Page 834 of 880 FirstFirst ... 832833834835836 ... LastLast
Results 9,997 to 10,008 of 10552

OT - The Movies/TV thread

Succession

Season 4 is starting soon and everyone was talking about this show. Clearly I missed the boat as I never saw it.

I know Scottish actor Brian Cox very well and he is family patriarch and all-around bully. The only other actor I knew was Matthew MacFayden and it’s weird to see him try comedy. He never ever does this in his British drama roles. He does an ok acting job, it’s just weird to me. I like him as an actor, I never saw him do this before

A media mogul and general tyrant has passed his asshole genes to his 4 children as they are all horrible too. Never has a show been written where 100% of the characters are unlikeable.

As a small example they tease a working class boy he will get one million dollars if he has a home run in a softball game. He gets tagged out at third base after a valiant effort and the cheque is ripped up in his face. These rich people wipe their ass with one million dollars

I liked most of Season One. Episodes 1-6 were about who would take over (hence the title ) but it went downhill for me. The episode in the nightclub was boring and episodes 8-9 were not much better. A dramatic ending in Episode 10

I started Season 2 but I just cannot keep with it

This show gets rave reviews so if you enjoy you are in the majority. Not for me though

It has been speculated whom the show is based on. An immigrant who is ruthless and has media with no scruples and would empty your trash to find secrets on you? I’ve heard Rupert Murdoch mentioned but probably true to say it’s isn’t one person. Maybe a combination of people

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Irish Raven; 03-30-2023 at 03:59 PM.

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    If you haven't been watching snowfall for the past couple years, you've been missing out. It's basically Breaking Bad with black people backed my historical facks

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Been on my list

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Succession

Season 4 is starting soon and everyone was talking about this show. Clearly I missed the boat as I never saw it.

I know Scottish actor Brian Cox very well and he is family patriarch and all-around bully. The only other actor I knew was Matthew MacFayden and it’s weird to see him try comedy. He never ever does this in his British drama roles. He does an ok acting job, it’s just weird to me. I like him as an actor, I never saw him do this before

A media mogul and general tyrant has passed his asshole genes to his 4 children as they are all horrible too. Never has a show been written where 100% of the characters are unlikeable.

As a small example they tease a working class boy he will get one million dollars if he has a home run in a softball game. He gets tagged out at third base after a valiant effort and the cheque is ripped up in his face. These rich people wipe their ass with one million dollars

I liked most of Season One. Episodes 1-6 were about who would take over (hence the title ) but it went downhill for me. The episode in the nightclub was boring and episodes 8-9 were not much better. A dramatic ending in Episode 10

This show gets race reviews so if you enjoy you are in the majority. Not foe me though

It has been speculated whom the show is based on. An immigrant who is ruthless and has media with no scruples and would empty your trash to find secrets on you? I’ve heard Rupert Murdoch mentioned but probably true to say it’s isn’t one person. Maybe a combination of people

I wanna see this one too

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

A Most Wanted Man

Philip Seymour Hoffman
    Rachael McCormack
    Daniel Bruhel
    William Dafoe

It was the amazing cast that made me stop and check this film out. Actually this was the last film
    made by Philip Seymour Hoffman who died before it was released

Set in Hamburg Germany and they say it was once one the great ports of the world open to all but now they have to watch everyone. Paraphrasing here

The main actors runs a secret German State anti-terror organisation. They don’t rush and arrest, instead they try to “turn” people and catch the bigger fish. There is a speech about fish which the very direct and literal German bureaucrat didn’t understand ha! German humour in action

It is a super cast and an interesting concept but I didn’t enjoy so much. It’s an ok watch. I certainly would not tell anyone not to try, you may love it. It was average for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Succession

This show gets rave reviews so if you enjoy you are in the majority. Not for me though

I think it's fantastic, very dry but I find it hilarious. They are all shits. I liked the earlier seasons of Billions more, much more. More discussion about finances which im big into

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    You want a good bad movie I suggest this one.

I bought this movie at an Ollie's years ago for like 2.99

In the so bad it's good category for me.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

If you haven't been watching snowfall for the past couple years, you've been missing out. It's basically Breaking Bad with black people backed my historical facks

The progression of Franklin Saint's character is remarkable. I'm watching the latest season now. Shit's wild.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The progression of Franklin Saint's character is remarkable. I'm watching the latest season now. Shit's wild.
    I love seeing this new Franklin. In the latest episode, there's a scene that's peolly my favorite in the entire series. Hopefully you catch up soon.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

I think it's fantastic, very dry but I find it hilarious. They are all shits. I liked the earlier seasons of Billions more, much more. More discussion about finances which im big into

I fully agree with you

For me Billions Seasons 1 & 2 were fantastic must watch TV.

I liked that much more than Succession ( though all should check out Succession as maybe you love it )

I fully agree with you

For me Billions Seasons 1 & 2 were fantastic must watch TV.

I liked that much more than Succession ( though all should check out Succession as maybe you love it )

Sadly Billions just doesn't hold My interest now, too many shows are just stringing along

Creed 3 wasn't that bad, the fight scenes are pretty good. Irs nothing special Though in my opinion

Blog Entries

Creed 3 wasn't that bad, the fight scenes are pretty good. Irs nothing special Though in my opinion

Creed III reminded me of Rocky III arc. Jonathan Majors was good in that.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh