Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Jemele Hill at it again

Quote Originally Posted by filthflarnfilth View Post
    This issue has nothing to do with the Flag. It’s about putting people in their place. It’s culture war. It’s kiss the ring warfare. People scream O during the national anthem, same anthem with racist lyrics. If the general public would agree that black folk need have fear for their life when they encounter police, this would end today. But it won’t and at some point they are going to stop playing football.
    I never said it had to do with the flag, I was just clarifying what you think the issue is, considering everyone has a different opinion on what the actual issue is. Im not scared of getting shot by the police and more unarmed white people have been killed so far this year. Just because someone feels something is a certain way, doesn't mean that is actually the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MontibelloValhalla View Post
    Whose numbers are you using? What about Jamir Rice? Sandra Bland? Michael Bennett? Investigations? Where are the convictions?

Law Firm of McCauley, Dickey and McMillan.
    Um, what about Michael Bennett?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Um, what about Michael Bennett?
    Another "hands up don't shoot" lie.

Blog Entries

Or Jerry can fire the players, players boycott and nobody watches football. This is where it’s going. All because people wanna change the goalposts and narrative. This won’t end well because Jerry Jones and the old boy cabal refuse to address the real issue. Black folks are dug in. This is just the beginning.
    It's easy to "dig in" when still getting paid. Do you really think players will go on strike, and give up their million dollar salaries to play a game they supposedly love over this issue?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Another "hands up don't shoot" lie.
    Caught on video. Bethca we don't get a response to the question about this one.

Blog Entries

If players want to make a difference in this country, they need to look no further than JJ Watt. He is your definition of a "role model" to be looked up to. Yes, he's a white guy, but I don't judge a man by his color, i judge a man on his character and his appears to be outstanding.
    http://jjwfoundation.org/

https://twitter.com/JJWatt?ref_src=t...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

It's easy to "dig in" when still getting paid. Do you really think players will go on strike, and give up their million dollar salaries to play a game they supposedly love over this issue?
    No

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

If players want to make a difference in this country, they need to look no further than JJ Watt. He is your definition of a "role model" to be looked up to. Yes, he's a white guy, but I don't judge a man by his color, i judge a man on his character and his appears to be outstanding.

If fund-raising or charitable work establishes someone as a role model then there are hundreds of them around the league.
    I don't see why color is even worth mentioning.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

What the hell does J.J. Watt have to do with black folks getting killed by police?

This issue has nothing to do with the Flag.
    Then why protest during the national anthem?

It’s about putting people in their place. It’s culture war. It’s kiss the ring warfare.
    You mean...a job?

People scream O during the national anthem, same anthem with racist lyrics.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA. Sorry for your oppression. I know it has to be tough with "the man" keeping you down and not giving you opportunity.

If the general public would agree that black folk need have fear for their life when they encounter police, this would end today.
    if people stop committing crimes, pointing guns at cops, and resisting/fleeing/attacking the police, people won't fear for their life when they are encountered. Thousands upon thousands of people interact with police everyday and aren't killed/arrested. Why is that?

at some point they are going to stop playing football.
    And there will be 1,000 hungry, young college athletes waiting to take their place and be afforded the opportunity to make millions. This doesn't fit the whole "victim/oppressed" narrative though does it?

What the hell does J.J. Watt have to do with black folks getting killed by police?
    What the hell does football have to do with the police?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    He has every right while that person is wearing his uniform and being paid by him, ya know, his employee. How do people not understand this logic?
    lol....How do people not understand that it doesn't quite work like that.

If by "he has every right" you mean that he has every right to face a lawsuit for penalizing his employes for behavior that reside outside of their contractual obligations then yeah you're correct, he has every right.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Jemele Hill is now telling people to boycott Cowboys' advertisers as a result of JJ's stance on the flag/anthem protest.

Here are my 2 thoughts:
    1) Why is this no-talent nit-wit on ESPN? Seriously? What are her credentials? What has she accomplished in journalism? In sports?
    2) She should've been fired for her "white supremacist" accusation against the POTUS. She surely will be fired for this? Right?

Why would any national organization (ESPN) put up with an employee who is this irresponsible?

The NFL is the cash-cow for ESPN. Attacking the owner of the most profitable team in the league has got to piss off ESPN ownership.

I assume this is going to be made into a racism issue.

Sad!!
    so the president of the us concerns himself with pro athletes kneeling and says they are disrespecting the flag, even though every player that has kneeled says its not a slight to the country. he then says people shouldn't support the league if players continue and then goes as far as calling the players mothers bitches and yet i can't find one thread on this site that was started in admonishment of him……but jemele hill gets a thread???

Lol the fake outrage in these parts is comical. i have my strong suspicions as to what is at the core of all this but i'll save it for another time.