Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Any car guys (or gals).

The dude that owns the business next to me just sold his Viper and bought one of these:

I've never been a huge fan of US cars but this (and the Charger SRT8 and GTO) is baaaad ass.

500HP, 480 ft/lbs - around $40K.

The interior is pretty tight and it handles. Plus it is supercharged which means the mod potential is huge. I guarantee there will be 600 to 700 HP tweaked versions running around in no time.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Re: Any car guys (or gals).

Yeah, I'm a car guy. Unfortunately, my wallet is not.
    SS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raineman
    Yeah, I'm a car guy. Unfortunately, my wallet is not.
    I hear you! That's really the only reason I'm not driving an M5

When I was younger I had a 78 Trans Am with a 400, 4 barrel. Man I loved that car and wished I still had it.

The car of my dreams is the Lexus SC430. Man that car is sweet.

A friend of mine is a reporter for Motorweek and he is always bringing over cars to my house to drool over. One time he brought over a Ferrari 360 spider. After topping out well over 100mph we stopped in front of the house and were talking. 2 burnouts cruised by the car twice and then finally stopped. They asked what we did for a living and our reply was drug dealers. They replied "Man we sell drugs and look at this piece of crap were driving". As they left I wrote their tag number down. If you knew what I did for a living you would understand why I got such a kick out of this.

Not wanting to get flamed but the Pontiac GTO (current one) isn't an American car, it's a re-badged Holden Monaro (Aussie) and it's a truly awesome car. The new Mustang and the 60's Mustangs are two of the few Ford's I actually like.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers
    Not wanting to get flamed but the Pontiac GTO (current one) isn't an American car, it's a re-badged Holden Monaro (Aussie) and it's a truly awesome car. The new Mustang and the 60's Mustangs are two of the few Ford's I actually like.
    You are correct. It is a Monaro. Australians have all the fun. It is also a Vauxhall for the Brits with shares in Shell Oil.

The engine however - originally the LS-1 (5.7l) now the LS-2 (6.0l) debuted in the 97 Corvette.

The LS-2 is the current base Corvette motor (400BHP).

I can attest, Stockers was into Monaros before Monaros were cool. I sent him some pretty flippin' sweet shots.

I don't dream a lot about man toys, but I did share with my wife that I had a jones for the Cobra. I even educated my family on the Cobra and the Shelby GT - (the real one). I'm no rich guy, but at $40K, a guy could find one of those next year on some lot. Unfortunately/fortunately they're making a ton of 'em. (relatively speaking, of course) The new Horses are selling like crazy because like me, many of us have really fond memories of the debut of the fastback and the urban legends that grew to mythic proportions.

Blog Entries

Dabruise, you can always rent a modded GT from Hertz, just like in the 60s: http://www.leftlanenews.com/2006/04/...gt-h-unveiled/

Those are "Boss" - excuse the pun. I loved the GT350 and 500s and that's def. my fave color scheme. Something just seems weird about renting exotics.

However, I'd rent a Cobra, even if it was a replica.

Have you seen the new concept Cobras? Can't say I care for them too much.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP
    I'm looking for a 1966 Mustang convertible.

Anyone know where I can find one, other than the net.

I'm also looking for a small efficient pickup.

http://www.mustangdreams.com/mdconvert.htm
    Buying a vintage car is something you should do only if you are very very familiar with the make and model and what to look for. My last project was a 1974 Corvette roadster (convertible) and I looked for ever on the internet and in the Auto Trader. Ended up seeing an ad in a Superfresh store and bought it locally. 'Flipped' it a year later to a lucky buyer. While buying I found a very good guide on the web although I was very familiar with the car.

If I'm not mistaken, 66 was the second full year for the Stang. It was originally a 1964½. I'd be careful unless your pockets are deep or you're handy in car restoration.

As for the pick up: depends on your budget I suppose but I would probably by a small used Nissan or Toyota with a warranty. Look for 2 or 3 year old off-lease vehicles hitting the lots. New, I like the new 5 cylinder GMs - Colorado/Canyon, but they ain't cheap.

I want one of these in Ravens Purple and Black!

Last edited by Mobtown; 09-08-2006 at 08:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Is that the Camaro? Yes I like that too. They need it to go up against the Charger and the SVT Mustang.