Page 429 of 880 FirstFirst ... 427428429430431 ... LastLast
Results 5,137 to 5,148 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Shameful admission: I haven't watched either the Sopranos or the Wire.

Watched episode 1 of each. Did not follow up on either.
    Jim - I have never seen either - or Breaking Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Winter Soldier is the best Marvel movie IMO and nothing else in the MCU is close for me, including IW and Endgame. Best fight scene in the MCU by far between Cap and Bucky on the street, best plot, twists, best overall acting, subjectively the best finale IMO (with Endgame). So much of what was to come was set up in that movie. I am a huge fan of the universe overall save for IM2, Cap 1, and the first two Thor movies.
    No, just no. Winter soldier is the worst of the captain America movies, easily.

We've actually been struggling to find good TV or at least TV that interests us since we finished The Office. We've been watching Jeopardy eating dinner but the one we watched the other day had a category titled "Ancient History: 1986" so I felt personally attacked and we've not watched since lol (not really but you can only watch so much Jeopardy).

This Is Us is supposedly still on schedule for a fall release but AHS was pushed to 2021. Haven't heard anything about Mayans MC so I'm assuming that's 2021 too. I no longer watch Walking Dead so don't care about that. Tried NOS4A2 but couldn't get into it. I guess we could catch up on Shameless but my interest fell off without Emmy Rossum. Suggestions? I don't like procedurals and not really in the mood for another sitcom after watching the entirety of The Office over a couple months.

Has anyone watched Dark or Slasher on Netflix, or Hannibal?
    Try The Boys on Amazon and binge watch first season. Shitts Creek on Netflix gets better every season and last season finale was the best.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    No, just no. Winter soldier is the worst of the captain America movies, easily.
    Absolutely not. Civil War is great but the first Captain America is by far the most boring movie to watch in the entire MCU.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Absolutely not. Civil War is great but the first Captain America is by far the most boring movie to watch in the entire MCU.
    First time I saw it I thought the same thing. I feel like it is actually better the second time you watch it though after seeing other movies involving that character. I thought the first Thor was boring as hell. Not a Natalie Portman fan.

It just goes to show that MCU is really an ensemble thing where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

These movies tend to suck in a vacuum.

Guardians of the Galaxy solved that problem by being an ensemble from the jump.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."

The whole premise of winter soldier (or twist if you want to call it) is ludicrous. Just plain dumb. It’s like hey let’s think of this grand plot, of and let’s make it 10 times that size and ridiculous

Blog Entries

I’m watching The Hitman’s Bodyguard again right now. I had recorded it earlier. I have seen this movie before, but am still enjoying it.

A TV show I have gotten hooked on is Yellowstone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Me neither, and they've been on my most watch list forever! So much good TV out there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Shame on you! Lmao.

Shameful admission: I haven't watched either the Sopranos or the Wire.

Watched episode 1 of each. Did not follow up on either.
    I have no words for you Ann Arbor. None.

My 11yo is making me watch Avatar with him on NFLX. Three seasons, animated. It's actually pretty good.

Not on NFLX, and I know you said no sitcoms, but buy this and watch it:

Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts was decent. Ended up watching the first season with my daughter when she got the flu the end of last year. They just came out with season 2.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I agree with you. I also loved Winter Soldier and thought it was one of the best Marvel movies made. Also Cap going through the ship in the beginning was a great scene that finally showcased his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    The whole premise of winter soldier (or twist if you want to call it) is ludicrous. Just plain dumb. It’s like hey let’s think of this grand plot, of and let’s make it 10 times that size and ridiculous
    The other thing with MCU is without humor the movies take themselves too seriously and are kind of dumb. You have to have humor and the chemistry that can only come from an ensemble of characters where you have some gifted comic actors like Hemsworth, Pratt, Batista etc. mixed in or it becomes unwatchable dreck.
    Last edited by Moe the Crow; 08-06-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    -"You are about to enter a world of pain."