Page 5 of 878 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Anyone watched Dark on Netflix yet? Seems intriguing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just started the first episode. 20 mins in. Ill get back to ya.

Edit* First episode done, im intrigued for sure. Its set in a German town, so its dubbed in English so some mouth movements are off, gives it a weird feel. Has a dark, mysterious, Stranger Things feel so far. Ill be back for episode 2 review
    Last edited by usmccharles; 12-06-2017 at 06:07 AM.

I cant explain how excited i am for this movie

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I cant explain how excited i am for this movie

I thought I posted the French trailer for this in some thread a while back, but maybe that was on another site.

I lost my shit the first time there was a hint of hammer fight.

There have been a few other good hammer fights recently, in Oldboy (and the American remake), The Raid 2, and Drive.

Someday I hope to see a movie where a hammer fight features 2 people with hammers fighting each other instead of one person with hammers beating ass.

Bullet to the Head has come closest to that with its axe fight.

Also Lynne Ramsay, who directed this, also directed We Need to Talk About Kevin, which is about as emotionally brutal as this looks physically brutal. I think it's available streaming on Amazon prime.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    I thought I posted the French trailer for this in some thread a while back, but maybe that was on another site.

I lost my shit the first time there was a hint of hammer fight.

There have been a few other good hammer fights recently, in Oldboy (and the American remake), The Raid 2, and Drive.

Someday I hope to see a movie where a hammer fight features 2 people with hammers fighting each other instead of one person with hammers beating ass.

Bullet to the Head has come closest to that with its axe fight.

Also Lynne Ramsay, who directed this, also directed We Need to Talk About Kevin, which is about as emotionally brutal as this looks physically brutal. I think it's available streaming on Amazon prime.

I might of posted the trailer when I first made this thread or maybe that was on purpleflock.com. Don't get on there much anymore.

Also, Tarantino and Abrams are talking about doing a Star Trek together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I saw The Disaster Artist last night. A must see for any fan of The Room. James Franco just disappears into Wiseau to the point where I forgot I wasn't watching the real Tommy. In general I don't care about awards, but I feel like Franco should be nominated for this.

I suppose it would also work for people who have never seen The Room, but have interest in general weirdness.

I saw The Disaster Artist last night. A must see for any fan of The Room. James Franco just disappears into Wiseau to the point where I forgot I wasn't watching the real Tommy. In general I don't care about awards, but I feel like Franco should be nominated for this.

I suppose it would also work for people who have never seen The Room, but have interest in general weirdness.

I know the premise of the movie, but I haven't seen The Room. So would even make much sense to watch Disaster Artist if you don't really don't understand any of it?

I know the premise of the movie, but I haven't seen The Room. So would even make much sense to watch Disaster Artist if you don't really don't understand any of it?
    I think it still works because the movie is still really about Tommy and Greg's relationship. You won't get the nostalgia factor, but I think it works as a dramedy regardless because Tommy is such a conundrum of a human being.

I think it still works because the movie is still really about Tommy and Greg's relationship. You won't get the nostalgia factor, but I think it works as a dramedy regardless because Tommy is such a conundrum of a human being.

I know it's considered by most to be the worst movie ever.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

If your into “SuperHero” or Comic Book shows ..Punisher on Netflix is pretty bad ass. Has the dude from Walking Dead as Punisher. Most violent series I’ve watched on there.

Also since it wasn’t listed ..if you haven’t seen John Wick....see it now. Then watch part 2. Awesome Awesome movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Also since it wasn’t listed ..if you haven’t seen John Wick....see it now. Then watch part 2. Awesome Awesome movies.

I was gonna ask about punisher... I liked the movie (the one with Travolta) but I'm. Not a fan of most comic book stuff that is too "out there" ie iron fist was just... Nope.

John Wick 1 was an instant favorite. 2 was good... But nothing like numerous 1 imo

I was gonna ask about punisher... I liked the movie (the one with Travolta) but I'm. Not a fan of most comic book stuff that is too "out there" ie iron fist was just... Nope.

John Wick 1 was an instant favorite. 2 was good... But nothing like numerous 1 imo

Punisher is a good watch. Just one season so far. Loved the movie with Travolta. Wick 1 was bad ass. 2 was good but yeah ..it’s a sequel.