Page 882 of 886 FirstFirst ... 880881882883884 ... LastLast
Results 10,573 to 10,584 of 10627

Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Sugar - colin Farrel as a private detective, it's weirds and there is a very good reason and I promise you won't see the twist coming. One episode to go.

Ford vs Ferrari - as a car guy this is an absolute gem.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    Just started Sugar. I like it so far.

Hoping Mayor of Kingstown comes back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Just started Sugar. I like it so far.

Hoping Mayor of Kingstown comes back soon.

I can promise you won't see what's coming

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Ford vs Ferrari was a great movie.

I can't wait to watch ferrari with Adam driver but I know it won't be as good as this. The lamborghini movie with Grillo is worth the watch

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

4. Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Speaking of theater-going, has any ever been to a Fathom Event: a re-released of a (usually) classic movie.

I'm wondering if they do anything special at the theater. Small decorations, uniform tweaks, post-movie conversation/congregation? Or is it just "I hope you enjoyed seeing Grace Kelly in HD on big screen. See you in another ten years."

5. Re: OT - The Movies/TV thread

Tagging along to my Fathom message, you may remember that Wrestlemania 2 was hosted and simulcast at/by three venues across the country. Does anyone know if the WWE ever considered a theatre-event featuring a ninety-minute compilation of Best-Of matches. Relive the MegaPowers exploding. Watch Hogan slam Andre The Giant on an Imax screen. Something to get wrestling fans together ala a Rocky Horror experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    Speaking of theater-going, has any ever been to a Fathom Event: a re-released of a (usually) classic movie.

I'm wondering if they do anything special at the theater. Small decorations, uniform tweaks, post-movie conversation/congregation? Or is it just "I hope you enjoyed seeing Grace Kelly in HD on big screen. See you in another ten years."
    yes late 90s when they did Star Wars trilogy. At the Senator theater. They had props and shit set up. Historic theater but uncomfortable compared to new theaters.

Theaters today do not do stuff like that unfortunately. I wish they did

Trying to watch Ghost Busters. All these weird wimpy kids. They added Paul Rudd and some crusty legacy's to sort of tie it back to the original light hearted goofy feel good movie but It's pretty terrible if you ask me. It doesn't feel like a comedy which is what the original really was.

Watched Beekeeper.

After the terrible Ghostbusters it was a welcome piece of mindless ridiculous and satisfying violence. Aimed at call center scammers no less.

Blog Entries

Watched the new Strangers Chapter 1 movie and whoo boy is it one steaming pile of shit. The original movie The Strangers is one of my favorite horror films of all time, Prey at Night was mediocre but unoffensive, this is atrocious. This is like a Tubi quality movie - will give one caveat that I watched it via a cam (i.e. someone filmed w/ their phone or camcorder) from one of my streaming sites, though I doubt any of it would be any better in HD. Parts of it are note for note identical to the original, like that wierd Pyscho movie from the late 90s that was also identical to the original. The actress in it is cute, but that's all I can give it. I don't see the point.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Watched the new Strangers Chapter 1 movie and whoo boy is it one steaming pile of shit. The original movie The Strangers is one of my favorite horror films of all time, Prey at Night was mediocre but unoffensive, this is atrocious. This is like a Tubi quality movie - will give one caveat that I watched it via a cam (i.e. someone filmed w/ their phone or camcorder) from one of my streaming sites, though I doubt any of it would be any better in HD. Parts of it are note for note identical to the original, like that wierd Pyscho movie from the late 90s that was also identical to the original. The actress in it is cute, but that's all I can give it. I don't see the point.

Speaking of TUBI quality Movie, I had nothing to do this weekend and finally got around to watching Madame Webb (Free of course) because I was not paying to watch it.

This movie actually has a nice cast, considering all 4 lead actresses are absolutely gorgeous to watch but my god this movie as fucking awful. Words cannot describe how stupid the story is, how bad the acting is and what a pile of shit this movie was. It took me 2 days to finish it because I turned it off once because it was so bad but I felt I had to finish it and well it had Sydney Sweeney in it.

How this movie made it to completion proves without a doubt Hollywood is beyond screwed, fucked, done and the end of good movies is truly here and real. Shit like this is why movie theaters are closing.

The movie starts out in the amazon jungle with a 9 months old pregnant mom of Madame Webb, searching for a mystery spider. She finds the spider, only to be murdered by big bad guy who is without a doubt the lamest, dumbest, stupidest fucking villian in any marvel movie ever. Well jungle spider nomads start crawling upside down from the trees to save her and her baby. She dies, baby survives by mystery spider bite and the crazy nomad jungle spider people somehow get her to an orphanage in New York City. Flash forward 35 years, adult baby is now madame webb, big bad guy in black spiderman suit, who looks like the lamest attempt at suit you have ever seen has somehow not aged a single day and is fighting the baby of the woman he murdered years ago.

The bad guy has nightmares every day (not the future seeing ability madame webb apparently has) and he has to kill 3 super hot spider women who keep trying to kill him in his dreams. Also he is shorter than like all the female leads and when in his black suit he looks like he is a midget in the suit. The actor they chose is 5' 7" and he sounds like he is mocking a great actor and villian Baron Von Zemo. He literally sounds just like him and its annoying because it makes you not want to like Zemo who has actually been one of the only good villians to see from Marvel.

So bad guy has all these abilities like super strength, crawling up buildings, kills people with touch, but same spider bite did not give Madame webb those abilities? Makes no sense.

No explanation of how 3 other hotties get their powers. Beyond stupid.

The fighting and special effects are terrible, like 90s bad technology and the ending fight scene is so hilariously stupid words cannot describe it. Somehow Madame Webb ends up Blind, and is now the female less cool, less powerful, professor X.

Outside of watching Sydney Sweeney in school girl outfit, this movie is not worth watching like at all unless you want to brag about watching the worst movie ever made because it has to be in that discussion.

If this is the future of Marvel, they might as well drop a nuke on it now and call it a day
    Last edited by ravensfan7716; 05-20-2024 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Trying to watch Ghost Busters. All these weird wimpy kids. They added Paul Rudd and some crusty legacy's to sort of tie it back to the original light hearted goofy feel good movie but It's pretty terrible if you ask me. It doesn't feel like a comedy which is what the original really was.
    The new Ghostbusters movie was better than the previous one but overall both were dog shit.

The new one felt lazy, like no effort was put into the script and acting. Bill Murray looked like he just showed up for the pay check, no effort at all

they need to reboot it entirely or just let it die.

Such a shame because ghostbusters was a classic that will live on forever

Started watching a netflix series called Tires.

It has Shane Mcgillis, Stavros, and another well know Comedian (he was on the Tom Brady roast, haircut and mustache guy that looks like hitler.)

Anyway it starts slow, its acted kind of poorly but its pretty funny. The lead actor who runs the tire shop I have never seen before but his facial expressions are hilarious.

Kind of reminds you of impractical jokers but with a script. Low budget but funny