Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

I see this one finally got unlocked. :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I see this one finally got unlocked. :)

Dude...Eric Bischoff on TNT for the first time in 20 years, in a segment with Chris Jericho and Tony Schiavone announcing. What a surreal moment that was.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

My wife and I decided to fill in a gap in our movie history and watched Casablanca last night. I'd never seen it before. I'm not sure what I could say that hasn't already been said about it, it is obviously really good, fantastic ending.

Also watched House of Wax (2005) late last night which is about the exact opposite on the quality spectrum. Nothing really good to say about that, Paris Hilton is kinda hot in it I guess.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    My wife and I decided to fill in a gap in our movie history and watched Casablanca last night. I'd never seen it before. I'm not sure what I could say that hasn't already been said about it, it is obviously really good, fantastic ending.

Also watched House of Wax (2005) late last night which is about the exact opposite on the quality spectrum. Nothing really good to say about that, Paris Hilton is kinda hot in it I guess.
    Try this "House of Wax" from 1953 :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045888...m_flmg_act_170

Starring Vincent Price... Bc

Dude...Eric Bischoff on TNT for the first time in 20 years, in a segment with Chris Jericho and Tony Schiavone announcing. What a surreal moment that was.
    That was the first overall AEW show that I fully enjoyed. NXT wasn't a bad show this week, but I'm not at all surprised that AEW's ratings increased and they "won the ratings war" for the week again.

They could have slapped some fake tags on the back of the van though if they want to make it believable. Lol. Trent's mom can't be driving around without any tags. She

I'm not a fan of Bischoff, but it was nostalgic seeing him back. Kinda hope he sticks around longer.

Oh, I gave Impact a watch the past 2 weeks. Didn't take me long at all to remember why I quit watching it. It's some of the worst stuff I've ever seen on TV. Lol.

Cool Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Try this "House of Wax" from 1953 :

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0045888...m_flmg_act_170

Starring Vincent Price... Bc
    You beat me in saying it BC! That one also starred a Charles Buchinsky before he became Charles Bronson!

It's wonderful. But I read an interesting article about how it doesn't resonate the same way for Millenials and younger people, as it did for Baby Boomers & Gen-Xers. It's fading in reputation.

I tried to show it off to my stepdaughter some years ago. She loves vintage & retro stuff; I thought she'd dig it. She was thoroughly bored. I gave up after 20 mins & turned it off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    Palm Springs, a dark comedy about people stuck in a time loop, starring Andy Samberg. It's on Netflix.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palm_Springs_(2020_film)
    +1 I don't usually like that type of movie but it was good...but i was pretty drunk though, lol.

I watched "The Wrong Missy" before that and laughed my ass off.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9619798/

Thor: Ragnarok is my favorite of the MCU movies, loved Hella.

But my favorite Marvel characters are from the Mutant/X-Men universe.
    Logan was awesome but I look forward how they merge the 2 'worlds'.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

OT - The Movies/TV thread

Casablanca is my favorite movie. I tried to get my kids to watch it, but they weren’t interested. Not enough action for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Casablanca is my favorite movie. I tried to get my kids to watch it, but they weren’t interested. Not enough action for them.

It's my #2, edged out by a whisker by Hitchcock's North by Northwest.

they weren’t interested. Not enough action for them.
    Kids today are missing out on the quality directing, writing, and acting of the movies and TV shows late 1930s - early 1960s era.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

It's very common for younger people to "watch" a movie at home while also doing something else – txting, homework, flipping thru a magazine, whatever. Only looking directly at the screen when something "big" is happening, or when the music swells or whatever; otherwise keeping track out of the corner of their eye.

That tactic screws them on Casablanca. The whole early sequence when the letters of transit are handed around the Cafe and eventually stored, is told visually; while the dialogue is deliberately banal to cover the surreptitious action. If you're not actually looking at the screen, you completely miss what happened. You completely miss that ANYTHING happened.

Imagine trying to watch Rear Window without staring directly at the screen the whole time. Casablanca doesn't require quite as much visual attention as that; but you get the idea.