Page 790 of 878 FirstFirst ... 788789790791792 ... LastLast
Results 9,469 to 9,480 of 10534

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I am like 6 episodes in on The Dahmer series. Its been pretty good. Evan Peters is knocking his role out of the park. Just fantastic acting.
    I almost did not recognize Molly Ringwald. It has a good supporting cast. Penelope miller, Dad from Step Brothers plays Dahmers Father.

If the story so far is legit to true life, Cops botched catching him twice.

I am like 3 episodes in on Andor Series. It is ok, no where even in the same league as The Mandolorian though.
    Thank you I couldn’t put my finger on where I knew his Father from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True story,

A neighborhood friend of mine as a kid, was the biggest martial arts wannabe nerd. He never had formal training, Think Jim Carrey Cable guy weirdo fascination with Karate. He would emulate every movie he watched. He would lie and tell people, even me who knew better he knew Karate but he clearly did not. Well in 9th grade high school he got goated into a fight, he starts out literally with the ballerina JCVD stance you know all too well, and lets just say it did not go well for him. He got his ass whooped like Mike Tyson fighting Peter Mcneeley. The kid opposing him was even shocked like "Can you believe this MOFO" laughing before he started punching his head into another dimension. Shit was hilarious. He dropped out not long after that debacle. Felt bad for him at the time, but he kind of picked the fight and deserved it.

JCVD might have had martial arts training but he was definitely no Chuck Norris.

I did watch my fair share of JCVD movies back in the day, but was never huge fan
    Yea i think all know a kid back in the day who thought they knew karate haha. I was never really a fan of Norris, but his fight with Bruce Lee is still top notch

I am like 6 episodes in on The Dahmer series. Its been pretty good. Evan Peters is knocking his role out of the park. Just fantastic acting.
    I almost did not recognize Molly Ringwald. It has a good supporting cast. Penelope miller, Dad from Step Brothers plays Dahmers Father.

If the story so far is legit to true life, Cops botched catching him twice.
    The Dahmer series was absolutely fantastic, as you said Peters killed that role, literally. I think the most said part of the series is when he is trying to talk to his father and saying "something is wrong with me, i need help, im not ok" and his father just completely ignores him and changes the subject. Clearly was not ok with him being gay. Serial killer stuff is prolly my favorite genre, the more psychology part of it, like Mind Hunter, Se7en, Silence of the Lambs, etc.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Just watched the first episode of Dahmer snd I’m in for sure…

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Just watched the first episode of Dahmer snd I’m in for sure…

I enjoy how they do they story telling.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

I have not watched Dahmer, but Evan Peters is always good, in everything he's in. One of the best actors out there today. He's basically singlehandedly carried the last 3-4 seasons of AHS that he was in.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I have not watched Dahmer, but Evan Peters is always good, in everything he's in. One of the best actors out there today. He's basically singlehandedly carried the last 3-4 seasons of AHS that he was in.
    He is great. What season do you think is his best work? I thought he was a fantastic villain in Cult. Maybe bc it felt more realistic

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    He is great. What season do you think is his best work? I thought he was a fantastic villain in Cult. Maybe bc it felt more realistic

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I would agree with Cult even though its one of my less favorite seasons overall, he is fantastic in it. Murder House and Freak Show after that.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Yea i think all know a kid back in the day who thought they knew karate haha. I was never really a fan of Norris, but his fight with Bruce Lee is still top notch

The Dahmer series was absolutely fantastic, as you said Peters killed that role, literally. I think the most said part of the series is when he is trying to talk to his father and saying "something is wrong with me, i need help, im not ok" and his father just completely ignores him and changes the subject. Clearly was not ok with him being gay. Serial killer stuff is prolly my favorite genre, the more psychology part of it, like Mind Hunter, Se7en, Silence of the Lambs, etc.
    Yeah I think Chuck Norris the actor was never very good, but as a fighter he was legit. I cannot say the same for JCVD.

Regarding Dahmer. I loved the series, finished it yesterday. The episode where the first 30 minutes was no sound, all subtitles kind of lost me and I hated it. Not sure why the show focused so much on that victim. The show seemed to not be entirely true to life on some aspects. The deaf guy, Dahmer who was said to be honest with all his crimes right out of the gate as the show showed has stated He never dated or knew that guy before he took him home from the bar and killed him. Yet his family supposedly said they dated for a year. Another aspect is the nosy neighbor woman who got alot of screen time never lived next to Dahmer, she was said to live in the next building. The did though call the police, FBI over and over and no one did a damn thing. She would have saved alot of peoples lives had the police did their job.

The show had one hell of a supporting cast, even Dahmers Lawyer I remember from stuff in the 90s but cannot remember his name. There are two good actors from Lean on Me. The black cop and the mom of the deaf guy were both in Lean on me.

Evan Peters is without a doubt a very under rated actor. He absolutely knocked this role out of the park. The poor guy could not even find a friend in prison. I think Evans gave a more human aspect to Dahmer. You could not help but feel bad for the guy, especially how he tried telling his father who might have been able to get him help before he went on a murdering cannabilistic binge like he did.

Not sure what the scene with John Wayne Gacy was included for at the end, that kind of made no sense in my opinion. My wife had never even heard of John Wayne Gacy, I had to explain to her what was going on. SHe said she was totally lost watching it like who the hell is this guy?

Watched a movie called Lou on Netflix.

Stars Allison Janey, The Jessie Smollet sister. The cast has a few known actors but its a pretty C List Cast. Movie is about a woman living on an island (ex cia back ground) who helps neighbor get her kipnapped daughter back.
    Think Taken with reversed sex roles and much weaker story.

Its worth a watch, but it was pretty underwhelming. It has a twist that is pretty garbage, had the story just stayed with normal kidnapping it would have been better.

Yeah I think Chuck Norris the actor was never very good, but as a fighter he was legit. I cannot say the same for JCVD.

Regarding Dahmer. I loved the series, finished it yesterday. The episode where the first 30 minutes was no sound, all subtitles kind of lost me and I hated it. Not sure why the show focused so much on that victim. The show seemed to not be entirely true to life on some aspects. The deaf guy, Dahmer who was said to be honest with all his crimes right out of the gate as the show showed has stated He never dated or knew that guy before he took him home from the bar and killed him. Yet his family supposedly said they dated for a year. Another aspect is the nosy neighbor woman who got alot of screen time never lived next to Dahmer, she was said to live in the next building. The did though call the police, FBI over and over and no one did a damn thing. She would have saved alot of peoples lives had the police did their job.

The show had one hell of a supporting cast, even Dahmers Lawyer I remember from stuff in the 90s but cannot remember his name. There are two good actors from Lean on Me. The black cop and the mom of the deaf guy were both in Lean on me.

Evan Peters is without a doubt a very under rated actor. He absolutely knocked this role out of the park. The poor guy could not even find a friend in prison. I think Evans gave a more human aspect to Dahmer. You could not help but feel bad for the guy, especially how he tried telling his father who might have been able to get him help before he went on a murdering cannabilistic binge like he did.

Not sure what the scene with John Wayne Gacy was included for at the end, that kind of made no sense in my opinion. My wife had never even heard of John Wayne Gacy, I had to explain to her what was going on. SHe said she was totally lost watching it like who the hell is this guy?
    I wasnt fan of the "deaf" episode but i definitely get what they were trying to do, point of view from the victims, put you in their shoes. One thing that they did which was different from most serial killer stories is really dive into what happens because of him, with the families, society and all that instead of just focusing on him.

Not really sure why they threw Gacey in there, but im in need of some more serial killer stuff, i think there is a doc on him on netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I wasnt fan of the "deaf" episode but i definitely get what they were trying to do, point of view from the victims, put you in their shoes. One thing that they did which was different from most serial killer stories is really dive into what happens because of him, with the families, society and all that instead of just focusing on him.

Not really sure why they threw Gacey in there, but im in need of some more serial killer stuff, i think there is a doc on him on netflix.
    Yeah I saw a documentary on Gacy, and a movie too. The actor who played the bike thief in Peewee Herman movie played Gacy, it was like 20 years ago or longer when I saw it.

The family that suffered the worst was the asian family. My god, their older son was almost a victim, he got away then years later Dahmer kills the younger son. That family went through hell. How the family, or the police did not immediately go after Dahmer is beyond me.
    If I was that father, I would have been hunting Dahmer immediately thinking that is who had my son.

I do not believe he just happened upon the kid by accident, I think he probably targeted him. That is one hell of a coincidence

Watched The Greatest Beer Run Ever starring Zac Efron. Based on a true story. It's not a must watch movie, but it is pretty good. It was a good way to kill 2 hours at work this morning.

Movie is about a guy's decision to take his buddies that are fighting in Vietnam some beers in order to boost their morale.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk