Day by Arnold Schwarzenegger is a good example. Instead of sacrificing himself to save his clone at a pivotal point at the end of the movie they both end up living and I just thought it was so stupid. It ended with them chatting.

Blog Entries

A24 has made me love artsy movies. The Witch, Midsommar, Hereditary, The Lighthouse, Saint Maud, The Green Knight, etc. Just to name a few. I love them.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    A24 has made me love artsy movies. The Witch, Midsommar, Hereditary, The Lighthouse, Saint Maud, The Green Knight, etc. Just to name a few. I love them.
    Then you might like it, but I wanted to walk out of my own house it was that bad

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Then you might like it, but I wanted to walk out of my own house it was that bad

😂😂😂😂

Blog Entries

Prolly won't watch it if you didn't like it since we often share the same taste in movies, one thing all the movies I named have in common is some tinge of horror, unless the one you watched is supposed to be scary? lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Prolly won't watch it if you didn't like it since we often share the same taste in movies, one thing all the movies I named have in common is some tinge of horror, unless the one you watched is supposed to be scary? lol.
    It's just weird, has something to about pandemic shit.

I still haven't watched Lighthouse though

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Watched Ethan Hawke's new movie Zero and Ones and it might be one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Idk what I just watched. Some weird artsy shit show

Lol, I did not see this post Charles. Ethan Hawk, lol. He was good in Training Day and Gattaca. I thought he was good in that horror movie Sinister.

It would not surprise me one bit if he was in a stinker though. Guy is hit or miss and I can see him being in an artsy fartsy dud of a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Lol, I did not see this post Charles. Ethan Hawk, lol. He was good in Training Day and Gattaca. I thought he was good in that horror movie Sinister.

It would not surprise me one bit if he was in a stinker though. Guy is hit or miss and I can see him being in an artsy fartsy dud of a movie.
    He was also good in Lord of War.

I can't even explain why this movie is weird, I want someone else to watch it and see what they think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

It's just weird, has something to about pandemic shit.

I still haven't watched Lighthouse though

I can't say whether you'll like it or not, it's a very unique movie, but you will know pretty quick whether you'll like it or not. I just love it because of how entertaining Pattinson and Dafoe are.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

I got tickets to see the new Spider Man in theaters next Thursday. It'll be my first time back in theater since I believe Black Widow. I am not a Spider Man fan at all, in fact I more or less dislike both of the Spider Man MCU movies, but with Doctor Strange being in it, hell yes I'm going opening night.
    back on twitter

Blog Entries

I also just finished S3 of BCS, Jimmy turning all that old lady's friends on her to get her to settle the Sandpiper thing has to be one of the cruelest things ever put to TV. And reminds me why, despite generally rooting for him, Jimmy is a really bad person.
    back on twitter