Page 480 of 878 FirstFirst ... 478479480481482 ... LastLast
Results 5,749 to 5,760 of 10535

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Couple recent watches

The Fanatic- Any of you guys remember the movie The Fan with DeNiro and Snipes? It was awesome. This is basically the same concept but instead of a baseball player its a movie actor and the guy playing the crazy person is John Travolta. The premise is awesome as i really liked The Fan, but one kicker with this one is that Travolta's character is slow...as in mentally challenged. And the guy he basically stalks for some reason just wont sign something for him and he freaks out. I mean, anyone could see the dude is slow and he just treats him like shit. Its basically like if Simple Jack was real. Oh, its made by Fred Durst too. Yes that Fred Durst. Its not good.

Mothman Prophecies- Havent seen it in years, its just ok to me.

Borat- I tried watching it, but this humor has never been my thing. I dont view it the same as Anchorman humor. And that voice, too much. I made it about 30 mins

Zombieland 2- Just some good fun, not too serious, cool take on Zombie stuff

Lovecraft Country
    - Very weird stuff. Very well done, cool affects, but definitely is out there. If you know anything about HP Lovecraft then you already know, if not and you like weird sci fi give it a shot

Ratched- Right now this is the best thing im watching. Crazy stories that intertwine and some fucked up shit going on, i highly recommend it. Netflix
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Couple recent watches

The Fanatic- Any of you guys remember the movie The Fan with DeNiro and Snipes? It was awesome. This is basically the same concept but instead of a baseball player its a movie actor and the guy playing the crazy person is John Travolta. The premise is awesome as i really liked The Fan, but one kicker with this one is that Travolta's character is slow...as in mentally challenged. And the guy he basically stalks for some reason just wont sign something for him and he freaks out. I mean, anyone could see the dude is slow and he just treats him like shit. Its basically like if Simple Jack was real. Oh, its made by Fred Durst too. Yes that Fred Durst. Its not good.

Borat- I tried watching it, but this humor has never been my thing. I dont view it the same as Anchorman humor. And that voice, too much. I made it about 30 mins

Lovecraft Country
    - Very weird stuff. Very well done, cool affects, but definitely is out there. If you know anything about HP Lovecraft then you already know, if not and you like weird sci fi give it a shot

Ratched- Right now this is the best thing im watching. Crazy stories that intertwine and some fucked up shit going on, i highly recommend it. Netflix
    I usually really like Sarah Paulson so thanks for recommending Ratched. I admittedly do let Rotten Tomatoes influence my decision making sometimes, and Ratched is right in that middle dead zone. Even if it starts slow or you don’t like it right away stuff like this you usually have to give a fair chance. I’ll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I usually really like Sarah Paulson so thanks for recommending Ratched. I admittedly do let Rotten Tomatoes influence my decision making sometimes, and Ratched is right in that middle dead zone. Even if it starts slow or you don’t like it right away stuff like this you usually have to give a fair chance. I’ll check it out.
    Understandable. I can honestly say i have never even looked at Rotten Tomatoes, i normally just go through IMDB when i find a title that looks interesting to get a quick rundown. Ill check out some user reviews but in the end i just decide on my own, i have watched plenty of low rated movies that i actually like, but it in the end we all have different taste. I dont think you will be disappointed at all with Ratched.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Understandable. I can honestly say i have never even looked at Rotten Tomatoes, i normally just go through IMDB when i find a title that looks interesting to get a quick rundown. Ill check out some user reviews but in the end i just decide on my own, i have watched plenty of low rated movies that i actually like, but it in the end we all have different taste. I dont think you will be disappointed at all with Ratched.
    OK I added it to my list, then went to IMBD to check reviews and they're all one star ;-)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7423538...ws?ref_=tt_urv

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    OK I added it to my list, then went to IMBD to check reviews and they're all one star ;-)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7423538...ws?ref_=tt_urv
    Guess i should of also stated if i watch a trailer and like it, i normally stop it as soon as im sold and just start watching.

Oh! My wife & I really enjoyed #1.

Rule #1: Cardio!
    Rule #2: Double tap!

Can't tell you how often she yells "Double tap!" when we're watching another movie, and it looks like the good guys have the main baddy down.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

Rule #1: Cardio!
    Rule #2: Double tap!

Can't tell you how often she yells "Double tap!" when we're watching another movie, and it looks like the good guys have the main baddy down.
    She's a keeper! Obviously since you married her

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Which is impressive because, though my wife loves zombie movies, I fucking hate them. Has to have a twist, for me to like them. Like Zombieland, or Shaun of the Dead. Even World War Z.

In the past few months we've watched these two, that I really enjoyed:

The Girl With All The Gifts
    Amazing! Post-zombie apocalypse London, a team of researchers are working on a group of infected zombie children who nevertheless retain the ability to think & speak. The researchers are trying to synthesize a vaccine from the kids.

#Alive
    Korean zombie flick, a video-gaming live-streamer dude is trapped in his apartment in Seoul during a zombie apocalypse.

Oh, and of course Train to Busan is terrific. Are Korean filmmakers just excellent at zombie movies?

She's a keeper! Obviously since you married her
    I'm not all the way dumb.

Couple recent watches

Lovecraft Country

Starting Ratched now!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Starting Ratched now!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Just finished it. I liked it. I think you will too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Didn’t watch the Witches as the wife was busy, but did watch the 2010 Nightmare on Elm Street. I don’t hate Jackie Earle Haley in this role and he’s definitely a more sinister Freddy, but the movie is absolutely terrible. Being so on the nose about Freddy being a pedophile robs the villain of the charm he had when Robert Englund was playing him.
    I really thought they might go the way of revealing that he was innocent and wrongly murdered in the Elm Street remake... which IMO would have made it a good movie... but nope.

Kinda funny... the guy who wrote that also wrote the prequel to The Thing and... Arrival. I'm guessing the remake/prequel were "jobs" as I know he optioned the story to Arrival and wrote the script as kind of a passion project.