Page 450 of 880 FirstFirst ... 448449450451452 ... LastLast
Results 5,389 to 5,400 of 10552
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The last episode of TWD I watched was when they were rebuilding a bridge after the Neegan crazy season.
    Same, I stopped watching whatever season ended with Eugene sabotaging the Saviors guns and then Rick letting Negan live after slashing his throat. Just lost all interest at that point and Rick leaving the show shortly after sealed it for me.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The last episode of TWD I watched was when they were rebuilding a bridge after the Neegan crazy season.
    I have not liked the show since Ricks Departure. I loved this show for many years. I recall Season 1-Season 6 I was hooked, I looked forward to that show airing every week more than any show I have ever been invested in since I was a kid. It was great while it lasted but the writing took a major downward turn.

They killed off the best characters and its time for it to end. But now they have two spin off shows, and a 3rd apparently on the way along with movies supposedly.

Some people blame Jeffrey Dean Morgan version of Negan, but I blame the shows writing and direction.

The Social Dilemma

This is a documentary on Netflix about the intentionally addictive nature of the internet/social media. Some parts of it are eye-opening and heartbreaking. Some parts feel hyperbolic and forced.

Plus, watching something on Netflix that warns me of corporations not only suggesting my viewing behavior, but making it happen seems hypocritical. That's exactly what they do!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I have not liked the show since Ricks Departure. I loved this show for many years. I recall Season 1-Season 6 I was hooked, I looked forward to that show airing every week more than any show I have ever been invested in since I was a kid. It was great while it lasted but the writing took a major downward turn.

They killed off the best characters and its time for it to end. But now they have two spin off shows, and a 3rd apparently on the way along with movies supposedly.

Some people blame Jeffrey Dean Morgan version of Negan, but I blame the shows writing and direction.
    It was definitely the writing, the show took the cruelness and such of Negan and the Saviors too far for a TV audience, and did so for the most part without the humor that made Negan well liked in the comic. They also made it drag on way too long when it was evident people weren't into it. Yes, you need a strong villain for the heroes to fight, but people were not into watching the people they had grown to love be abused for two full seasons before finally getting their payback.

I think they should have killed off Glenn and Abraham in the finale of Season 6 and not gone the cliffhanger route. The season starting with them getting beat to death set a bad tone for the rest of the season and it never worked.

The Governor arc was better, with a MUCH better conclusion.
    Last edited by Bhcforlife; 09-16-2020 at 11:31 AM.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    It was definitely the writing, the show took the cruelness and such of Negan and the Saviors too far for a TV audience, and did so for the most part without the humor that made Negan well liked in the comic. They also made it drag on way too long when it was evident people weren't into it. Yes, you need a strong villain for the heroes to fight, but people were not into watching the people they had grown to love be abused for two full seasons before finally getting their payback.

I think they should have killed off Glenn and Abraham in the finale of Season 6 and not gone the cliffhanger route. The season starting with them getting beat to death set a bad tone for the rest of the season and it never worked.

The Governor arc was better, with a MUCH better conclusion.
    I agree The Governor villian by far was the shows best. He had a way more evil feel to him. NEgan character atleast Jeffrey Dean Morgans was great in my opinion. But he is such a likeable actor its almost at a fault because he makes it impossible to hate him.

I think he was a good choice but he probably was not the best choice for the character. I think Jon Hamm would have been more evil vs likeable.

Whether it was intentional or not, the shows writing made Negan into a good guy and there is no turning back now. Maybe had they had the original story line of Rick going to him for help it may have turned out better but the show has become almost unwatchable at this point for me. I just want it to end.

They now have so many spinoffs they do not know what to do. Its not original anymore.

On a side note. Recently watched the 2016 movie Spotlight on Netflix. The movie was pretty good, great cast. Movie is about the early 2000 Church abuse scandals and cover ups.

Anyone seen Cobra Kai? Nostalgia is retry much all it has going for it but it is absolutely dripping with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Anyone seen Cobra Kai? Nostalgia is retry much all it has going for it but it is absolutely dripping with it...

I watched the first season and thought it was pretty fun and cool. I watched the first 15 minutes of the second season and the first fight scene was so cheesy i kind of lost interest but im sure i will give it a try again.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Been rewatching Dexter again, just started season 5 and its such a good show but good lord his sister, Debra (Jennifer Carpenter) is so fucking annoying. She is easily up there with Wendy and Skyler, but maybe worse. She's a cop and acts like a fucking child basically the entire time. Brutal.

The latest episode of Lovecraft Country was insane and had amazing special effects, i highly recommend the show, its fun. Has Omar Little in it
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Been rewatching Dexter again, just started season 5 and its such a good show but good lord his sister, Debra (Jennifer Carpenter) is so fucking annoying. She is easily up there with Wendy and Skyler, but maybe worse. She's a cop and acts like a fucking child basically the entire time. Brutal.

The latest episode of Lovecraft Country was insane and had amazing special effects, i highly recommend the show, its fun. Has Omar Little in it
    I love dexter. Michael c hall was great. Never seen him that good in any other role yet.

My wife had the same complaint with Jennifer carpenter character on the show. I for some reason really liked her. I always had celebrity crush on carpenter. I normally don’t go for the extremely skinny women but something about her I’ve always liked.

Pretty crazy she lost her marriage to Julia styles in real life and on a tv show.

But Julia styles is pretty hot too

Anyone watch the boys? Looks pretty interesting but haven’t seen it yet

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I love dexter. Michael c hall was great. Never seen him that good in any other role yet.

My wife had the same complaint with Jennifer carpenter character on the show. I for some reason really liked her. I always had celebrity crush on carpenter. I normally don’t go for the extremely skinny women but something about her I’ve always liked.

Pretty crazy she lost her marriage to Julia styles in real life and on a tv show.

But Julia styles is pretty hot too

Anyone watch the boys? Looks pretty interesting but haven’t seen it yet

Yea she's not my cup of tea, especially when she opens her mouth.

I highly recommend the Boyz. It's absolutely hilarious but also very well done. Comedy is similar to Deadpool, raunchy offensive greatness.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post

I started dexter recently for the first time and I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds his sister annoying

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I started dexter recently for the first time and I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds his sister annoying

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Annoying is an understatement. It only gets worse

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk