Page 452 of 880 FirstFirst ... 450451452453454 ... LastLast
Results 5,413 to 5,424 of 10552

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I looked into moving to the Philippines when I was getting out of the Marines. I regret not doing it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't trust it. I sense the police is corrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I wouldn't trust it. I sense the police is corrupt
    This was years ago, but yea, i like to party so it wouldn't have ended well

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Was making a joke about the many outlandish women we often see on deployments
    Hey man if you’ve been to Korea some of the women will make your jaw drop but come to find out they aren’t women!!...an no I did not find out the hard way lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Now that we have football this thread took some looking

Started Haunting of Hill House last night. Odd

Will watch a couple episodes and decide

Thanks for plug
    TBH the first few episodes were kinda boring to me... it picks up mid season

Though my brand of horror is more realistic so that could be it as well

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I didn't like Haunting of Hill House. Social media has a bad habit of hyping things up to be far scarier than they actually are and I got caught up in it with that one. Usually when I go into something expecting it to be scary, and it's not, it just feels like a letdown to me, and that happened here. The best part for me was the episode that they cut to make it look like one long take. I love when that is done well, like 1917 or Silent House (which wasn't really a great movie, but it's shot well).

I am in the minority though, I know most people loved it.

For a family drama with supernatural elements, Hereditary is my suggestion.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I didn't like Haunting of Hill House. Social media has a bad habit of hyping things up to be far scarier than they actually are and I got caught up in it with that one. Usually when I go into something expecting it to be scary, and it's not, it just feels like a letdown to me, and that happened here. The best part for me was the episode that they cut to make it look like one long take. I love when that is done well, like 1917 or Silent House (which wasn't really a great movie, but it's shot well).

Thank you...i thought it was weird that I didn't find it scary

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Thank you...i thought it was weird that I didn't find it scary

It's always the Netflix stuff that gets hyped up beyond belief. I remember when that movie Veronica came out and reading on social media about how people couldn't finish it or it made them sick or whatever and then you watch and it's like...okay...where's the scares?

I came to the realization that ghost/spirit type stuff just doesn't scare me. I think we talked about this before in the thread. Something based in reality, that could really happen, that is what can scare me or I dunno if I really get scared at this point, but unsettle me. The Strangers, for example - based in reality, could/has actually happened, quite unnerving and stressful to watch. Honestly The Strangers is probably the pinnacle of modern slasher/horror films to me. I feel like I talk about it every time we talk scary movies and with good reason lol. If you watched that for the first time and didn't tense up at various points, you got some ice water running through your veins. Here I've gone off topic again talking about it lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

It's always the Netflix stuff that gets hyped up beyond belief. I remember when that movie Veronica came out and reading on social media about how people couldn't finish it or it made them sick or whatever and then you watch and it's like...okay...where's the scares?

I came to the realization that ghost/spirit type stuff just doesn't scare me. I think we talked about this before in the thread. Something based in reality, that could really happen, that is what can scare me or I dunno if I really get scared at this point, but unsettle me. The Strangers, for example - based in reality, could/has actually happened, quite unnerving and stressful to watch. Honestly The Strangers is probably the pinnacle of modern slasher/horror films to me. I feel like I talk about it every time we talk scary movies and with good reason lol. If you watched that for the first time and didn't tense up at various points, you got some ice water running through your veins. Here I've gone off topic again talking about it lol.
    I'm similar which is why Birdbox and The Silence were really good because it's so relative to this damn pandemic. wear a mask...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I too am not as scared by ghosts and supernatural stuff. Give me realistic horror any day of the week. I'll have to check out Strangers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm similar which is why Birdbox and The Silence were really good because it's so relative to this damn pandemic. wear a mask...
    Oh yeah, I enjoyed both of those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I too am not as scared by ghosts and supernatural stuff. Give me realistic horror any day of the week. I'll have to check out Strangers.

It's so good. The iconic dialogue from it "Why are you doing this?"..."Because you were home"...chilling to think about.

back on twitter

Oh yeah, I enjoyed both of those as well.

It's so good. The iconic dialogue from it "Why are you doing this?"..."Because you were home"...chilling to think about.

Psychological horror... that sounds like what I enjoy.

Ever see Funny Games? Seems like a similar movie

Uggh... I really dislike Hereditary. It's great for about 100 minutes and then it's like... if Ari Aster was Luke Skywalker in New Hope, and he's about to fire and blow up the death star, but instead pulls out a blaster and shoots himself in the dick, crashes, and then his charred remains shit itself. And then on top of that there's some lazy ass narration telling you what happened like you're a dum dum.

I loved Midsommar tho.