Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Where do people stand on the Marlon Humphrey v. Oj Howard debate currently?

Just curious.

Re: Where do people stand on the Marlon Humphrey v. Oj Howard debate currently?

Still wanted / want Howard, but the wave of injuries to the Ravens have hit CB particularly hard and Humphrey is still playing. So, they may end up looking like the smart ones again.

9 catches for 90 yds over 4 games. Howard does not exactly look like Gronk yet.
    On the other hand, Humphrey doesn't look like Revis Island yet either.

Still very, very early for both guys:

4. Re: Where do people stand on the Marlon Humphrey v. Oj Howard debate currently?

I wanted OJ Howard a game changer like Gronk for offense! Ozzie hardly consider drafting any offensive players to fill spots on OL and TE ! Defense is'great but in modern NFL era of offenses we need score points lol! This is not 2002 the early Ravens D winning games. That will not bring us back to or even close to winning a Super Bowl again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Marlon is going to be a stud. Sooner rather than later.

Blog Entries

OJ Howard is splitting time with Cameron Brate, with Brate getting the majority of snaps and throws. He is also behind DeSean Jackson and Mike Evans. He was never going to have a big time rookie season, barring injuries. I never intended on using one season to say I told you so or change my mind anyway. The Ravens, in my opinion, are not going to come out looking smart with this move. OJ Howard would be behind Benjamin Watson immediately, being a more athletic explosive version in the passing offense, while also coming in as the team's best blocker at TE. He is that target that could do damage in the space provided by defenses covering the vertical threats. Watson is going to be on a snap count. We all knew that. There was talk about depth, but depth does not mean 'high quality depth'. Boyle has done nothing. Williams has done nothing. Howard is a guy who could grow with Flacco going forward. Now, you're still going to have to go out and find a TE and if you look to the draft, you are going to be hard-pressed to find a better TE prospect than Howard.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Man I was one who wanted Howard bad but I wasn’t upset about Humphrey either because that pick was also a need. Right now Humphrey is doing major work and I love it! So it’s all good this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Too early to tell.

Way too early.

But Humphrey looks the better player so far.

And lol at Swords comment with Howard being behind other players. Humphrey was drafted to a secondary with Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr, and Webb in the secondary. If Howard was going to be a great freak TE that everyone said he was going to be, hed be the #1 HE like Gronk was from day 1. I think Howard will be a good TE... But I've always thought he's an over hyped player.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Too early to tell.

Way too early.

But Humphrey looks the better player so far.

And lol at Swords comment with Howard being behind other players. Humphrey was drafted to a secondary with Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr, and Webb in the secondary. If Howard was going to be a great freak TE that everyone said he was going to be, hed be the #1 HE like Gronk was from day 1. I think Howard will be a good TE... But I've always thought he's an over hyped player.
    Gronk wasnt even Gronk from day 1. TEs hardly ever come in and kill it from day 1.

Blog Entries

Both have made some nice plays.

Both have looked like rookies.

I think that this debate largely stems from the ravens not taking any offensive skill player this past draft. Had the Ravens taken Chris Godwin or Taywan Taylor or something, I think most of us probably wouldn’t be harping on OJ Howard as much.

Realistically, Humphrey is either 20 years old or he literally JUST turned 21. He’s already a pretty darn good cover corner and he has ideal size.

I liked Howard a lot too as a prospect. Hard to pass on a 6’6” 250lb guy with the speed he has, but the lack of production in college was always something that was odd for me. I guess we’ll never know if he could have been more productive in an offense that featured the TE in the passing attack.

I don’t think we would have been wrong had we taken Howard. I also don’t think we were wrong to take Humphrey. All things considered, it’s a damn good thing we did. You need a crap ton of corners in this league and Jimmy has been missing games left and right for 2-3 seasons now. Also, who knew Tavon would go down for the whole season?

I liked the Humphrey pick. He’s a quality kid with a really nice combination of size, speed, lateral movement, and physicality. Hopefully he continues to get better. Who knows? Maybe he’ll be the next big thing at corner? Ozzie is due for a top draft pick pro-bowler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Both should have solid careers but given the past couple years with decimated secondary plus all the TEs they thought would be healthy, it made sense. Happy with Humphrey.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    9 catches for 90 yds over 4 games. Howard does not exactly look like Gronk yet.
    On the other hand, Humphrey doesn't look like Revis Island yet either.

Still very, very early for both guys: