Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

This game was a microcosm of the way this team was built.

Offensively, you have a QB who almost seems dejected at certain points and may end up with a delay of game streak longer than the interception streak. Yet, after years of seeing that he works best when you speed his clock up, Harbaugh, a week after a better offensive performance where his QB even comes out and says that they need to keep the momentum going, arrogantly decides that since he's facing a rookie QB he just needs to take the air out of the ball and limit mistakes. Killing any momentum the offense started to build last week. Everyone got excited about a late summer addition with injury concerns who was never a 'great' WR to begin with. He's basically had to leave each game at one point or another and missed this one completely. Every tight end has done what everyone said they would do. Gilmore got hurt. Williams got hurt. Boyle does nothing in the passing offense and his blocking actually worsens when he tries to put more focus on going out into routes. Watson is doing all that he can, but his health's hanging on by a thread. The offensive line is only better from addition through subtraction with Castillo and Zuttah gone. They still aren't that good and very hit or miss. West never fit this running scheme anyway. Buck Allen can only run straight forward and is slow. Perriman can't catch. Campanaro can get open and can't catch. Wallace can only catch with his body and he hardly gets open, which means most of his catches are contested, because he lets the ball get into his body. Moore can't catch. So the mistakes that the QB makes are magnified, because he has no help what so ever.

Defensively, you have a unit who loses one piece and falls apart, giving up 200 yards to a team that everyone knew would try to pound the rock into gravel. Continuously, we see WRs running open downfield. It's just a matter of how accurate the QB is and how good his vision and time to throw is. They struggle to contain the edges. They were a top 10 defense before all of this off-season investment. They should be top 3. They won't even sniff that. They wouldn't sniff it even with better offensive play.

John Harbaugh is an arrogant out of touch HC who, instead of reading the tea leaves, thought he had this game in the bag before it started and came out with the most conservative gameplan you could imagine. And wonders why his QB isn't in the same rhythm he was in the week before.

The defense is overrated and the only reason they've even looked this good is because they QBs have been terrible up to this point. You are now starting to see them lose confidence with the offense struggling so much, and John Harbaugh and Ozzie Newsome have no answers.

This offense was bad last year and they didn't replace two of its best pieces: Wagner and Smith Sr. They put in cheaper replacements and they are getting the results that show that. Decent production. Problem is, they didn't go cheap on those spots from a 3rd ranked offense. This offense was bad last year and they replaced Wagner and Smith Sr. with inferior pieces.

Yet, somehow, someway, posters actually thought this offense could be 15th.

Yet, somehow, someway, posters wonder why Joe Flacco isn't a high quality QB.

When this city pulls its head out of its ass and learns that there is a world beyond its precious defensive culture, and stops just expecting the offense to manage the game and play second fiddle to their beloved defense, maybe you'll see an offense worth a darn that doesn't just crumble at the first sign of adversity.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 10-15-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: This game was a microcosm of the way this team was built.

Great post. We should have saw this coming the second we stuck w/ Mattison and cut Jim Zorn in order to save Cameron. We let that slide and it blossomed into this.

I knew before the season started the offense was going to hamstring the defense and crush the dreams of a 2000 Ravens reboot. This team is fatally flawed from the get go. All we can do now is rearrange deck chairs on the Titanic.

Time to let it sink and build a new one with a new captain. Maybe a new GM too. It'd be one thing if we really did get a sick defense with all the resources spent, but we're getting ripped off by Brandon Williams, Jefferson, and Weddle. I don't even want to hear "but our defense would be so good if not for the offense!". They don't get that luxury to blame others with the way they're playing and given the resources dedicated to the unit that caused us to work with a MASH group on offense.

Live and die by the one yard pass. Flacco loves throwing the fourth quarter pick. We've been making excuses for Flacco forever. He's not the main reason, but he's part of it.

Flacco is terrible but nothing in the OP is false. The team did nothing to bolster an already bad offense that lost pieces. Of course it's terrible.

I keep saying it, but everyone who decided that it was a good idea to skip WR in the super talented 2014 draft should be fired.

Blog Entries

They made their bed...almost all of us knew what needed to be done to help this team and get back to winning but they the experts getting paid millions to this. Lol.. Harbaugh can’t coach and Ozzie ways are old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are built to beat Pittsburgh in December, 2008.

Blog Entries

What works best for the QB and what the Head Coach wants out of the offense are complete opposites. The defensive style that the Head Coach wants and the defensive style that was getting it done here even when he arrived and when Pagano took over, are also complete opposites.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

9. Re: This game was a microcosm of the way this team was built.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    What works best for the QB and what the Head Coach wants out of the offense are complete opposites. The defensive style that the Head Coach wants and the defensive style that was getting it done here even when he arrived and when Pagano took over, are also complete opposites.
    Harbaugh should do the opposite of what he himself would choose like George Costanza.

He'd then be the GOAT of HCs.
    Instead of just the goat of this team.

Blog Entries

Us adhd guys can’t read all of that. But I think I agree with most of it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Excellector is absolutely spot on with this post. We blew the wad on a defense that does not defend, and neglected an offense that has been woefully neglected for years.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I knew before the season started the offense was going to hamstring the defense and crush the dreams of a 2000 Ravens reboot. This team is fatally flawed from the get go. All we can do now is rearrange deck chairs on the Titanic.

Time to let it sink and build a new one with a new captain. Maybe a new GM too. It'd be one thing if we really did get a sick defense with all the resources spent, but we're getting ripped off by Brandon Williams, Jefferson, and Weddle. I don't even want to hear "but our defense would be so good if not for the offense!". They don't get that luxury to blame others with the way they're playing and given the resources dedicated to the unit that caused us to work with a MASH group on offense.
    Agree

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down