Page 489 of 880 FirstFirst ... 487488489490491 ... LastLast
Results 5,857 to 5,868 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Watched a movie called crash pad. Comedy
    Cast is nothing great, Christina Applegate, guy who played the sandman in Spider-Man but it’s not bad.

It’s about couple who split up over an affair but it has like an old school type feel to it.

The red head actor is funny . It’s worth a watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Who's watching tonight?

back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Who's watching tonight?

I have spoken.

OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Who's watching tonight?

First episode was awesome.

The actor they chose to be town Marshall and to wear boba get armour was great casting choice. I knew who it was just from his walk and stance.
    Don’t want to ruin it for anyone.

There is also a very familiar voice people will recognize on another character

The final clip looks like fan favorite is still alive so that was cool.

Wish every episode was released at once.

Blog Entries

You guys know I’m just not a big TV or movie guy but The Queens Gambit is riveting. Really well done

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You guys know I’m just not a big TV or movie guy but The Queens Gambit is riveting. Really well done
    Yeah right? What a grace note having a character and actor normally reserved to be typecast creep/villain have an arc that makes him a redeemed/human character? (Beltik).

I am on a late night install/launch work call and had to stop watching, lol. Great series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I really enjoyed it. It's adapted from a novel written nearly 40 years ago by Walter Tevis, the same guy who wrote The Hustler, The Color of Money and The Man Who Fell to Earth, all of which were also turned into films.

So it's fictional, but also clearly inspired by Bobby Fischer's story--US champ at 14 and then beating Borris Spassky in 1972 at age 20 to become World Champ. Fischer suffered from mental health issues, also a thread in the book.

RIP Sean Connery.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We were a few episodes into Queens Gambit, both really like it. Somehow wife got us sidetracked catching up on Outlander.
    We only have prime & Netflix but get a streaming package for holiday season and winter months. Choose Philo this year and added the Starz package and once she saw that were off.

"Find #20 on every play"

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    We were a few episodes into Queens Gambit, both really like it. Somehow wife got us sidetracked catching up on Outlander.
    We only have prime & Netflix but get a streaming package for holiday season and winter months. Choose Philo this year and added the Starz package and once she saw that were off.

I tried giving Outlander a shot. I couldn't stay awake for the first few episodes so I gave up. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I tried giving Outlander a shot. I couldn't stay awake for the first few episodes so I gave up. Lol

We tend to watch a lot of historical/ period dramas. It’s pretty good but like most series it’s best seasons are the first few.

"Find #20 on every play"

Finished Queen’s Gambit, and although there isn’t a ton to rank it against this year, it was one of the best things I watched. Won’t give any details, but just because something is predictable it doesn’t make it any less rousing.

Then I started watching ‘The Devil That You Know’ and turned it off after 30 minutes. Movies that make you feel that dirty for the sake of shock value isn’t really my thing. Had a good cast though, but they were reprehensible filth as characters.