Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Random thoughts (because that's all this team deserves)

1) Ben Watson must have slept with Flacco's wife, because Joe's trying to get him killed.

2) Flacco has all the situational awareness of a guy wearing a blindfold and earmuffs. I've never seen a QB throw a ball that far past the line. And there's no excuse for delay of game.

3) Our safeties blow. One can't tackle for shit, and the other will bite on anything. They personally gave up 17 points today. Ed Reed must have sensed a disturbance in the Force.

4) I feel sorry for Suggs. He deserves better than this clusterfuck.

5) One-yard passes to guys running out of bounds should be grounds for immediate dismissal of an OC, and benching of the QB.

6) This team should never, ever, draft a WR again. Just sign FA's.

7) I should have mowed the lawn.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Re: Random thoughts (because that's all this team deserves)

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    1) Ben Watson must have slept with Flacco's wife, because Joe's trying to get him killed.

2) Flacco has all the situational awareness of a guy wearing a blindfold and earmuffs. I've never seen a QB throw a ball that far past the line. And there's no excuse for delay of game.

3) Our safeties blow. One can't tackle for shit, and the other will bite on anything. They personally gave up 17 points today. Ed Reed must have sensed a disturbance in the Force.

5) One-yard passes to guys running out of bounds should be grounds for immediate dismissal of an OC, and benching of the QB.

Great points. To extrapolate on 6, we should never ever draft a wide receiver. If we can get a Steve Smith Sr., a Mike Wallace, and a Jeremy Maclin on discount in free agency because they were coming off bad seasons, more power to us.

Many have posted regarding our inability to develop wide receivers, due to the fact we have never had a consistent offensive philosophy but why draft what can be purchased on discount.

Draft linemen, corners, linebackers, and next year a quarterback for the future. It's time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This shit, man. This was on a first down after Moore couldn't get out of bounds to stop the clock. They take like 10 seconds to run a 1-yard out and get out of bounds. JUST SPIKE IT! Keep those 10 seconds and lose 1 yard instead. Incredibly inept by all involved.

4. Re: Random thoughts (because that's all this team deserves)

That lawn won't mow itself

Quote Originally Posted by NestMinder View Post
    This shit, man. This was on a first down after Moore couldn't get out of bounds to stop the clock. They take like 10 seconds to run a 1-yard out and get out of bounds. JUST SPIKE IT! Keep those 10 seconds and lose 1 yard instead. Incredibly inept by all involved.
    That sequence personifies the ineptitude of the Ravens offense. My guess is, that pass wasn't supposed to sail out of bounds. Campanaro had to lunge to catch the ball in the first place. He was supposed to catch it in the flat and turn upfield. Kinda like the New England play to Julian Edelman that killed us in the last playoff game.

It's still bad play design and Edelman had to break tackles for it to work against the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That sequence personifies the ineptitude of the Ravens offense. My guess is, that pass wasn't supposed to sail out of bounds. Campanaro had to lunge to catch the ball in the first place. He was supposed to catch it in the flat and turn upfield. Kinda like the New England play to Julian Edelman that killed us in the last playoff game.
    Hard to fathom that this is the same team & QB that ran that gorgeous 2-minute drill to win in Pittsburgh in 2011. Last couple years, they have no clue. Every announcer remarks on their "lack of urgency."

Hard to fathom that this is the same team & QB that ran that gorgeous 2-minute drill to win in Pittsburgh in 2011. Last couple years, they have no clue. Every announcer remarks on their "lack of urgency."
    Even when it looks like they're hurrying, it still takes 30 seconds between plays. Flacco must think he's John Wayne, making people crap themselves when he ambles into town. Get a clue, Joe.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Even when it looks like they're hurrying, it still takes 30 seconds between plays. Flacco must think he's John Wayne, making people crap themselves when he ambles into town. Get a clue, Joe.
    Right, they'll run up to the line and get set, and next thing you know, the play clock ticks under 10 before the ball is snapped.

Blog Entries

Point 6 is something I wish they'd do and I don't mean the Maclin or Sr. type. Just bite the bullet and do it. How good would Alshon look right now? No, we can't have nice things at receiver. Spend big on a luxury at safety but God forbid you pay for a receiver.

Last couple years, they have no clue. Every announcer remarks on their "lack of urgency."
    This lack of urgency has been an issue for a while. The question is, who's to blame? Is this poor coaching? Does Flacco sometimes "space out" on the field or does he just not care? These guys are paid professionals and are supposed to be the best of the best. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    This lack of urgency has been an issue for a while. The question is, who's to blame? Is this poor coaching? Does Flacco sometimes "space out" on the field or does he just not care? These guys are paid professionals and are supposed to be the best of the best. What gives?
    Flacco reached the mountaintop and doesn't seem hungry anymore. Bring Kubiak and Dennison back, and they would be all over his mechanics and footwork.

Steve Smith said a couple years ago, there is a large contingent of happy to be on the team players. This likely hasn't changed very much.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Flacco reached the mountaintop and doesn't seem hungry anymore. Bring Kubiak and Dennison back, and they would be all over his mechanics and footwork.

Steve Smith said a couple years ago, there is a large contingent of happy to be on the team players. This likely hasn't changed very much.
    good point i remember that. i dont think he was talking about flacco bc he loves him