Page 578 of 880 FirstFirst ... 576577578579580 ... LastLast
Results 6,925 to 6,936 of 10552
  1. Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by PalladinInNC View Post
    I’d move “True Grit” and “Miller’s Crossing” into the Greater Coen group and I’d move “A Serious Man” and “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs” out of it. And for “No Country...” I absolutely hated it and would move it to the lesser category.

And for those knocking “Grit” as just a lesser remake, wrong, wrong, wrong! And Wayne was just a parody of himself by then. Bridges was far better than him and that was the role he actually should have won his Oscar for.

As for Wayne, “Red River”, “She Wore a Yellow Ribbon” and “The Searchers” were his greatest roles and he should have won for “The Searchers” and it should have won best picture too!
    A Serious Man is probably the Coen work that got the most out of repeat viewing spare Lebowski.

Wasn't sold on it the first time around but every successive viewing after that it grew and grew in my opinion. Perhaps the 10 minute prologue was a bit much but everything in the main story itself is so artfully crafted. Michael Stuhlbarg absolutely kills it. (But anyone who's seen him in Boardwalk Empire and Your Honor would already know this.)

Buster Scruggs is a favorite of mine for the simple reason that it's literally six movies in one and thus serves as a great sample of the Coen's filmmaking from comedy to drama and everything in between.

It also has a True Grit callback in it. (A reference to "Grandma Turner" who was also a character in True Grit. I didn't realize this until my second viewing of True Grit.)

Blog Entries

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Watched a movie called Z on Shudder yesterday. It wasn't great, wasn't terrible, just kind of was...the trailer made it looks better than it was. In a nutshell, about a kid with an imaginary friend that isn't imaginary. I've watched worse but I won't be watching it again lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Watched a movie called Z on Shudder yesterday. It wasn't great, wasn't terrible, just kind of was...the trailer made it looks better than it was. In a nutshell, about a kid with an imaginary friend that isn't imaginary. I've watched worse but I won't be watching it again lol.
    Good to know, i actually have that on my IMDB list but ill remove it now. Im watching Officer Down right now, so far its just blah
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Good to know, i actually have that on my IMDB list but ill remove it now. Im watching Officer Down right now, so far its just blah
    Here to report, no, it was not good
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Here to report, no, it was not good
    That the one with Stephen "what the hell happened to me" Dorf?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    That the one with Stephen "what the hell happened to me" Dorf?
    Yea. It had potential but just seemed like it was trying to be ground breaking or something. Trying to get crazy with storylines

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Giving The Flight Attendant a go. I've liked Kaley Cuoco since 8 Simple Rules. BBT was good early on but got more and more unwatchable as it went on, so I'm glad to see her starring in something new. She was great as the voice of Harley Quinn in her animated show too, but that's different. Lol.

She is also an executive producer on the show.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I liked The Flight Attendant. I watched it pretty quickly - good murder mystery.

I just started the 3rd season of The Sinner. Next up for me will be Deadwood. Still have not seen it.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    I liked The Flight Attendant. I watched it pretty quickly - good murder mystery.

I just started the 3rd season of The Sinner. Next up for me will be Deadwood. Still have not seen it.
    Is the flight attendant a show or movie?

And I liked The Sinner S3, definitely went a way I didn't see coming

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Is the flight attendant a show or movie?

And I liked The Sinner S3, definitely went a way I didn't see coming

It's a show, only 1 season as of now. Think it was like 8 episodes. I watched it on HBO Max.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNest View Post
    It's a show, only 1 season as of now. Think it was like 8 episodes. I watched it on HBO Max.
    Sounds good

Finally watched Odd Thomas Movie last night.

Not sure what took me so long to see this but it was surprisingly good for not a great cast. The movie had a Constantine/ Frightners feel to it. I would have liked to have seen some sequels on this but sadly the lead actor died.

The two female actresses in this are smoking hot especially the Blonde. It has William Defoe who is the most known actor in it. It has a cool story line.

I liked the lead actor Anton Yelchin, sucks he died. Definitely worth a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Finally watched Odd Thomas Movie last night.

Not sure what took me so long to see this but it was surprisingly good for not a great cast. The movie had a Constantine/ Frightners feel to it. I would have liked to have seen some sequels on this but sadly the lead actor died.

The two female actresses in this are smoking hot especially the Blonde. It has William Defoe who is the most known actor in it. It has a cool story line.

I liked the lead actor Anton Yelchin, sucks he died. Definitely worth a watch.
    Never even heard of this movie. Yes the way he died was messed up